• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If this pandemic/pestilece is a sign of the end..next sign is in the heavens

dad

Undefeated
They've been saying this for centuries. I'm surprised people still believe it. I mean you can have belief in anything that comforts a person (or scare) but reality?

Why can't we accept it is what it is?

Nothing needs to be tramatic. It's nature and we are a part of it.
You claim you know what it is? Some claim it was a weaponized virus. Others claim it was not. You think you know? In any case, how would you know if God allowed it? Calling things that God sends in the bible natural is just admitting you can't see past nature.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I prefer to have God somewhere in the picture. Whether as the One we turn to for deliverance from evil things, or even possibly as the One who told us in advance that such things would come one day.

It still boggles me how people still think about god's pandemics, judgement days, and things like that. Maybe if there is extreme good it needs to be balanced with extreme bad. Then maybe it's because people think we have inherited sin and we all deserve to die. I'm not sure. Sounds barbaric to me.

dad

Undefeated
It still boggles me how people still think about god's pandemics, judgement days, and things like that. Maybe if there is extreme good it needs to be balanced with extreme bad. Then maybe it's because people think we have inherited sin and we all deserve to die. I'm not sure. Sounds barbaric to me.
Any Father looking out for His kids would correct them. God is known to have judged nations, it is not possible to wave it away.
The issue here is whether this current terrible event was either allowed by God or sent by Him.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Any Father looking out for His kids would correct them. God is known to have judged nations, it is not possible to wave it away.
The issue here is whether this current terrible event was either allowed by God or sent by Him.

That's my point. It's interesting way to think of life, though. I tend to be more optimistic about human nature and people's chance to make mistakes and learn from them without being eternally judged. That view promotes low-self esteem and makes one dependent on their god rather than the desire to be with him. There is no reason to judge people unless you all feel so deprived that you're meant to be judged?

dad

Undefeated
That's my point. It's interesting way to think of life, though. I tend to be more optimistic about human nature and people's chance to make mistakes and learn from them without being eternally judged.

Fortunately, we are not judged for deeds as far as salvation goes. All are under sin and guilty. We are all to be judged, and the only way to escape it is Jesus. We all make mistakes. The only choice that matters for salvation is choosing Jesus.

That view promotes low-self esteem and makes one dependent on their god rather than the desire to be with him.
Because He first loved us we want to be with Him and now can be.

There is no reason to judge people unless you all feel so deprived that you're meant to be judged?
God is the judge. He has judged nations and the world in the past. There is a limit to how wicked God will allow man (who have rejected Him) to become.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Fortunately, we are not judged for deeds as far as salvation goes. All are under sin and guilty. We are all to be judged, and the only way to escape it is Jesus. We all make mistakes. The only choice that matters for salvation is choosing Jesus.

No we're not. We're not under sin and guilty. That's illustrates my point. We don't need to be deprived in order to be blessed. Mistakes don't define us as sinners just blessed people growing. We're not aiming for perfection but acceptance in the process of life and death and all in between. Jesus only figures in to those who want/depend and find benefit in believing in him. The world in and of itself is not dependent on christ.

Because He first loved us we want to be with Him and now can be.

He loves believers.

God is the judge. He has judged nations and the world in the past. There is a limit to how wicked God will allow man (who have rejected Him) to become.

There is no judge. I honestly don't know how you see any positive and learning example from that belief of "those who reject".

Love just doesn't give a "accept or reject" scenario; that's coercion.

dad

Undefeated
No we're not. We're not under sin and guilty.

I should believe you over Scripture, because...?

That's illustrates my point. We don't need to be deprived in order to be blessed. Mistakes don't define us as sinners just blessed people growing. We're not aiming for perfection but acceptance in the process of life and death and all in between.
I am looking to live forever actually, not to feel comfortable with death!

Jesus only figures in to those who want/depend and find benefit in believing in him. The world in and of itself is not dependent on christ.
That's what you think.

There is no judge
We should believe you over Scripture, because...?
. I honestly don't know how you see any positive and learning example from that belief of "those who reject".
I would hope I would learn more from those who do not reject.
Love just doesn't give a "accept or reject" scenario; that's coercion.
When Salvation is offered it must be accepted. If we are drowning and someone tosses us a lifesaver, it does no good unless we grab it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

If this virus/pestilence is a sign, the next thing we might expect is great signs in the heaven.

Not comets or asteroids or supermoons probably. But great signs that absolutely stun people and probably have never been seen before.

I hate to burst your bubble, but all that's already been seen before. And yet again and yet again and yet again.....

MNoBody

Not sure I woulld consider this a sign of the end in the heavens. Maybe if it smashed into the white house or something.....
who knows, shades of Hale-bop egads
but projections say we go through its tail plume around december
so, we shall see, as with all these types of auguries and portent type topics

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I should believe you over Scripture, because...?

I believe scripture over me because....

(I never said you had to believe me)

I am looking to live forever actually, not to feel comfortable with death!

Hey. That's life. Hopes. Dreams. Maybes. Faith. Aren't facts. The best we can do is accept what we have are hopes, dreams, maybes, and faith and they "don't need" to be facts in order to have value.

That's what you think.

Yes?

We should believe you over Scripture, because...?

I should believe scripture over me, because?

I would hope I would learn more from those who do not reject.

What about learning from those who have rejected?

The world is field with what christians call rejecters. That, and christians can't agree among themselves, calling each other names as well. How can anyone learn from these examples?

When Salvation is offered it must be accepted. If we are drowning and someone tosses us a lifesaver, it does no good unless we grab it.

No one is drowning. That's the point.

dad

Undefeated
You know, the usual stuff that was mentioned. Earthquakes, pestilence, and famine.

I'd be more impressed if that stuff didn't happen.
I see. True. One reason I just mentioned that if this extra big sized pestilence was one of these signs of the end, the next thing we might expect to see is great signs in heaven.

The last days started after Jesus rose. So there have been wars and etc since then. What I would keep an eye on is the frequency and intensity.

dad

Undefeated
who knows, shades of Hale-bop egads
but projections say we go through its tail plume around december
so, we shall see, as with all these types of auguries and portent type topics
Whatever the great signs in the heavens will be, I am confident people will not need to strain at nats in the sky to see them.

dad

Undefeated
I believe scripture over me because....

(I never said you had to believe me)

Hey. That's life. Hopes. Dreams. Maybes. Faith. Aren't facts. The best we can do is accept what we have are hopes, dreams, maybes, and faith and they "don't need" to be facts in order to have value.

Yes?

I should believe scripture over me, because?

What about learning from those who have rejected?

The world is field with what christians call rejecters. That, and christians can't agree among themselves, calling each other names as well. How can anyone learn from these examples?

No one is drowning. That's the point.

Scripture says all have sinned. Don't insult and belittle the ultimate price God payed to redeem us.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Scripture says all have sinned. Don't insult and belittle the ultimate price God payed to redeem us.

I didn't. You're taking what I'm saying personally. We have not sinned. We are all blessed, for good pair of words. We don't need redemption because we're not drowning. If drowning helps you find value in life, who is to say your view has no meaning. Life doesn't revolve around our beliefs. It is what it is.