• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you become God what would you do?

The Crimson Universe

Being a follower of Hinduism, the first thing I would do (as a personal God) is end the endless cycle of karma (cause and effect). No more suffering for lives after lives for one bad deed committed in ignorance.

I will also do some tweaking to Maya/illusion. I'll remove Maya's 'tamas' (darkness) aspect since It keeps us in ignorance and tempts us to commit abominable acts. In my opinion, the world will be a much better place without it.

What about you? What will you do? :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Feed the starving and end suffering. You know, the stuff gods can't be bothered doing.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Reminds me of a Chassidic story:

Rabbi Levi Yitzchak of Berditchev was once walking with his students, when he suddenly stopped, turned around to them and exclaimed: "Do you know what I would do if I was God?"
All the students leaned in curiously. "No, what?"
"Exactly what He's doing now. Why, you think I'm better than Him?"​

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Being a follower of Hinduism, the first thing I would do (as a personal God) is end the endless cycle of karma (cause and effect). No more suffering for lives after lives for one bad deed committed in ignorance.

I will also do some tweaking to Maya/illusion. I'll remove Maya's 'tamas' (darkness) aspect since It keeps us in ignorance and tempts us to commit abominable acts. In my opinion, the world will be a much better place without it.

What about you? What will you do? :)

Similar to what others posted, probably abdicate.

Omnipotent-nothing to strive for
Omniscient-nothing to learn
Omnipresent-No where to go

Sounds like a pretty boring existence.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I would finally grant the prayers of @Frank Goad to astrally project out of his body but I would not tell him how to get back into it until he could demonstrate the good purposes for which he had been using it and still needed it.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Make fantasy, and imagination become reality, and end all the meaninglessness, and atrocity.
Kinda like what Walt Disney would do; make new worlds, and new civilizations, new characters, and endless glories to live.

Anything but inactivity, and watching everybody to see how bad, or good they are. Let all the bad people live with each other. Let all the good enough people live gloriously apart from all that.
And let all the wonderful people be masters of their own lives.

Then sit back and see what happens.

The Crimson Universe

Similar to what others posted, probably abdicate.

Omnipotent-nothing to strive for
Omniscient-nothing to learn
Omnipresent-No where to go

Sounds like a pretty boring existence.

What you're saying makes sense but being a God isn't completely boring. I mean look at the bright side. You'll get to have an inflated ego from all the worshiping and offerings you'll recieve from puny mortal creatures. The current God demands worship, so why shouldn't you. ;)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Knowing what goes on in my imagination I'd rather it stay there, many times!

Well I wasn't specific about that! I was thinking of fantasies, and imaginations people would will to live. I wouldn't lift a finger otherwise.

I don't go against will. And I wouldn't lift a finger for rotten fantasies and imaginations.

As for people plagued with bad imagination, I'd have to let them iron that out for themselves.

I don't break will.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What you're saying makes sense but being a God isn't completely boring. I mean look at the bright side. You'll get to have an inflated ego from all the worshiping and offerings you'll recieve from puny mortal creatures. The current God demands worship, so why shouldn't you. ;)

In Hinduism every God is an incarnation of Braham?

I might do something like that. Show up on earth just to mess with people.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I would give @Revoltingest endless engineering creative problems to solve.

I would give @RabbiO a long, happy life with whomever he wished to share it.

I would give @SalixIncendium a managerial position he would actually really like and want, that makes him lots of money.

I would give @Harel13 a huge library, bigger than any library, full of all the books he could ever want to read and all the solitude he could ask for and company as wished.

I would give @Quagmire a super-tent with whatever he wanted in it.

I would give @Spiderman sobriety for life and a job and a wife.

And son on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you become God what would you do?
Ooooo....this requires some cogitating.....
- Make everyone smart, pretty, honorable, & libertarian.
- Encourage people to draw offensive cartoons of my
prophet, @Dan From Smithville.
- Remove errant plastic from the environment.
- Think of more changes.

Edit....
- A lifetime supply of dungarees for @Rival.
They'll be made of silk & linen.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Give everyone the first degrees of euphoria , beauty, ecstasy , delight , laughter, entertainment , amusement, pleasure, fun , and excitement.

Every day would be more entertaining than the day before, and nobody would be tempted to abuse children or animals or wrong anyone.