• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you believe in debating, you have faith in no God.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
God is love. Endless hostile debating about your God beliefs is the opposite of love. So all you God believers who believe in debating?

(edited to add the following)
In case it isn’t obvious to everyone, I meant for this to be a parody of these threads:
Faith in no God
If you believe in love, you believe in God

Nope, we don't do parody threads. All satire and parody is taken seriously only because ppl can't see your face or hear sarcasm in writing.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
God is love. Endless hostile debating about your God beliefs is the opposite of love. So all you God believers who believe in debating?

In case it isn’t obvious to everyone, I meant for this to be a parody of these threads:
Faith in no God

This makes sense, although I don't see any problem with debating, in and of itself. If it's "endless hostile debating," that's another matter. But debate doesn't always have to be hostile, and in fact, the better debates are when both parties can refrain from hostility and rancor.

But sometimes there are more important things to debate, issues which directly affect the well being of humanity. Such as whether to put the toilet paper over or under on the roller.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The debate is where each side has less than zero respect for the other's sincerity and ideas.

The debate is where people draw sequitur where the other would never, or leave it as unproved, or unevidenced.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I thought you were the one trying to reconcile all of us ninnies. :rolleyes:
That’s what people always think, but that is not what I’m trying to do, and never has been, if it means to stop people from disagreeing with each other. I’ve said so many times, but no one ever believes me.

I’m not even against people denouncing and ridiculing each other’s beliefs and practices.

Last edited:

MJ Bailey

Faith in no God
I like your post. I agree. If you believe that anger or aggression needs to a part of your discussion about the Almighty, there must be some sort of extremism within your beliefs. If people would take turns asking and answering questions about their beliefs, I would think maybe more would be learned possibly by all involved.

Reactions: Jim

Hawkins

Love is for His sheep, including those already inside the sheep pen. You don't need to always be nice to those trying to destruct the fence and lead astray the sheep.

MJ Bailey

Love is for His sheep, including those already inside the sheep pen. You don't need to always be nice to those trying to destruct the fence and lead astray the sheep.
I agree. The destructive sheep should be removed, but not necessarily slaughtered:)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This makes sense, although I don't see any problem with debating, in and of itself. If it's "endless hostile debating," that's another matter. But debate doesn't always have to be hostile, and in fact, the better debates are when both parties can refrain from hostility and rancor.

But sometimes there are more important things to debate, issues which directly affect the well being of humanity. Such as whether to put the toilet paper over or under on the roller.

The debate as to rip it off flush or leave a tab of paper would be better. Those that rip it flush do not consider those that go at night not finding the end of the paper.

Maybe it should be a bidet or no bidet debate. ;)

Regards Tony

Reactions: Jim

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Faith in no God
There is nothing wrong with a debate, if it is done with sincerity and to find the truth in a respective manner. Right, please?

Regards