• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i'll be gone

ayani

hey y'all :

i want to say that i love / have loved this community very much. you are incredible sweethearts, and i am pleased to have met you, and talked on the phone with of a couple of you. this is a great community, and will always be important to me.

but my off-line social skills are really not that great. i am increasingly anxious, upset, frustrated, and alienated. i sound fine when i type or write, but speaking and interacting with others naturally in person is getting to be a struggle. so i'm taking some time off of the internet for a while. i'll check e-mail, but that's about it.

i really need to get my personality back and learn re-how to deal with myself and others off-line. i'm also starting some meds back up again, that should help. i love my friends here, but i do not want to become someone who only feels secure with people via a screen and a keyboard. so, if you want to talk, call me!

i'm on facebook as grace ayani tilton, and my cell number's up there, too. Allah bless and sustain you guys, and guide you on the right path.

take it easy, friends : ayani

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
You've got to do what's right for you gracie.
I'm sorry you're feeling alienated, so this is probably the best thing you can do to fix that.

I wish you well in all that you do, and hope you regain you're social skills quickly (i'm sure you will). :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Hi Gracie,

I hope your break from online encounters brings you some peace of mind. Sometimes it takes lots of practice being around other people in person to feel comfortable and at ease with yourself. It gets easier as you gain experience, trust me.

If you need meds to help with your anxiety, by all means take advantage of their availability and don't feel one dot of guilt about taking them either.

Try to relax, take some peaceful walks alone or with friends and enjoy your days. We'll be here when you return. :hug:

lunamoth

Will to love
Well, Buttercup said it for me, so I'll just add my hugs. :hug:

I'm good online and in person, but I HATE talking on the phone. However, if you are ever in the Denver area please do contact me here and let me know. I feel like we are kindred spirits and I'd love to meet you some day.

Love,
Laurie

ayani

squish, guys. i will miss you! but please, do give me a buzz if you want to talk. stay well you guys, take care.

standing_alone

I'm going to miss seeing you around, but it is most important that you do what is best for you. I wish you the best in your life! :hug:

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Take care, hope everything goes well for you. Wish you all the best in everything you do *hug*

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
hey y'all :

i want to say that i love / have loved this community very much. you are incredible sweethearts, and i am pleased to have met you, and talked on the phone with of a couple of you. this is a great community, and will always be important to me.

but my off-line social skills are really not that great. i am increasingly anxious, upset, frustrated, and alienated. i sound fine when i type or write, but speaking and interacting with others naturally in person is getting to be a struggle. so i'm taking some time off of the internet for a while. i'll check e-mail, but that's about it.

i really need to get my personality back and learn re-how to deal with myself and others off-line. i'm also starting some meds back up again, that should help. i love my friends here, but i do not want to become someone who only feels secure with people via a screen and a keyboard. so, if you want to talk, call me!

i'm on facebook as grace ayani tilton, and my cell number's up there, too. Allah bless and sustain you guys, and guide you on the right path.

take it easy, friends : ayani

Sorry to see a fellow Hoosier go....

So it is another leaves.... sorry to see so many go. I do wish you the best.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Good luck Gracie! I can understand where you're coming from; the internet can be a great supplement to our social-lives, but we can get into trouble if we let it become a substitute.

Still, it's nice to have a choice of worlds to choose from. For me, sometimes RF stands for "Reality Fix", other times it stands for "Retreat From...". :p

You'll be missed Gracie, here's hoping you find everything you need in the funnest possible ways. :)