• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry i'm cheating

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
That's not cheating, Meandflower.
Whatever it takes for people to post in English in here is okay with me.

If I had to moderate everybody in their own language I'd probably just wind up making a mod post saying "Yeah, whatever everybody. Just go ahead and do whatever you want to do".
I understand that well! Because if many had written in different languages here at RF, it would have been a lot of work for you moderators :eek:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand that well! Because if many had written in different languages here at RF, it would have been a lot of work for you moderators :eek:
I have a hard enough time understanding half of the people in here when they're speaking English. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That's probably because in the frozen video I posted they speak the dialect East-Norwegian. It's the same dialect I speak.

But in the youtube video you posted, they speak the dialect west-Norwegian

Here is another song in which they sing with the dialect East-Norwegian:

That's beautiful. The music and the language both.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
In Norway, we have two written languages: Bokmål and Nynorsk.

Bokmål is very similar to the Eastern-Norwegian dialect, and Nynorsk is very similar to the Western-Norwegian dialect. About 88% of the population use Bokmål, and only 12 % use Nynorsk

Here is the difference in spelling:

Nynorsk: Korleis laga gode setningar på nynorsk
Bokmål: Hvordan lage gode setninger på nynorsk

(English: How to make good sentences in Nynorsk)

Nynorsk: Det vil seia at vi prøver å skriva setningane mest mogleg som vi ville seia dei.
Bokmål: Det vil si at vi prøver å skrive setningene mest mulig som vi ville si de.

(English: That is, we try to write the sentences as much as we would like to say them)

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sorry i'm cheating :emojconfused::disappointed:

I tried to write English on the forum without google translate but it does not work. I'm way too bad at English. So almost all the time I have written everything in google translate, it translates all the sentences from Norwegian to English for me.

I know I wrote I should stop using google translate but I failed.
I would think that continued use of it would be a good way on your own to learn how to write in another language.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I understand English very well. I can also read books on religion in English without any problems. What I struggle with is formulating myself in English. Strange really. I understand English well but am poor at speaking and writing English.

By the way, Google translate translated your English into Norwegian very well

Du er et godt og snilt menneske som er med i frivillighetsorganisasjoner:blush:
I think it's great you're understanding English so well. Translating into English from Norwegian is good, too.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm sorry i'm cheating :emojconfused::disappointed:

I tried to write English on the forum without google translate but it does not work. I'm way too bad at English. So almost all the time I have written everything in google translate, it translates all the sentences from Norwegian to English for me.

I know I wrote I should stop using google translate but I failed.

Oversatt av Google Translate
Ikke bry deg om det