• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if we lose religions data

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I was thinking about whether we had childrens and then left them in a place where they could learn everything except religion or faith

From what we know of anthropology, odds are that they would eventually develop animistic or paganist beliefs on their own. Full-blown theism (not necessarily monotheism) would probably come at some point.

No one will find faith in Jesus
They will not imagine that there is a god who came to earth to sacrifice himself

Some might. After all, the idea began somehow in this world, why would it not arise in this hypothetical world of yours?

Likewise, other religions such as Hinduism or some of the Buddhist sects that believe in the incarnation of Deity or even Baha'i

I am not sure that such Buddhist sects actually exist. None come to mind.

They will never believe in any deity on earth because they will think they are a human element but it is mathematically or educationally superior

Again, I doubt it. Theism occurs naturally. But it would not have to be quite as influential as it is here.

Also, and this is probably relevant, it is doubtful that spontaneous theism would include "creator of existence" as one of the roles of its gods.

Historically, Ibrahim's God is one of the very few that have such a role.

But they can easy think about that there is a great Creator outside the field in which they live

This is what I want to deliver
What if a world war occurred or we moved to live on another planet and lost all the information related to the scriptures

Then other creeds would develop on their own, as they always do.

All beliefs will disappear, and only faith in the existence of hi Creator, the Risen One, which is the ancient God that Jews and Muslims believe in, will remain.

Actually, I expect that one to become extinct. It is a particularly vulnerable belief, which is probably a main reason why it is so fond of proselitism.

Faith in Jesus or any faith in human existence on Earth will not survive

I am not sure of what you mean by faith in human existence on Earth. We know for a fact that humans exist on Earth, after all.

Only the belief in the existence of a great supreme creator over the heavens

Unless it fails to develop on its own, which is a very real possibility. Creator Gods are not very significant for religious practice, after all.

Children's who grow up without religions will have a questions of where they came from and will not be atheists

Quite the opposite really. Religions will develop on their own, I have no doubt. But they will generally be far less prone to theism, and particularly less prone to monotheism, most of all of the Creator God variety, than Christianity and Islaam have shown themselves to be.

Atheistic religion is all but unavoidable, and generally speaking a very good thing.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I visualize that children of the Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism (as they are only recent phenomenon) won't belong to these ideologies/no-ideologies. Right, please?
Human beings as ,I understand, had always been most of them, if not all, as there is no compulsion, believers in Oneness-of-God and only a few confused of them were non-believers.Right, please?

Regards
That is unlikely in the extreme. I fear that you are very mistaken about how recent monotheism and atheism are.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have seen the word "worship" mentioned in this thread.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any data on whether there is a common understanding of what worship is, how it can be recognized or understood, or how common it would be?

I am honestly not sure.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There was a study and documentary (can't remember the name now) that showed people still living in the jungles/forest that have never been exposed to any "formal" religion to be believing and worshiping in a 1 single god as monotheists not polytheists. Also, logically speaking (if god does exist) it makes the most sense to have 1 single "supreme being" instead of multiple because when you have more than 1 "god" you really do not have a god.
That is only logical for you because you have defined god by monotheistic expectations.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any data on whether there is a common understanding of what worship is, how it can be recognized or understood, or how common it would be?

I am honestly not sure.

There are studies, but when you say data i have a different perception towards that word. Anyway, you are right, this word is too malleable to be precise.

I know that you will find this a religious statement, but as per the Quran, even money is a form of divinity or ilah. So even that is a form of worship to use the english word.

MikeDwight

Its the most harmful proposition possible to know. So you as some sort of philosopher, would want to see how humanity works in a schema as we work together to flesh out the theory, a belief. Did Christ's Greek Epic format knock you over with heavyhanded maxims, is the philosopher literally your problem? You'll do a hundred years of philosophy, get people mad at you, told you're broken, get pointed at Nitzche am I right, and you've got a philosophical foothold with what people have written about for 2000 years, these religions. Doesn't British Literature's "Lord of the Flies" deal with this exact situation? That was more that the innate British boy can be lost to a decapitated pighead fly-Lord, rather than, the removal of all Religion and some conclusion about it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There are studies, but when you say data i have a different perception towards that word. Anyway, you are right, this word is too malleable to be precise.

I know that you will find this a religious statement, but as per the Quran, even money is a form of divinity or ilah. So even that is a form of worship to use the english word.
Actually, I do not find that to be a religious statement.

But I find it positive that you acknowledge that worship is a malleable word.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I think we need to differentiate between religion and spirituality. I think there will always be an inherent spiritual dimension to the human race that will demand some sort of cognizance. Religion? Not so much, except as an ordered communal vehicle for that spirituality.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
is there a logical and rational reason to believe in more than 1 god? I am not a theist but, just wondering.
There is no logical reason to believe in any number of deities. However many or few, how stable or variable and how internally consistent any given person's deities are is an entirely arbitrary matter.

It just happens that some creeds decided (rather arbitrarily, mind you) to impose certain specific limitations on their adherent's presumed beliefs regarding deities.

I don't think that can work at all well, but apparently many people disagree.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I am honestly not sure.

It needs a thorough research. Please open a new thread for it so that everybody could participate in the discussion.
I will give my input in it also.

Regards

firedragon

Veteran Member
So you didn't look at any of the 3 million plus papers on child development that are on google scholar. Its ok, i understand

But can i ask for a link or citation to your scholarly or academic papers that lead you to make that claim

What claim did I make?

Reactions: j1i

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What claim did I make?

You claimed i had made an "assumption" (your word in post #16), you had not investigated any of my statements, you simply fired of a denial of fact in ignorance..... Unless of course you can provide evidence for your claim.

firedragon

Veteran Member
You claimed i had made an "assumption" (your word in post #16), you had not investigated any of my statements, you simply fired of a denial of fact in ignorance..... Unless of course you can provide evidence for your claim.

When you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you sis. Thats how it works. I know all you said is pure assumption because i very well know there has never been any study done that could prove your theory. None.

It is your responsibility to provide the research. Not just conjecture.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you sis. Thats how it works. I know all you said is pure assumption because i very well know there has never been any study done that could prove your theory. None.

It is your responsibility to provide the research. Not just conjecture.

I provided a link to over 3 million relevant scientific papers including studies that you ignored. So provide evidence of your claim.

Heyo

Veteran Member
is there a logical and rational reason to believe in more than 1 god? I am not a theist but, just wondering.
At least it is more logical to believe in many gods than to believe in only one. Once you believe in one god story without (or little) evidence, there is no reason not to believe in a different god story that has the same amount of evidence.

Earthtank

At least it is more logical to believe in many gods than to believe in only one.

I disagree because if God is supposed to be the All powerful, all knowing and so forth then, having more than 1 God will contradicts that since at that point you no longer have 1 All powerful but, multiple. And if you know anything about Norse and Greek Mythology, that never works out therefore. More than 1 God contradicts its very definition.

Definition of God according to the Merriam Webster dictionary.

capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: such as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe