• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if we lose religions data

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I was thinking about whether we had childrens and then left them in a place where they could learn everything except religion or faith

No one will find faith in Jesus
They will not imagine that there is a god who came to earth to sacrifice himself
Likewise, other religions such as Hinduism or some of the Buddhist sects that believe in the incarnation of Deity or even Baha'i

They will never believe in any deity on earth because they will think they are a human element but it is mathematically or educationally superior

But they can easy think about that there is a great Creator outside the field in which they live

This is what I want to deliver
What if a world war occurred or we moved to live on another planet and lost all the information related to the scriptures

All beliefs will disappear, and only faith in the existence of hi Creator, the Risen One, which is the ancient God that Jews and Muslims believe in, will remain.

Faith in Jesus or any faith in human existence on Earth will not survive

Only the belief in the existence of a great supreme creator over the heavens

Children's who grow up without religions will have a questions of where they came from and will not be atheists

Children's who grow up without religions will have a questions of where they came from and will not be atheists

I visualize that children of the Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism (as they are only recent phenomenon) won't belong to these ideologies/no-ideologies. Right, please?
Human beings as ,I understand, had always been most of them, if not all, as there is no compulsion, believers in Oneness-of-God and only a few confused of them were non-believers.Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It may change religion, but if what the Baha'is say is true about there being manifestations, well, God could always manifest himself again among people.
Friend @KAT-KAT !

Incorrect, please.
Even Bahaullah never claimed to be a "Manifestation of God" - the term the Bahaism people are given to understand wrongly that it is an alternative of Messengers/Prophets of G-d, while it is not so. Bahaullah did not claim to be Messenger/Prophet of G-d in Iqan. If yes, then kindly quote from original Iqan Farsi with translation in English, please. Right, please?
Bahaullah didn't do it for obvious reasons.Right, please?

Regards

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Assumption.

So you didn't look at any of the 3 million plus papers on child development that are on google scholar. Its ok, i understand

But can i ask for a link or citation to your scholarly or academic papers that lead you to make that claim

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Bahaullah did not claim to be Messenger/Prophet of G-d in Iqan.

Historical accounts claim he did think he was a prophet and the one foretold by the Bab, though. I'm having trouble finding such a claim in his writings, but I think his writings reflect that. And if he wasn't a prophet and just an ordinary man, why did the Bab have to tell about him and prophecy?

Tumah

Veteran Member
There was a study and documentary (can't remember the name now) that showed people still living in the jungles/forest that have never been exposed to any "formal" religion to be believing and worshiping in a 1 single god as monotheists not polytheists. Also, logically speaking (if god does exist) it makes the most sense to have 1 single "supreme being" instead of multiple because when you have more than 1 "god" you really do not have a god.
I find that difficult to believe knowing what we know about historical civilizations. I'm not adverse to believing it, but it would at least take a link to a valid study for me to get to that point.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I find that difficult to believe knowing what we know about historical civilizations. I'm not adverse to believing it, but it would at least take a link to a valid study for me to get to that point.
I once read a book that I only recently gave away that went into a bit more detail about this; not a great deal, but enough to make its point. The book was about the history of deity/ies and the author wrote that (if I had it I could quote sources but unfortunately...) most polytheistic tribal societies on the African continent spoke about what is usually termed a Sky Father, this being defined as a head god or, more importantly to the book's point, the original deity. The tribesfolk had eventually turned to worshipping other gods saying that the Sky Father had 'gone away'. IOW what they were trying to say is that because the Sky Father god was so big and so all-mighty they didn't know how to reach him. They found him too distant, because he could not be visualised or conceptualised in any way.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I once read a book that I only recently gave away that went into a bit more detail about this; not a great deal, but enough to make its point. The book was about the history of deity/ies and the author wrote that (if I had it I could quote sources but unfortunately...) most polytheistic tribal societies on the African continent spoke about what is usually termed a Sky Father, this being defined as a head god or, more importantly to the book's point, the original deity. The tribesfolk had eventually turned to worshipping other gods saying that the Sky Father had 'gone away'. IOW what they were trying to say is that because the Sky Father god was so big and so all-mighty they didn't know how to reach him. They found him too distant, because he could not be visualised or conceptualised in any way.
That's interesting, especially considering Maimonide's explanation on the subject. But can it also be shown to apply to other polytheistic cultures?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
That's interesting, especially considering Maimonide's explanation on the subject. But can it also be shown to apply to other polytheistic cultures?
I don't know, but it would be worth trying to find out.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?

When belief in gods and supreme beings and great spirits were first thought up starting probably with Neanderthal, it was because there was no science. No way to know anything about everything I'm nature they delt with on a daily basis so they made up stories to explain things and events they had no way of understanding the reality of.

We know so much more now about how stuff actually works, stories are not necessary for most of the natural/physical experience.

So if all the stories were lost and all of humanity was given amnesia, children would most definitely not believe in Gods in this day and age.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I visualize that children of the Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism (as they are only recent phenomenon) won't belong to these ideologies/no-ideologies. Right, please?
Human beings as ,I understand, had always been most of them, if not all, as there is no compulsion, believers in Oneness-of-God and only a few confused of them were non-believers.Right, please?

Regards
Wrong. Monotheism is only a recent phenomenon and it is limited to the western and south-west Asian world. Even Judaism started polytheistic. Most religions in the world are polytheistic. Polytheism was the standard around the world just a few hundred years ago. The only reason that the monotheistic religions prevail at the time is, that monotheism seems to lead to aggressive conquering and proselytising.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I was thinking about whether we had childrens and then left them in a place where they could learn everything except religion or faith

They will not imagine that there is a god who came to earth to sacrifice himself
Likewise, other religions such as Hinduism or some of the Buddhist sects that believe in the incarnation of Deity or even Baha'i

They will never believe in any deity on earth because they will think they are a human element but it is mathematically or educationally superior

But they can easy think about that there is a great Creator outside the field in which they live

What if a world war occurred or we moved to live on another planet and lost all the information related to the scriptures

All beliefs will disappear, and only faith in the existence of hi Creator, the Risen One, which is the ancient God that Jews and Muslims believe in, will remain.

So many 'what if's'. So many assumptions.

Why should the belief of the Jews and Muslims remain and that of Jesus Christ disappear?

You make no sense.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
While no religion will re-emerge the same as it was, every scientific knowledge will eventually be regained if it ever gets lost.
There is no guarantee, nor does it seem likely, that scientific knowledge will ever be regained under such circumstances. History shows the same knowledge discovered repeatedly and forgotten. Technology is considered by upper classes to be a threat and is suppressed. It also tends to be thought of as magic, dangerous magic that is best left forgotten.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It's an observation.

Do you disagree with it?
Do you disagree that the vast majority of religious people, follow the religion of the family they were born in?

Let's say some dude is born in a muslim family in afghanistan.
What will most likely end up being his religion, in your opinion?

Would you consider it reasonable if I say that he'll most likely become a jehova's witness or a mormon?

Of course I agree that almost all human beings follow the creed of their parents. Even their political parties.

But unless we put a lone child in isolation without any influence and watch what they come up with we cant make an assessment that they will be atheists or theists. They might put up a foot ruler and worship it. You never know.

So I just dont like assumptions.

Peace.

Heyo

Veteran Member
History shows the same knowledge discovered repeatedly and forgotten.
That is exactly my argument. Knowledge, real knowledge, is based on objective reality. That reality is orderly and knowable. Thus it can be regained through observation.There may be periods of science adversity but over a long enough time, if humans still exist, knowledge will be regained.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Of course I agree that almost all human beings follow the creed of their parents. Even their political parties.

But unless we put a lone child in isolation without any influence and watch what they come up with we cant make an assessment that they will be atheists or theists. They might put up a foot ruler and worship it. You never know.

So I just dont like assumptions.

Peace.
I don't think anyone said that such a person might not invent its own religious beliefs.
I think the claim was that such a person wouldn't independently come up with any of the existing religions.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
That is exactly my argument. Knowledge, real knowledge, is based on objective reality. That reality is orderly and knowable. Thus it can be regained through observation.There may be periods of science adversity but over a long enough time, if humans still exist, knowledge will be regained.
There will be a lot of unnecessary suffering. How about we don't destroy the world?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Historical accounts claim he did think he was a prophet and the one foretold by the Bab, though. I'm having trouble finding such a claim in his writings, but I think his writings reflect that. And if he wasn't a prophet and just an ordinary man, why did the Bab have to tell about him and prophecy?
The crux of the matter whether one is a Messenger/Prophet of G-d is:
  1. If one has not been chosen by G-d, then there is no message with Him from G-d and one is not a Messenger of G-d for simply this strong reason, it is just one's illusion.
  2. One should Claim to be a Messenger of G-d in clear, straightforward and unequivocal manner.
  3. One should have a clear, without doubt and unequivocal manner a Converse with/from G-d.
Didn't Bahaullah lack all the above three points in him, please? If no, then please quote from Iqan one of the core books of him, please. Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member

Maybe they will worship a rock or a tree. We really dont know. In history humans have always worshiped something. But there were atheists too. Maybe we have a tendency natural born to worship something.

But until research is done, all of what we assume are assumptions.