• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you say you don't need God

Baroodi

It's funny how the blessings God decides to provide align so closely with medical science.

Take diabetes: before insulin was discovered, people would do all they could to treat diabetes, but almost all of the time, God would choose to withhold his blessings and let diabetics dies.

Then, almost overnight, as soon as insulin treatment started being used, God became much more charitable to diabetics.

Why do you think God changed his mind like this?

50% of patients doing dialysis are diabetic
Diabetes causes high blood pressure
Hypertension is killer No 1 world wide
Therapeutic insulin still is not an ideal control for blood sugar which swings between low and high with ongoing complications
My. natural dosing as dictated by God after meals is still not understandable to mankind.
Positivism and positivist believes only on scientific equations but cannot believe that God one day rescued Moses from Pharaoh by splitting the sea for him to cross with his people before merging it again upon Pharaoh and his slodiers

danieldemol

Premium Member
No but you can tell me what is contradictory to science in the Quran.
There is a well known list of things contrary to science in the Quran at the link below;
Scientific Errors in the Qur'an - WikiIslam

Part of the introduction to the page is as follows:
Some will contest these numerous errors in the Qur'an by appealing to metaphor, alternative meanings, or phenomenological interpretations of the text. Even supposing alternative explanations were possible in every case, the problem would remain that the Qur’an contains no obvious attempts to differentiate its understanding of the natural world and historical events from the common folklore and unscientific misconceptions of the people living in 7th century Arabia. An all-powerful, all-knowing, perfect communicator would have been able to foresee how such misleading statements would be understood by future generations and the doubts and confusions they would cause.

I hope you will give genuine consideration to the list, as truthfulness is a very important virtue.

Kind regards,
Dan :)

Remté

There is a well known list of things contrary to science in the Quran at the link below;
Scientific Errors in the Qur'an - WikiIslam

Part of the introduction to the page is as follows:
Some will contest these numerous errors in the Qur'an by appealing to metaphor, alternative meanings, or phenomenological interpretations of the text. Even supposing alternative explanations were possible in every case, the problem would remain that the Qur’an contains no obvious attempts to differentiate its understanding of the natural world and historical events from the common folklore and unscientific misconceptions of the people living in 7th century Arabia. An all-powerful, all-knowing, perfect communicator would have been able to foresee how such misleading statements would be understood by future generations and the doubts and confusions they would cause.

I hope you will give genuine consideration to the list, as truthfulness is a very important virtue.

Kind regards,
Dan :)
You don't take into account that the Quran was first written for illiterates over a thousand years ago. How do you suppose they would have understood the revelation if it had been scientifically detailed? No person had any clue of such things. They wouldnt have understood anything.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't take into account that the Quran was first written for illiterates over a thousand years ago. How do you suppose they would have understood the revelation if it had been scientifically detailed? No person had any clue of such things. They wouldnt have understood anything.

I see that statement has confirmed that a Scripture relevant for this day needs to be given by God.

It is also worth considering the first to accept the apex of knowledge are the illiterate. Then It may be worth considering that even the greatest of Muslim scholars has still not unraveled the intent of and knowledge contained within the Quran.

Regards Tony

Riders

I have something for you to think about and I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

It is from the commentary of the Quran translated into english by Yusuf Ali Abdullah and it goes like this:

"Your calling upon him in times of danger shows that in the depths of your hearts you feel his need."

Ive been calling upon the God of nature and my inner Godself in times of need and it works. Some people don't do that.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So you're agreeing that there are errors in the Quran and saying that this is the reason?