• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there was universe before big bang

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The definition of God includes his eternal existence, so if there is a God he was not created.

In order for anything to exist something must be eternal.

And the definition of Mikkel_the_Dane is that he is greater than God and triumph God because the definition says so.
Words are not magical, not even religious words.

Believe all you like. I accept that, but stop using words as a means to win these debates. My words are better than yours by definition. I win. ;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A

The definition of God includes his eternal existence, so if there is a God he was not created.

In order for anything to exist something must be eternal.
The definition of Cosmos includes its eternal existence, so if it exist it was not created.

Ooh, I like that logic!

KW

There is no standard definition of god, or more precisely there are as many definitions as there are god believers

So it's ok for your god to be eternal but not for anything else. So... Where did god exist before there was anything to exist in?

Something must be eternal in order for anything to exist.

I call it God.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I think we can know that.

Under what circumstances can nothing become something?

We don't know, because we can't observe it. You are doing philosophical rationalism in your mind. Your thinking won't decide that one way or another.

KW

Except they don't hold up because they are thinking in a mind, unless he is God.

I believe they do hold up but that wasn't the point I was making.

My point was that the traditional definition of God includes his eternal existence. The personal qualities assigned to God are in addition to these other qualities.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Something must be eternal in order for anything to exist.

I call it God.

Call it whatever you want.

However that is not necessarily true. There are hypothesis that nothing existed before the bb.

And thats the thing, pre bb everything is just a guess.

Some guesses are based on extrapolation from known physical phenomena some on mathematics and there are some guesses based on wishful thinking

KW

It doesn't matter because it is not the fact. It is thoughts in a brain. Read some basic philosophy and learn how rationalism doesn't work in this case.

It doesn't work for you because you can't get the conclusion you want from rational thought.