• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ignorance Doesn't Excuse Your Sin Sonny. Off to Hell You Go

Ben Avraham

it seems you count yourself as dead....so HaShem is not your god.

You got that one wrong! None considers the biological process of life more important than the Jew. The process is composed of birth, life and death. We have life itself so important that we consider the only unpardonable sin as the one against the Holy Spirit of God which will never be forgiven if we shorten our life through the act of suicide. We know that HaShem is God of the living, not of the dead. So, suicide cannot be condoned under no circumstances.

Ben Avraham

service is a given notion....this world and the next

There is no service or serving in the afterlife if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6. And the next world is the world of the grave, which is the eternal home of the dead if you read Psalm 49:12,20.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is no service or serving in the afterlife if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6. And the next world is the world of the grave, which is the eternal home of the dead if you read Psalm 49:12,20.
I believe in life after death....because....
7billion lives that end up in dust is illogical

and God is Spirit
and God is the God of the living

that would be spirit.....like Him

and it is written.....Let the dead bury the dead

Ben Avraham

I believe in life after death....because....7billion lives that end up in dust is illogical and God is Spirit and God is the God of the living that would be spirit.....like Him and it is written.....Let the dead bury the dead

You have all the right in the world to believe whatever you please. What's the use of 7 billion dead that can no longer praise the Lord? Besides, you are hyperbolizing your speculation because Mankind will never be catastrophically destroyed as long as there is a Minyan of ten Jews on the face of the earth.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You have all the right in the world to believe whatever you please. What's the use of 7 billion dead that can no longer praise the Lord? Besides, you are hyperbolizing your speculation because Mankind will never be catastrophically destroyed as long as there is a Minyan of ten Jews on the face of the earth.
6billion people will die within my years of breathing

all that spirit might survive the last breath
all that spirit needs to be sorted through to ensure the peace of heaven
not all enter

apparently your speech will leave you in your grave
your opportunity has been declined
by you

Ben Avraham

6billion people will die within my years of breathing all that spirit might survive the last breath all that spirit needs to be sorted through to ensure the peace of heaven not all enter
apparently your speech will leave you in your grave your opportunity has been declined by you

Don't worry about the 6 billion people who will die within your years of breathing. Many more, perhaps a double will be born within the same time of your breathing. Not only myself but we all + you and yours will all be left in our graves. I can prove you that and you cannot prove the opposite.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Don't worry about the 6 billion people who will die within your years of breathing. Many more, perhaps a double will be born within the same time of your breathing. Not only myself but we all + you and yours will all be left in our graves. I can prove you that and you cannot prove the opposite.
it's not about proving

it's your assumption that it is all for nothing
your belief leads to dust

my belief leads to a spiritual life

God is Spirit

Ben Avraham

it's not about proving it's your assumption that it is all for nothing
your belief leads to dust my belief leads to a spiritual life God is Spirit

Spiritual life is true only among the living. The dead have nothing to do with spirituality, if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6.
Besides, God has absolutely nothing to do with the dead and, to do good for rewards is not for humans but for dogs.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Spiritual life is true only among the living. The dead have nothing to do with spirituality, if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6.
Besides, God has absolutely nothing to do with the dead and, to do good for rewards is not for humans but for dogs.
God is God of the living.
God is spirit
the sons of God are spirit

Ben Avraham

God is God of the living. God is spirit the sons of God are spirit.

No Thief, the sons of God are in flesh and bones. I have to repeat what I say mostly because posters don't read the quotes another puts down. If you read Exodus 4:22,23 the Lord said: "Israel is My Son." The whole People of Israel aka the Jewish People are the Son of God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No Thief, the sons of God are in flesh and bones. I have to repeat what I say mostly because posters don't read the quotes another puts down. If you read Exodus 4:22,23 the Lord said: "Israel is My Son." The whole People of Israel aka the Jewish People are the Son of God.
and in your previous post.....doing good has reward for dogs
not humans

I think your priorities are backwards
leading you away from the obvious......

this life generates unique spirit on each occasion

your belief leads to a silent grave

and the Jews do not have a favored position
what?.....no Christians along side God?
what?...no Muslims allowed?

Moses lays in an unmarked grave?
you follow the dead into dust?

Ben Avraham

and in your previous post.....doing good has reward for dogs
not humans I think your priorities are backward leading you away from the obvious......this life generates unique spirit on each occasion your belief leads to a silent grave and the Jews do not have a favored position what?.....no Christians along side God? what?...no Muslims allowed? Moses lays in an unmarked grave? you follow the dead into dust?

See what I mean? You are not focussed when you read. I never said that "doing good has reward for dogs." Try to read again to see the enormous difference from the way you have reposted here. I said that to do good with an eye on rewards is not for humans but for dogs. Hence the need of treats to make dogs behave or do things funny for their owners. Now, if my beliefs lead to a silent grave, what did you expect, wild party in the grave? And you say that the Jews don't have a favored position. See what I mean? You are interesting in a favored position in the afterlife. Okay, next time I am gonna bring some treats to make the position more favoring. Alongside God! HaShem is not bounded by space. God is Spirit. (John 4:24) There is no such a thing as "alongside God." In the dust, nobody follows no one if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
See what I mean? You are not focussed when you read. I never said that "doing good has reward for dogs." Try to read again to see the enormous difference from the way you have reposted here. I said that to do good with an eye on rewards is not for humans but for dogs. Hence the need of treats to make dogs behave or do things funny for their owners. Now, if my beliefs lead to a silent grave, what did you expect, wild party in the grave? And you say that the Jews don't have a favored position. See what I mean? You are interesting in a favored position in the afterlife. Okay, next time I am gonna bring some treats to make the position more favoring. Alongside God! HaShem is not bounded by space. God is Spirit. (John 4:24) There is no such a thing as "alongside God." In the dust, nobody follows no one if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6.
I expect a transformation....
Do not conform to this world....be transformed by it

I do not expect to lose my 'self'
and having a sense of self I would be somewhere alongside God
similar to the notion that Jesus is at His right hand.....

and yes I am focused......
on living

Ben Avraham

I expect a transformation....Do not conform to this world....be transformed by it I do not expect to lose my 'self' and having a sense of self I would be somewhere alongside God
similar to the notion that Jesus is at His right hand.....and yes I am focused......on living

No one is alongside God. Spiritually yes, it is possible but not literally. Jesus is not at God's right hand. Jesus is in the grave. Now, that you are focused on living, that's great! So am I.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No one is alongside God. Spiritually yes, it is possible but not literally. Jesus is not at God's right hand. Jesus is in the grave. Now, that you are focused on living, that's great! So am I.
so the Carpenter is dead?.....is He really?

we shall see

now wait......you won't see

you'll be dead

Ben Avraham

so the Carpenter is dead?.....is He really? we shall see... now wait you won't see you'll be dead

But of course he is! He was born, wasn't he? Every one who is born or had a beginning, it is only obvious that he or she will have to die. I know I will be dead! And so was he and you will too.

Ben Avraham

I expect a transformation.... Do not conform to this world....be transformed by it I do not expect to lose my 'self' and having a sense of self I would be somewhere alongside God
similar to the notion that Jesus is at His right hand.....and yes I am focused......on living

Well, it is nice to dream. But better yet to be focused on living, for this is the only life we have to live.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But of course he is! He was born, wasn't he? Every one who is born or had a beginning, it is only obvious that he or she will have to die. I know I will be dead! And so was he and you will too.
but my spirit will continue

you seem....dead set.....about being dead

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, the Scriptures says that, with death, one goes back to the dust, not to hell-fire. (Ecclesiastes 12:7) Hell-fire is a Hellenistic doctrine that inspired the "Inferno of Dante" and was adopted by Christianity.

I believe scripture does say that what from dust comes goes back to dust but it also says the spirit returns to God and the spirit does not come from dust.

Hell is a concept that Jesus as God in the flesh espoused. Your view was never expressed by God and never will be.

I believe the scripture never says the body will be cremated (go through a fire) but people do that anyway.