• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IGRC: If God Really Cared:

Diamond

That God creates, or forms evil is not same as do evil actions. God doesn’t do evil works, but He has created all and so also evil is by His creation. I think it is not bad that God gave this opportunity also for evil. In my opinion it shows His great love that He has given this for good and evil. Unfortunate thing is that some love more evil than good and do all kind of bad things.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45
OK according to your bible thy shalt not kill,but its ok for God to kill? oh boy you Christians........

Diamond

Tsk tsk. You should study the Bible more.

"If the garden is a sanctified, holy area, one would think that God would have the sovereign power and desire to keep it that way. Unless, of course, there was a divine purpose involved for Satan to be there. And what would that purpose be? To tempt Adam into the fall so that man would come into the knowledge of good and evil, overcome it through the power Of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and be raised complete in the image and likeness of God. Man cannot be an overcomer until he has something to overcome, like sin and Satan. In my mind, Satan is the “smoking gun” who served the greater purpose of God in the Garden of Eden.

One other observation: Whereas Genesis 1:26 states that God was to create man in His own image and likeness, Genesis 1:27 shows that man was only created in God’s “image.” It wasn’t until Genesis 3:22 when Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that he became “like” God.

To Summarize:

1. Man was to be created in the likeness and image of God (Genesis 1:26).

2. Part of this “likeness” was a knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:22)

3. For Adam to be truly “like” God, he had to acquire a knowledge of good and evil.

4. The means to that end was eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

5. To do that a “tempter” was likely needed to entice Adam into sin.

6. God provided, or allowed, Satan as the tempter.

7. God knew in advance what the outcome would be, but allowed it anyway.

8. God knew atonement would be required, and provided Jesus Christ as the “Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth” (Revelation 13:8).

9. Man achieves the likeness of God, acquires a knowledge of and overcomes evil, partakes of Christ, and is reunited in paradise with God. Man is now an overcomer with a keen knowledge of good and evil.

The key to all this remains, “Is acquiring a knowledge of good and evil a prerequisite to coming into the likeness and image of God? If the answer is yes, I think Adam has to eat from that tree, and God has to make it happen. If the answer is no, then I think you have to look back to Genesis 3:22 and reconcile that with Genesis 1:26, explaining how Adam is “like” God, but at the same time lacks a knowledge of good and evil? Also, how does man acquire that knowledge without eating of the fruit of that tree?"

Satan in the Garden of Eden
studying the bible is why Christians are messed up

Diamond

If Luke Skywalker can kiss his sister in Empire Strikes Back and not be breaking any rules because at the time he didn't know it was his sister... well, it's plausible God can care and we just don't understand how.

Yours truly,

Luke Skywalker

Sorry. I didn't know how to respond seriously to the post. Can you point me out who said God was nice and why?
you don't want to respond cause you know he's telling the truth and it's not man's theory its what "The Bible" tells us in it's stories.

Diamond

Hell is a place that ends evil, because evil people are destroyed there. That is why I think it is not evil. Evil would be to allow evil people to live forever.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28
Ok so torturing people eternally is not evil? gashing of teeth and etc. whatever those scriptures say and how hell is describe .....to me a just and loving God wouldn't do that I don't care what the other person did.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
you don't want to respond cause you know he's telling the truth and it's not man's theory its what "The Bible" tells us in it's stories.

I might agree with the message. It being in the Debate forum though, and kind of not being a set in stone argument, and me still being a little foggy in thought at the time having just woke up, I did question the points. What I was questioning is whether the other side actually viewed God as "nice". I hope Skwim understands that him and I aren't on unfriendly terms, not by any means... if this was real life, I'd probably go have a soda with him like I would almost anyone.

Skwim

Veteran Member
These issues you brought up are based on mankind's Beliefs.
Nope. They're based on observation.

They are not true.
You mean it isn't true that god waited thousands of years before he offered his Get-Out-Of Hell Card: Jesus?

You mean it isn't true that he didn't make sure everyone on Earth was apprised of this Card?

How can I explain why God did something God didn't do?
Might explain why he did what he did. See my OP.

I will address why God created all of us. It's not about being bored. The answer is so simple. God knows what every parent knows. Kids make life Grand!!
Some kids make some parents life grand. Others not so much at all.

AA-Survey-children-e1473165265770.jpg
images

woman-in-sweats-smoking-and-drinking.jpg
delinquent.jpg

Spartan

well yall Christians say God sees a sin as a sin, one no worse then the other..."

Some sins are worse than others. If you had ever read Matthew chapter 10 then that should be apparent.

so therefore you will bust hell wide open probably before Hilter,Stalin,Ted Bundy and Pol Pott, and etc. do according to yall Christians...

Statement incoherent. Perhaps you can revise?

...like I've said before I sure am glad I no longer think like a Christian.

It seems highly questionable to me you were ever born-again with the Holy Spirit to begin with. If you had been you would have known it was real, because not only is it a significant spiritual event, but it changes peoples lives.

Bird123

Nope. They're based on observation.

You mean it isn't true that god waited thousands of years before he offered his Get-Out-Of Hell Card: Jesus?

You mean it isn't true that he didn't make sure everyone on Earth was apprised of this Card?

Might explain why he did what he did. See my OP.

Some kids make some parents life grand. Others not so much at all.

AA-Survey-children-e1473165265770.jpg
images

woman-in-sweats-smoking-and-drinking.jpg
delinquent.jpg

Are you really using observation and not Beliefs?

Adam and Eve is just a Story. It is not Reality.

Hell does not exist. The idea of Hell is an invention of mankind. Does it help you to believe with the threat of frying for eternity over your head?

For a Being able to create this world and the universe, this Being has to be very smart. Do these stories you speak of really reflect High Intelligence?????? Give me a break!

Jesus might be a Child of God but so are all of us. Jesus will not save you from the lessons you must learn in order to make the Best choices.

Until kiddies really learn, kiddies will have to muddle through the struggle to Discover the Real answers.
God's system has been working since before religion existed and will continue after religion becomes obsolete.

Kiddies are on the path to Intelligence. Learning is a process which sometimes serves bumps in the road. You picture children who have many problems on their struggle toward Intelligence. If you could step back and see the results after the lessons are learned and the positive changes the process brings, you could not help but see everyone is Special and Unique in their own way.

Children are Grand even though they do not always serve your purpose and desire in life to have it made. Life isn't about having it made. That is not the purpose of this world.

Time, Discovery, and Knowledge always changes the view. Observation?? Do you really SEE???

Ok so torturing people eternally is not evil?

Bible tells those who are in hell are destroyed. I don’t think beings that are destroyed feel anything.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28

OK according to your bible thy shalt not kill,but its ok for God to kill? oh boy you Christians........

Actually, it is murder that is forbidden, not killing. But I understand if you don’t want to be accurate and truthful.

So, I don't believe there's any question that god thought it was a mistake that he had made man.

I hope you understand that is your interpretation and idea, not what the Bible tells. If God would have thought it is really a mistake, He could have done differently.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

IGRC
Being omniscient, before he even made A&E god knew they would fail his Apple Test, which would give him an excuse to saddle mankind with Original Sin.

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make Original Sin the genesis of numerous exceedingly important, but difficult, rules of behavior

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make sure no one would ever be capable of following all these rules?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he make the consequences of failing to follow these rules so incredibly dire: an eternity in Hell?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why did he make this punishment so disproportionate to the the nature of the failure?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why did he wait so long to offer his Get-Out-Of Hell Card: Jesus?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC:
Why didn't he make sure everyone on Earth was apprised of this Card?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why didn't he make sure his Card was properly presented so no one would ever question its authenticity?

Why? God isn't nice.

IGRC
Why did he bother with it all in the first place?

Why? God was bored,

?
IGRC - Definition by AcronymFinder

Skwim

Veteran Member
I hope you understand that is your interpretation and idea, not what the Bible tells. If God would have thought it is really a mistake, He could have done differently.
One would think so wouldn't one. So if he didn't think they were a mistake why do you think he repented, regretted, and felt sorry having done them?

Do you repent the right things you do?

Do you regret the right things you do?

Do you feel sorry for the right things you do?

...Do you repent the right things you do?...

If the situation would be for example this: my brother committed a crime and I know it and I know he would deserve punishment. I could testify against him, which would be right, but I would also be sorry.

Jos

I will address why God created all of us. It's not about being bored. The answer is so simple. God knows what every parent knows. Kids make life Grand!!
Why would a God who had all desires perfectly met before creation create anything at all? Why would God want something to make His life grand if it was already perfectly good?