• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm moving on, ladies and gents

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I'll miss you, if you want to look me up on the book of faces then my username here is my facebook url. Or PM me if that's too confusing.

Also for reading - everything by Robin Hobb ever. Everything by Brandon Sanderson ever. Everything by Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant ever.

I hope you do come back someday.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Enjoyed all the banter. Knock em dead moviestar. Best wishes and take very good care of yourself. :0)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
So long, look after yourself. I wouldn't know what to suggest you read, I'm about to read If you prefer a milder comedian, please ask for one by Stewart Lee is about all I can say.

All the best.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Yu da bomb, Alceste. Drop by from time to time !!

I think we need a 20k+ poster retention program. We can't be losing these high count posters. We need to reward them for their hard work and great ideas. Are we prepared to make Alceste a counter offer? Perhaps she runs the LHP sub- ? ;)

I also suggest we have a going away party for Alceste on Saturday night at 11PM EST in the Chatroom.

http://www.ribbeh.com/chatroom/

Bring champagne and dessert :D

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
I'll miss you, if you want to look me up on the book of faces then my username here is my facebook url. Or PM me if that's too confusing.

Also for reading - everything by Robin Hobb ever. Everything by Brandon Sanderson ever. Everything by Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant ever.

I hope you do come back someday.

Ha, I am a sleuth of epic proportions. No explanation is needed. :D I will look you up.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good thread So long.....fair thee well.....knock um dead.....break a leg.....try to avoid People.....the magazine Haha I think if I ever see someone with a big fuzzy hat on with a butt hanging out of the mouth I shall think of you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
NEIN! Du kannst nicht verlassen!
But we all must do what we must do. I will miss your posts, especially when you have science show up to save the day.

Good thread So long.....fair thee well.....knock um dead.....break a leg.....try to avoid People.....the magazine Haha I think if I ever see someone with a big fuzzy hat on with a butt hanging out of the mouth I shall think of you.
My mom was somewhere and she was offered a free trial magazine subscription, and she choice National Geographic and gave my address because she knows I like reading that magazine. However, whatever company started sending that People filth to my mailbox and I haven't been too happy about it.

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm getting busy with endless 60 hour film weeks, and I'm tired of playing with my phone between setups when it's quiet. I'm going to start bringing books to work instead.

Also, the cumulative sleep deprivation has really eroded my patience. It's getting more and more difficult for me to find conversations on RF that I'm interested in joining at all, and even then I am often feeling it's the same discussions over and over again.

Anyway, I'm posting this here because I've really grown fond of you folks, and this DIR has been consistently interesting and fun to participate in since we created it, and I want to thank you all for that.

I'm going to wind it down over the next week or so, as a departure from my usual way of just disappearing for a few months, then coming back. That's because I'm not coming back, but I'd like to keep in touch with you folks in the future.

Suggestions for reading material would also be great! :D Sometimes there's nothing for me to do for hours on end.

Are you kidding me?

:sad4:

Man, this place depresses my with its many departures. It's been a fun 5.5 years, ruthlessly defending everything pure in this world, but I'm not sure anyone was as good as at as ya!

Oh boy. Well you have my e-mail, and you long ago made it onto my annual music spam list, so you will hear from me later than not.

Oh, and lets see here...

reading stuffs:

Dos Passos's USA Triology.
Zadie Smith's Novels.
David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest (this outta help rid yourself of RF forever)
Joao Riberio's The Lizard's Smile
Roberto Bolano's 2666

You'll be glad that you did!

Good luck in your endeavors, Alceste. It's been fun reading your stuff.