• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IGRC: If God Really Cared:

Spartan

IGRC
Being omniscient, before he even made A&E god knew they would fail his Apple Test, which would give him an excuse to saddle mankind with Original Sin.

Why? God isn't nice

Tsk tsk. You should study the Bible more.

"If the garden is a sanctified, holy area, one would think that God would have the sovereign power and desire to keep it that way. Unless, of course, there was a divine purpose involved for Satan to be there. And what would that purpose be? To tempt Adam into the fall so that man would come into the knowledge of good and evil, overcome it through the power Of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and be raised complete in the image and likeness of God. Man cannot be an overcomer until he has something to overcome, like sin and Satan. In my mind, Satan is the “smoking gun” who served the greater purpose of God in the Garden of Eden.

One other observation: Whereas Genesis 1:26 states that God was to create man in His own image and likeness, Genesis 1:27 shows that man was only created in God’s “image.” It wasn’t until Genesis 3:22 when Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that he became “like” God.

To Summarize:

1. Man was to be created in the likeness and image of God (Genesis 1:26).

2. Part of this “likeness” was a knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:22)

3. For Adam to be truly “like” God, he had to acquire a knowledge of good and evil.

4. The means to that end was eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

5. To do that a “tempter” was likely needed to entice Adam into sin.

6. God provided, or allowed, Satan as the tempter.

7. God knew in advance what the outcome would be, but allowed it anyway.

8. God knew atonement would be required, and provided Jesus Christ as the “Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth” (Revelation 13:8).

9. Man achieves the likeness of God, acquires a knowledge of and overcomes evil, partakes of Christ, and is reunited in paradise with God. Man is now an overcomer with a keen knowledge of good and evil.

The key to all this remains, “Is acquiring a knowledge of good and evil a prerequisite to coming into the likeness and image of God? If the answer is yes, I think Adam has to eat from that tree, and God has to make it happen. If the answer is no, then I think you have to look back to Genesis 3:22 and reconcile that with Genesis 1:26, explaining how Adam is “like” God, but at the same time lacks a knowledge of good and evil? Also, how does man acquire that knowledge without eating of the fruit of that tree?"

Satan in the Garden of Eden

Bird123

IGRC
Being omniscient, before he even made A&E god knew they would fail his Apple Test, which would give him an excuse to saddle mankind with Original Sin.

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make Original Sin the genesis of numerous exceedingly important, but difficult, rules of behavior

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make sure no one would ever be capable of following all these rules?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make the consequences of failing to follow these rules so incredibly dire: an eternity in Hell?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why did he make this punishment so disproportionate to the the nature of the failure?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he wait so long to offer his Get-Out-Of Hell Card: Jesus?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why didn't he make sure everyone on Earth was apprised of this Card?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why didn't he make sure his Card was properly presented so no one would ever question its authenticity?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why did he bother with it all in the first place?

Why? God was bored,

So much is said about God that simply is not true.

As I see it, you don't know God at all. On the other hand, you have mankind's view of God very well. You are right. It is not nice.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Tsk tsk. You should study the Bible more.

"If the garden is a sanctified, holy area, one would think that God would have the sovereign power and desire to keep it that way. Unless, of course, there was a divine purpose involved for Satan to be there. And what would that purpose be? To tempt Adam into the fall so that man would come into the knowledge of good and evil, overcome it through the power Of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and be raised complete in the image and likeness of God. Man cannot be an overcomer until he has something to overcome, like sin and Satan. In my mind, Satan is the “smoking gun” who served the greater purpose of God in the Garden of Eden.

So what? As I said, before he even made A&E god knew they would fail his Apple Test, plus, he would have known the role Satan would play. So our comment doesn't change a thing. It all gave god an excuse to saddle mankind with Original Sin
And as I asked: Why? Because god isn't nice.

One other observation: Whereas Genesis 1:26 states that God was to create man in His own image and likeness, Genesis 1:27 shows that man was only created in God’s “image.” It wasn’t until Genesis 3:22 when Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that he became “like” God.
To Summarize:

1. Man was to be created in the likeness and image of God (Genesis 1:26).

2. Part of this “likeness” was a knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:22)

3. For Adam to be truly “like” God, he had to acquire a knowledge of good and evil.
Only to fulfill god's plan to invest A&E with original sin.

Nice guy, this god of yours. Create a being who, along with all his descendants, would have a life of suffering, plus a good chance of suffering for all eternity. If I was a pre-birth entity conscious of what was about to happen I'd plead that my mother have a miscarriage, and leave my fetal body in the trash can.
The key to all this remains, “Is acquiring a knowledge of good and evil a prerequisite to coming into the likeness and image of God? If the answer is yes, I think Adam has to eat from that tree, and God has to make it happen. If the answer is no, then I think you have to look back to Genesis 3:22 and reconcile that with Genesis 1:26, explaining how Adam is “like” God, but at the same time lacks a knowledge of good and evil? Also, how does man acquire that knowledge without eating of the fruit of that tree?"
For god nothing is necessary other than what he deems necessary, And he just happened to deem coming into the likeness of himself as necessary, knowing full well what dire consequences he would also attach to it and befall his new Earthly creatures.

As I say, Nice guy, this god of yours. :rolleyes:

Skwim

Veteran Member
So much is said about God that simply is not true.

As I see it, you don't know God at all. On the other hand, you have mankind's view of God very well. You are right. It is not nice.
So, go ahead and give us a reasonable explanation of why god did what he did for each of the points I raised.

I await.

Spartan

So what? As I said, before he even made A&E god knew they would fail his Apple Test, plus, he would have known the role Satan would play. So our comment doesn't change a thing. It all gave god an excuse to saddle mankind with Original Sin
And as I asked: Why? Because god isn't nice.

Nuts. Unless Adam and Eve eat from that tree they won't even know what evil is. God opened their eyes. And then he saved them. God is great!

Spartan

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

This is another one of your abortions.

God created man with free will to do good or evil. Man chooses what he wants to do.

The alternative is for God to create PRE-PROGRAMMED ROBOTS with no free will who could only do good. Which means you wouldn't be able to post these Biblically-challenged hit pieces.

You're busted.

Spartan

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

Here's yet another one of your Biblically-challenged abortions.

Men are justified RIGHTEOUS by faith in God in both the Old and New Testaments.

Genesis 15:6 - "Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness."

Then there's John 3:16 and Ephesians 2:8-9 etc., in the New Testament that say the same thing.

Piece of cake.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Nuts. Unless Adam and Eve eat from that tree they won't even know what evil is. God opened their eyes. And then he saved them. God is great!
And why did god decide it was necessary to know what evil is? After all, he could have decided it wasn't necessary at all. And this is a knowledge he knew would bring suffering into the world, which is another consequence he could have decided not to impose.

Think about it, god isn't nice.

God created man with free will to do good or evil. Man chooses what he wants to do.
The alternative is for God to create PRE-PROGRAMMED ROBOTS with no free will who could only do good.
There is no such thing as free will.

Which means you wouldn't be able to post these Biblically-challenged hit pieces.
If I was caused to, just as I now am. ;)

You're busted.
Your hubris is amusing. Thank you for the smile.

Last edited:

Spartan

And why did god decide it was necessary to know what evil is? After all, he could have decided it wasn't necessary. And this is a knowledge he knew would bring suffering into the world, which is another consequence he could have decided not to impose.

Think about it, god isn't nice.

There is no such thing as free will.

If I was caused to, just as I now am. ;)

Your hubris is amusing. Thank you for the smile.

Like I said, if God didn't make a knowledge of good and evil available to mankind, you wouldn't be able to post these Biblically-challenged hit pieces.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Like I said, if God didn't make a knowledge of good and evil available to mankind, you wouldn't be able to post these Biblically-challenged hit pieces.
Repeat it all you like, but it still doesn't make any sense. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

IGRC

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make Original Sin the genesis of numerous exceedingly important, but difficult, rules of behavior

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make the consequences of failing to follow these rules so incredibly dire: an eternity in Hell?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why did he make this punishment so disproportionate to the the nature of the failure?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why didn't he make sure his Card was properly presented so no one would ever question its authenticity?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC

Why? God was bored,

The real question is why you believe all those Christian doctrines? o_O

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
The real question is why you believe all those Christian doctrines? o_O
In English class did you ever deconstruct a piece of fiction? Well, that's what I typically do with Christian concepts and and claims. And the thing is, neither require that I believe them to do so.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In English class did you ever deconstruct a piece of fiction? Well, that's what I typically do with Christian concepts and and claims. And the thing is, neither require that I believe them to do so..
Oh, I get it now. I'm glad you do not really believe all of those Christian doctrines.
Original sin is a doctrine based upon a particular interpretation of Genesis.
All religions do not interpret Genesis the way Christians do.
There IS truth in the Bible but it is nearly impossible to parse it all out....
It's ALL about interpretation.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I disagree with that, I think it is possible to be sorry and still think it was right thing to do.
And you think it's true in this case:

Genesis 6:5-6
"And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart."
I don't think that having done something that grieves one in their heart would also have been the right thing to do.

Here are two other versions of the same verse.

ASV
And it repented Jehovah that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

AMP
The Lord regretted that He had made mankind on the earth, and He was [deeply] grieved in His heart.
So, I don't believe there's any question that god thought it was a mistake that he had made man.

Bird123

So, go ahead and give us a reasonable explanation of why god did what he did for each of the points I raised.

I await.

These issues you brought up are based on mankind's Beliefs. They are not true. How can I explain why God did something God didn't do?

I will address why God created all of us. It's not about being bored. The answer is so simple. God knows what every parent knows. Kids make life Grand!!

Diamond

How wonderful would God be with the likes of Adolph Hitler, Stalin, Ted Bundy, and Pol Pot, etc., walking around heaven causing mayhem?
well yall Christians say God sees a sin as a sin, one no worse then the other so therefore you will bust hell wide open probably before Hilter,Stalin,Ted Bundy and Pol Pott, and etc. do according to yall Christians,like I've said before I sure am glad I no longer think like a Christian.

Diamond

IGRC

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC

Why? God was bored,

I agree total agree with what you've said thats why I think and say the bible is just a bunch of words someone probably was a king,ruler of a kind with a good imagination and scare tactic to control the minds and actions of the people . the book just makes no sense