• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If your religion...

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
The Krishnas assume that art / aesthetics are the best way to God. They take great care to illustrate their books opulently, in the style of Western classical art, to interest a Western audience.

krsna art - Google Search

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
All of them, plus the ones that haven't been created yet. Especially the ones that haven't been created yet.

Druidry (well, the OBOD variety anyway) is very much about exploring widely, seeking inspiration freely, and the creative synthesis that results.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
More the ideas, rather than the art works themselves.
iconoclastic
interconnectedness/lack of boundaries
spontaneous
irreverent
subversive
humourous

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Because it's the art i like most, i consider Botticelli, da Vinci etc to be a masters.
You been to the Uffizi in Florence/Firenze? The main thing I remember was the Rembrandt self-portrait. As I stood in front of it, it was like he was actually there, looking straight inside of you. Incredible sensation.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You been to the Uffizi in Florence/Firenze? The main thing I remember was the Rembrandt self-portrait. As I stood in front of it, it was like he was actually there, looking straight inside of you. Incredible sensation.

Yes, queued for 3 hours in the blazing sun. It was worth it.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
(or worldview)

...was an art movement,

which one would it be?

It would be one which the artist is never satisfied with his painting and keeps changing it, even after you buy it. The artist will literally go inside homes which he sold his paintings and paint over whatever he originally created.

(I have no idea what kind of art movement that would be called. Improvism?)

After all, if God is change, then the art can always be improved, right?