• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could change one thing about the past...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would convince myself to save myself the torments and run away, now and fast, from the church and transition much earlier.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't understand why people like school. I mean I liked some classes but not school itself. Really the only time I liked school was the beginning of my senior year before some drama took place. It was a nicer school but richer kids tend to be jerks.
I enjoyed college very much. But high school. It took watching about half an episode of 13 Reasons Why to remember why I hated high school so much, and wanted to tell all those lying *** high teachers and councilors that for many students those years will not be the greatest years of their lives but the absolute worst and most hellish they will ever know.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Which Church did you belong to?
Baptist, with a Southern literal-Bible-thumping pastor from either Alabama or Arkansas. Been awhile to remember exactly which one, but I do remembered being groomed and prime to become youth pastor when the pastor and his family (which included through marriage the youth pastor) moved back there.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I never made any big mistakes in my life that ended up badly hurting myself or others (at least as far as I know), but I've got a listing of smaller errors that would make a full-blown dictionary jealous.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yeah... I'm convinced that intoxicants open up the doors to Satan...I see nothing so evil that destroys so many lives and leads to so much rape, assaults, incarcerations, insanity, and murders... it's sad to see so many decent people become monsters under the influence!

I would have taken the over thousand my aunt gave me and the over thousand my bank gave me and spent it on seeing my sick father in Georgia rather than a new lap top and paying off my school.

Vee

Premium Member
If you could change one thing about the past, what would it be?

I would have stayed sober...intoxicants really lead to a lot of embarrassment, hurting others, damage to the brain, and broken bones and other serious injuries, which I'm still recovering from.

I would have been less afraid, taken more chances. I wasted opportunities just because I was scared and today I regret now knowing what would have happened if.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I enjoyed college very much. But high school. It took watching about half an episode of 13 Reasons Why to remember why I hated high school so much, and wanted to tell all those lying *** high teachers and councilors that for many students those years will not be the greatest years of their lives but the absolute worst and most hellish they will ever know.

I'm taking a couple of college classes online now and I like the flexibility of it. It's not at all like high school. I can't say the same for middle or elementary schools since I was homeschooled before I went to a public institution. College is basically grownup homeschool with firmly organized curriculums.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

I would have stayed sober...intoxicants really lead to a lot of embarrassment, hurting others, damage to the brain, and broken bones and other serious injuries, which I'm still recovering from.

I don't know that I would change anything. Don't get me wrong I do have plenty of regrets and have made plenty of mistakes. But all of this lead me to the person I am today, both the good and the bad. While maybe I could have been happier, I definitely could have screwed it up worse given another chance.

The best thing to do is own your mistakes. Accept them and learn from them.

Jumi

I don't understand why people like school. I mean I liked some classes but not school itself. Really the only time I liked school was the beginning of my senior year before some drama took place. It was a nicer school but richer kids tend to be jerks.
It probably depends what school you go to, who the students are and what kind of people work there.

Jumi

I'd rather change one thing about the future to make it more meaningful to live for everyone.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Fortunately, I was able to drop out of high school and drop into college (very special circumstances). Otherwise, I would have gone crazy.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
If I could change any one thing about my past, I would have had the bravery to be honest with myself much earlier instead of waiting to be safe to do so.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Fortunately, I was able to drop out of high school and drop into college (very special circumstances). Otherwise, I would have gone crazy.
I may have been able to do that, but elementary and high school (I was home schooled during middle school) with such very little self esteem that a million things could have been different in my life. But, it is what it is, and we still have a long ways to go in convincing people just how bad bullying really is, and that so very often it involves way more than just a child or two saying mean things to another child.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm taking a couple of college classes online now and I like the flexibility of it. It's not at all like high school. I can't say the same for middle or elementary schools since I was homeschooled before I went to a public institution. College is basically grownup homeschool with firmly organized curriculums.
I can kind of see that. The one big difference being I didn't take online courses, and while I didn't have the freedom to check in whatever time at least once a week, I certainly did not spend nearly as much time being on campus as I did in public school (except when I was doing my work study job, then I could on campus often 10-12 hours but a few times up to 16 :fearful:). But, one big similarity was being that people weren't there for their cliquish bull****, petty drama, or take their problems out on an already beaten down classmate. I may have been "Conservativised" in home school, but it was also the first time I really showed any academic potential, then I went to high school where it died off again.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I'd make Hillary president so we didn't have to hear the shrill, incessant, whining of members of the left anymore, but then again maybe I wouldn't- sometimes tough love is better in the long term.

DennisTate

If I could go back into the past.......
let's say 1983 for example... and if I could remember this time line.......
I think that I would go to Ecuador and find my third wife.... before she marries her first husband........