• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If this pandemic/pestilece is a sign of the end..next sign is in the heavens

dad

Undefeated
Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

If this virus/pestilence is a sign, the next thing we might expect is great signs in the heaven.

Not comets or asteroids or supermoons probably. But great signs that absolutely stun people and probably have never been seen before.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

If this virus/pestilence is a sign, the next thing we might expect is great signs in the heaven.

Not comets or asteroids or supermoons probably. But great signs that absolutely stun people and probably have never been seen before.
Gypsy Rose Chemist predicts there will be no such signs in the heavens. :D

HonestJoe

If. It's worth noting that none of the things described before or after the sub-verse you're focusing on can be said to be happening and pestilences is plural.

It's also worth noting that the verse say signs from heaven rather than in the heavens (though who knows what the "correct" translation should be), which is a good example of how easily such poetic predictions can be spun and manipulated to fit pretty much anything the reader wants them to.

But maybe you're one of the false prophets mentioned earlier in the chapter. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

We've seen viruses before. The end of the Earth has been predicted so many times it boggles my mind people Still believe such a thing.

Hildeburh

Such a Christian thing to say.

If your God created everything then it's just bad luck for humans that viruses infect us and cause death. Or is it your God's will or is he punishing you or is it a sign.........blah blah blah.

We are part of the natural world; susceptible to bacterial and viral infection, subject to animal prey (including human animals); that is the natural cycle of this planet we live on.

Terry Sampson

IMO, anybody who didn't see CV-19 coming when it did, precisely in the way that it did, has no business (or credibility) talking about something happening in outer space.

Good-Ole-Rebel

It is an interesting thought.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

It's sure hard to compete against evidence as reliable as a quote from Luke.

Be sure to get back to us when you see something.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Don't forget that He comes as a thief, quietly, unseen, unnoticed except by the few.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I don't think the situation is dire enough yet to warrant an end of the world scenario.

However if something like that happens, I suspect it is going to hit us in a manner that no one is expecting.

dad

Undefeated
Gypsy Rose Chemist predicts there will be no such signs in the heavens. :D
I don't know, of course what the big signs will be. I have guessed that it could be something like the ring of SN1987a in which I seem to almost see a human head. I imagine if it formed into a clear picture of the AC almost like a cosmic plasma TV screen in deep space, that would make people worship the guy. Ha. But that was just a wild guess, not really based on anything, except it would be astounding and unexpected or predicted or explainable by science.
serveimage

serveimage

But on a more serious vein, some signs mentioned in the bible are a great stone falling to earth and poising oceans. A third of the stars going dark. The sun and moon standing still. Satan falling to earth, and his angels. The moon turning red in color.

I doubt it would be something that would be usual, or minor or boring and able to be ignored by most people as a supermoon or something.

Oh, and I forgot a BIG one possibly! If the Rapture is soon and He is coming in the sky, maybe that would have some effects on the heavens even if the wicked world left behind doesn't see us of Him up there!!

dad

Undefeated
We've seen viruses before. The end of the Earth has been predicted so many times it boggles my mind people Still believe such a thing.
Never seen anything like this worldwide in my life. Yes, there was plagues and pandemics in history. The frequency and severity do seem to be growing.

dad

Undefeated
The end must come one day. It boggles the mind how people living in that time will ignore the plagues and prophesies and mark of the beast, and signs in the sky, and waters being turned to poison etc etc.

dad

Undefeated
It's sure hard to compete against evidence as reliable as a quote from Luke.

Be sure to get back to us when you see something.
Some people, in the end, will not think they are seeing anything when a hundred-pound hailstone flattens their condo.

dad

Undefeated
Don't forget that He comes as a thief, quietly, unseen, unnoticed except by the few.
Right. He may not be seen when He comes for His people, but who knows if the weather or sky would be affected somehow? (He will be seen when He comes to land on earth and take over, of course)

dad

Undefeated
I don't think the situation is dire enough yet to warrant an end of the world scenario.
You should realize that the end of the world will be a process taking a good seven years for the final bit, and that has been going on for thousands of years also. It is not a one-time event, but more like a mini-series!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Never seen anything like this worldwide in my life. Yes, there was plagues and pandemics in history. The frequency and severity do seem to be growing.

It's a virus not anything outside nature would "create". Its new to humans but not in itself

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The end must come one day. It boggles the mind how people living in that time will ignore the plagues and prophesies and mark of the beast, and signs in the sky, and waters being turned to poison etc etc.

They've been saying this for centuries. I'm surprised people still believe it. I mean you can have belief in anything that comforts a person (or scare) but reality?

Why can't we accept it is what it is?

Nothing needs to be tramatic. It's nature and we are a part of it.

dad

Undefeated
It's a virus not anything outside nature would "create". Its new to humans but not in itself
I prefer to have God somewhere in the picture. Whether as the One we turn to for deliverance from evil things, or even possibly as the One who told us in advance that such things would come one day.

Shad

Veteran Member

The next sign for me was turn right.