• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If your religion...

CharmingOwl

Avant Garde.

In some ways it is already super Avant Garde.

P.S. this makes me laugh because some people who discover our movement think it is satire, an art project, or an alternate reality game.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What could be more sacred or more fulfilling than making direct, difficult questions and honestly pursuing the true, meaningful answers?

Maybe it is just me, but I see Dharma Combat as a variant of it.
My favorite Dharma Combat encounter of all time....

-Buddhist masters met in Cambridge, Massachusetts. One of them, Kalu Rinpoche, was a renowned Tibetan meditation master who had spent many years in solitary retreat in the remote mountain caves of Tibet. The other was Seung Sahn, a Korean Zen master who had recently come to the United States and was supporting himself by working in a Providence, Rhode Island, Laundromat, slowly planting the seeds of Zen in the minds of those coming to wash their clothes. At this now famous meeting of enlightened minds, Seung Sahn held up an orange and, in classic Zen dharma combat fashion, demanded, “What is this?”

Kalu Rinpoche just looked at him, wonderingly.

Again Master Seung Sahn asked, “What is this?”

Finally Rinpoche turned to his translator and asked, “Don’t they have oranges in Korea?”-

Dharma Combat: Roshi vs. Rinpoche

RestlessSoul

Nothing I can say that’s not been said…

32E5922A-1701-4C3B-A7F9-D7F67CDBCD49.jpeg

53206CAF-442A-4B72-ADD1-555CEE28EE69.jpeg

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
(or worldview)...was an art movement, which one would it be?
I suppose it would be the Art Movement of the 'Four Seasons' movement.
* Winter with its white blanket of crisp falling snow. At wood's edge the streaming sunlight through leafless branches.
* Spring to see moist ground on spring's mornings for the first flowers that have all the life in them to bloom.
* Summer full of beautiful sounds from the voices of birds and flowing waters. Creation's performing art.
* Fall with its tree's leaves turning colors like jewels in the sunlight, and we don't have to assist the sun's light.
Each day ends only to make room for the next day. Our future when seen as progressive and purposeful shows creation's beauty has many changing phases as each day's New Picture is being painted for us by the Greatest Artist.
To me the Greatest Artist is the Creator of nature's Art Movement also is the Author of the Holy Bible.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It would be one which the artist is never satisfied with his painting and keeps changing it, even after you buy it. The artist will literally go inside homes which he sold his paintings and paint over whatever he originally created.
(I have no idea what kind of art movement that would be called. Improvism?)
After all, if God is change, then the art can always be improved, right?

Improved, or that each day's creation has many shows to put on for us being painted for us with all the variations of the on-going imperceptibly changing day's light just as the Greatest Artist chooses til His coming perfect day is fully established - Proverbs 4:18

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Minimal beliefs?

Mhm. The less assumptions I make about the world, especially when it comes to things I'm ignorant on, the better. I would rather save my judgements of things I don't understand based on my own preconceived notions and instead allow myself to possibly glean useful information I didn't know before

I like to see each new day with new eyes and appreciate each moment for what it is in that moment