• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm moving on, ladies and gents

Alceste

Vagabond
I'm getting busy with endless 60 hour film weeks, and I'm tired of playing with my phone between setups when it's quiet. I'm going to start bringing books to work instead.

Also, the cumulative sleep deprivation has really eroded my patience. It's getting more and more difficult for me to find conversations on RF that I'm interested in joining at all, and even then I am often feeling it's the same discussions over and over again.

Anyway, I'm posting this here because I've really grown fond of you folks, and this DIR has been consistently interesting and fun to participate in since we created it, and I want to thank you all for that.

I'm going to wind it down over the next week or so, as a departure from my usual way of just disappearing for a few months, then coming back. That's because I'm not coming back, but I'd like to keep in touch with you folks in the future.

Suggestions for reading material would also be great! :D Sometimes there's nothing for me to do for hours on end.

Edit: OK, so I will be coming back again after I finish all these books, my book of crossword puzzles, and the other analog hobbies I intend to rediscover to fill the gaps at work. When I first posted this thread I was under the impression that it would not be possible to return, but that was a misunderstanding which has now cleared itself up.

Last edited:

Treks

I'm sorry to see you go, Alceste. We haven't had much to do with each other, but I do admire your posts when I come across them. All the best for your busy work life. :)

I recommend Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.

Alceste

Vagabond
I'm sorry to see you go, Alceste. We haven't had much to do with each other, but I do admire your posts when I come across them. All the best for your busy work life. :)

I recommend Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.
That is an excellent book, tragically I've already read it. :(

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Drop by for drinks sometime on my island paradise, Alceste. :) We could probably have a hilarious conversation about Americans.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
And I so looked forward to having a conversation about Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell with someone. I will miss your posts. Good luck with your life outside RF!

Alceste

Vagabond
And I so looked forward to having a conversation about Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell with someone. I will miss your posts. Good luck with your life outside RF!

Oh my God, I totally forgot I was reading that! That's the trouble with ebook readers. I used to just have the whole pile of books I was reading at any given time sitting beside the bed. Something for whatever mood I happened to be in. They didn't get shelved or returned to the library until I read them. Then ebook readers... I find it much harder to keep track. I moved, something else caught my eye, I cracked the screen of my Nook and I ended up leaving poor Jonathan hanging...

Thanks for reminding me! That's a great book.