• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Yeshua Comes Back Fulfilling Messianic Prophecy, Will The Jews Accept Him

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So say Yeshua comes back as a person again, explaining to the Jews, etc, how the prophecies needed to be fulfilled...

Would the Jews then accept him as the Messiah; especially if he wanted to reform Israel, as a center of peace in the world, where all the religions were united, without the problems we see today? o_O

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Seeing as the main reason that the Jews never accepted Jesus was because he lacked many major and key factors for him to be the Messiah it would only make sense that they would accept a Messiah that met these qualifications. Though I would imagine people today are far more skeptical.

"If Yeshua Comes Back Fulfilling Messianic Prophecy, Will The Jews Accept Him"

Is that not a tautology?

If he returns and fulfils prophecy then he will have been accepted by the Jews. If he is not accepted he won't have fulfilled prophecy.

[Seeing as they didn't see him as the messiah last time though, not sure if he can come back again.]

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Israel -- the country -- probably would accept him as it has a number of secular people and Muslims, but the Torah keeping Jews in Israel probably wouldn't. It would be a politically divisive issue. For Torah keeping Jews miracles aren't grounds (in Torah) for accepting someone as a prophet. I could look up the passage about it but don't remember off the top of my head. Everything a prophet says has to be in line with Torah. So the question is actually whether Torah keeping Jews would accept him, and I would say you'd have to ask it in the dir to be sure but probably not. Its not fair to expect them to explain it in general debates. As for other people who aren't Torah keeping, most absolutely they would accept him on those grounds. Muslims and Christians probably would. If a man flies down from outer space, does miracles, solves world hunger and cleans the plastic out of the oceans just about anybody will accept him but not automatically Torah keeping Jews. In their case there would be special requirements they they would need to see met -- probably.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"If Yeshua Comes Back Fulfilling Messianic Prophecy, Will The Jews Accept Him"

Is that not a tautology?

If he returns and fulfils prophecy then he will have been accepted by the Jews. If he is not accepted he won't have fulfilled prophecy.

[Seeing as they didn't see him as the messiah last time though, not sure if he can come back again.]

Perhaps a Talmudic Catch-22?

rosends

So say Yeshua comes back as a person again, explaining to the Jews, etc, how the prophecies needed to be fulfilled...

Would the Jews then accept him as the Messiah; especially if he wanted to reform Israel, as a center of peace in the world, where all the religions were united, without the problems we see today? o_O
That query doesn't make sense to any Jew. The future messiah won't "come back" so starting with that dooms the rest of the hypothetical to failure.

The messiah to come will do things and not explain himself. The world will change and this will show who he is. You are positing that this will happen in the wrong order.

wizanda

Premium Member
So the question is actually whether Torah keeping Jews would accept him, and I would say you'd have to ask it in the dir to be sure but probably not.
No point posting in the Judaism dir, you can't ask questions which are open for debate, that would break the rules; this way it is out in the open, where everyone can contribute with scripture to back up points.
The prophecies are what they are; that is like saying the Rabbinic Jews dictate the meaning....When clearly prophecy dictates, they will be confounded with a book that is sealed, where they don't understand.

This is asking do they want a chance to understand....
That query doesn't make sense to any Jew. The future messiah won't "come back" so starting with that dooms the rest of the hypothetical to failure.
The Messiah is taken up in Daniel, + ... Therefore there is no reason he can't come back if God wills it.
The messiah to come will do things and not explain himself. The world will change and this will show who he is.
At this point if it is Yeshua, Rabbinic Jews (Pharisees) will be removed; so why asking this question, would you accept him before the great day of the Lord, where the whole reality will be changed, since you've got no other option? :innocent:

Flankerl

What a stupid thread to bring forth the usual Anti-Jewish sentiment the OP has continuously expressed.

Could be reversed to put the OP into the situation that everything he has believed in to be wrong. But that would be stupid as the entire premise is just there to troll people.

rosends

The Messiah is taken up in Daniel, + ... Therefore there is no reason he can't come back if God wills it.
You misunderstand Daniel, then. I can give you resources so you can learn about it if you would like. Other wise you will come to erroneous conclusions. And before you say that the conclusions are not erroneous, remember, you are asking how Jews would feel about something. To understand the answer, you should understand how Jews think and understand these same things.
At this point if it is Yeshua, Rabbinic Jews (Pharisees) will be removed; so why asking this question, would you accept him before the great day of the Lord, where the whole reality will be changed, since you've got no other option? :innocent:
Strange that this "Yeshua" (there should be a whole other thread on why that isn't the name you think it is...) would remove what he so clearly advocates. And if you say that I have no other option, why does it make any sense to ask?

wizanda

Premium Member
What a stupid thread to bring forth the usual Anti-Jewish sentiment the OP has continuously expressed.
Haven't got any anti-Jewish sentiments, considering my genealogy is Jewish....Just don't agree with Rabbinic Judaism, think it is bigoted, racist, and helps create some snarky haughty people, as the Tanakh stated would happen. :heartribbon:
Could be reversed to put the OP into the situation that everything he has believed in to be wrong.
Have no intentions to troll anyone, as evidence shows; just to prove the point, and to ask thought provoking questions.... So by all means debate me using scripture to validate your case.... o_O
You misunderstand Daniel, then. I can give you resources so you can learn about it if you would like.
Yes by all means, always willing to question any angle or understanding on a topic. :)
Strange that this "Yeshua" (there should be a whole other thread on why that isn't the name you think it is...)
Well start one, or answer it in this one, i don't mind.... Yehoshua is the Hebrew, Yeshua is Aramaic, and Joshua should be the English.
would remove what he so clearly advocates.
Saying, 'that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the, scribes and Pharisees, then you will not enter Heaven' or 'that the Pharisees have done away with the Tanakh, by their made up oral traditions of men', doesn't advocate anything...Unless you mean miss quoting Matthew 23 out of context, which would be typical. :confused:
And if you say that I have no other option, why does it make any sense to ask?
Seeing if there is any angle that hasn't been tried, to see if there is any chance to turn things around....So at least trying to provide an option, where there wasn't one previously. :innocent:

Flankerl

Haven't got any anti-Jewish sentiments, considering my genealogy is Jewish....Just don't agree with Rabbinic Judaism, think it is bigoted, racist, and helps create some snarky haughty people, as the Tanakh stated would happen. :heartribbon:

Yeah yeah you believe in true Judaism which you got figured out. Blah blah blah its nothing new and people like you aren't special.

Go get a hobby.

Have no intentions to troll anyone, as evidence shows; just to prove the point, and to ask thought provoking questions.... So by all means debate me using scripture to validate your case.... o_O

Again: If everything one believes in is wrong there is nothing one could use scripture on.
And of course you realise this. Its all just another one of your threads to have your fun with Jews.

Its totally unimportant if your "Yeshua" returns or Zeus steps down from Mount Olympus. Both cases make scripture unimportant due to their mere existence.

So really stop pretending.

Akivah

I don't understand why are you asking if Jews would accept some person as the future Messiah, when just a few posts later you are saying that we don't understand our own bible.

The prophecies are what they are; that is like saying the Rabbinic Jews dictate the meaning....When clearly prophecy dictates, they will be confounded with a book that is sealed, where they don't understand.

This is asking do they want a chance to understand....

Since you believe we are ignorant, why do you care what our beliefs are?

Last edited:

Tesla

I would not follow Jesus even if he came and knocked on my door to personally explain what the NT means.

wizanda

Premium Member
Yeah yeah you believe in true Judaism which you got figured out.
Nope didn't say that, hardly even studied it to be honest...Just aware of the prophecies, and how twisted some of the Rabbinic teachings are.
Go get a hobby.
Have lots of hobbies, which have had to be put on hold; since was asked to speak to the world about these issues. :)
Again: If everything one believes in is wrong there is nothing one could use scripture on.
You've not shown anything incorrect, other than me thinking Lviv was inside the Pale Settlement, when it was on the border. :rolleyes:
And of course you realise this. Its all just another one of your threads to have your fun with Jews.
Oh yeah, the fun ,the joy, you're so easy to work with; you make conversing with you such a breeze. :)
Its totally unimportant if your "Yeshua" returns or Zeus steps down from Mount Olympus. Both cases make scripture unimportant due to their mere existence.
So basically are you saying you don't care who the Messiah is or how prophecy is fulfilled? :confused:
So really stop pretending.
Don't need to pretend, it's truly an outreach attempt, to see if can bring you back into the fold.... Not my fault for not trying; you just seem to think everyone is against you. :oops:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Without papers or a valid passport? Unlikely.

Ciao

- viole

rosends

Yes by all means, always willing to question any angle or understanding on a topic. :)
First is to understand that Daniel wasn't a prophet according to Judaism. Then to learn that his statements regarding 70 years and such, start with http://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/13294/the-70-weeks-in-daniel-9 and what it references.
Well start one, or answer it in this one, i don't mind.... Yehoshua is the Hebrew, Yeshua is Aramaic, and Joshua should be the English.
There is no textual precedent for "Yeshua". There IS for "Yeyshua" (it occurs 9 times in Ezra and Nechemiah), but only in Hebrew, and as a nickname for Yehoshua. To choose the supposed Aramaic as the name by which to call someone (especially an incorrect pronunciation -- there is a tzere and not a segol under the yud) makes little sense.
I wasn't going to quote Matt 23 though I could because it has never been adequately explained. I was going to focus on Matt 5 and all the material lifted from the Oral law (and the Pharisees). But once you have decided that anything that is presented is "miss quoting" then it seems rather useless to point out how much was taken from Pharisaic sources. You might decide that Jesus innovated every single item and the rabbis copied him. Of course, then it would be Jesus who is making up an oral tradition, but you will turn around and say that he had the right to change things (which is how I have heard others defend the other textual and legal innovations he introduces).

Yeah, so basically, it isn't a useful discussion.

Flankerl

Nope didn't say that, hardly even studied it to be honest...Just aware of the prophecies, and how twisted some of the Rabbinic teachings are.

Ah so you haven't figured it out but at the same time have it figured out.
Good for you.

Have lots of hobbies, which have had to be put on hold; since was asked to speak to the world about these issues. :)

Go to the doctor the voices probably aren't real.

You've not shown anything incorrect, other than me thinking Lviv was inside the Pale Settlement, when it was on the border. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on not understanding what I wrote. Though I guess it would be inconvenient if you'd do.

Oh yeah, the fun ,the joy, you're so easy to work with; you make conversing with you such a breeze. :)

Must be hard when no one takes the bait.

So basically are you saying you don't care who the Messiah is or how prophecy is fulfilled? :confused:

It wouldn't matter what I believe.
If "Yeshua" comes, he is there. It would be a matter of fact.
If Zeus comes, he is there. It would be a matter of fact.
If Cthulu comes, he is there. It would be a matter of fact.

Beliefs held before are basically null and void.

Or do you want to discuss with Zeus that he actually can't be there? Well enjoy a thunderbolt up your butt.

Don't need to pretend, it's truly an outreach attempt, to see if can bring you back into the fold.... Not my fault for not trying; you just seem to think everyone is against you. :oops:

Your problem is that I got you figured out as your postings about Judaism are always the same. So really leave us alone.

wizanda

Premium Member
Why are you asking if Jews would accept some person as the future Messiah, when just a few posts later you are saying that we don't understand our own bible?
Because there are numerous prophecies spread out across time, justifying his fulfillment of prophecy...So when Jews clearly don't understand it, my question is if they understood it, would it make them accept him, knowing that it shows their God organized, and arranged the whole thing?

If it was already understood, why would i even need to ask the question. ;)
Since you believe we are ignorant, why do you care what our beliefs are?
Where did i say that? Think Jews are highly intelligent, cautiously skeptical, and a very determined people..... It is just that you've been led to misunderstand the context of the prophecies, due to misinformation; thus to make a decision based on false information, leads to error...So questioning if you were informed, would you take that opportunity or not? :innocent:

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

Well if they don't, I'm sure god will have no problem exterminating them along with everyone else who disagrees with his worldview.