• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IGRC: If God Really Cared:

Skwim

Veteran Member
If the situation would be for example this: my brother committed a crime and I know it and I know he would deserve punishment. I could testify against him, which would be right, but I would also be sorry.
That would be sorry for what you did to your brother, but not sorry for doing the right thing. These are two different things.

1) What you did to your brother
2) Doing the right thing

You can't combine the two and pretend they're the same. In any case, as I pointed out in post 37, there are other translations of Genesis 6:5-6 where it doesn't say god is "sorry," but says he "repented" and "regretted."

ASV
And it repented Jehovah that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

AMP
The Lord regretted that He had made mankind on the earth, and He was [deeply] grieved in His heart.

God repented, regretted, and was sorry for what he did = he made mistakes, which is why in post 15 I said,

" . . . according to the Bible God himself has made mistakes, so right there is evidence his judgment isn't always right."

Diamond

Bible tells those who are in hell are destroyed. I don’t think beings that are destroyed feel anything.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28
the bible says, right?all about scripture can you think on your own, or is that asking to much,oops yep it is asking to much from a bible reader sorry bout that.

Diamond

Some sins are worse than others. If you had ever read Matthew chapter 10 then that should be apparent.

Statement incoherent. Perhaps you can revise?

It seems highly questionable to me you were ever born-again with the Holy Spirit to begin with. If you had been you would have known it was real, because not only is it a significant spiritual event, but it changes peoples lives.
yep,I believed all that at one time,truth is I've been born more than twice or more so whats your point.

Bird123

Why would a God who had all desires perfectly met before creation create anything at all? Why would God want something to make His life grand if it was already perfectly good?

Is your life perfectly good? Why do you create?

Kiddies are not created for God. It's not a selfish act. Kiddies are created for kiddies. This physical universe exists for only one reason. It's time-based causal nature is perfect for learning.

Everyone tells you what you should do for God and yet for God it is all about us.

God's greatest moment is when that light bulb goes off over someone's head and they Understand. This can be about any subject. This has nothing to do with religion.

Jos

Is your life perfectly good? Why do you create?
Whether my life is perfectly good or not is irrelevant to the question since the question is about God not me.
Kiddies are not created for God. It's not a selfish act. Kiddies are created for kiddies. This physical universe exists for only one reason. It's time-based causal nature is perfect for learning.

Everyone tells you what you should do for God and yet for God it is all about us.

God's greatest moment is when that light bulb goes off over someone's head and they Understand. This can be about any subject. This has nothing to do with religion.
How'd you come to this knowledge of God? How'd you find out what God's intentions were/are? I ask because there are faiths/religions that teach that God created humans for Himself and not for us.

That would be sorry for what you did to your brother, but not sorry for doing the right thing. These are two different things.

I would be sorry that my right work would be not nice for him.

You can't combine the two and pretend they're the same. In any case, as I pointed out in post 37, there are other translations of Genesis 6:5-6 where it doesn't say god is "sorry," but says he "repented" and "regretted."

The original word that is translated “repented” can be translated “to be sorry”. I think the “to be sorry” is correct in this case.

Skwim

Veteran Member
The original word that is translated “repented” can be translated “to be sorry”. I think the “to be sorry” is correct in this case.

FYI, of the 52 translations of Gen. 6:6 I checked "sorry" turns up in less than half. So obviously there are a lot of scholars who disagree that it's the best translation.

In 1 Samuel 15:11 "Sorry" turns up in only 21% of the translations. 79% of the scholars felt it's the wrong translation.

In Jonah 3:10 "sorry" doesn't show up in any of them. None of the scholars felt it would be correct.

Last edited:

Diamond

Bible tells those who are in hell are destroyed. I don’t think beings that are destroyed feel anything.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28
glad you aren't getting paid to think!!!

Hawkins

Why would a God who had all desires perfectly met before creation create anything at all? Why would God want something to make His life grand if it was already perfectly good?

If you don't know then just ask humbly, someone may answer.

Hawkins

Why isn't God considered to be a robot since He can only do good and not evil?

Why don't you just jump off a cliff and die because you can? You don't do so because it's matter of choosing what you deem proper. It's not about capability.

Skwim

Veteran Member
In terms of capability then yes. But in terms of His ability to choose not, then He won't.
But isn't it interesting that he does choose to do evil.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Bird123

Whether my life is perfectly good or not is irrelevant to the question since the question is about God not me.

How'd you come to this knowledge of God? How'd you find out what God's intentions were/are? I ask because there are faiths/religions that teach that God created humans for Himself and not for us.

You can find out about anyone by watching their actions. In this time-based causal universe God's actions can be seen. When you start to understand the what and why, you come to understand more about God. This opens doors which leads to more doors that can be opened. There is much to Discover. This journey never really ends.

Unlike religions, everything about God will add up completely. This is the base at which you can not compromise. It isn't about what feels right. It's about the Math.