• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there was universe before big bang

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What if our universe was not the first one, but just one of many universes that has existed?

How would it affect your religious beliefs?

Would a string of universes be yet an other reason for people to not believe in a God or gods?

NArdas

We don't know what happened, we just know what is right now in front of our faces and nuclear annihilation seems a bigger possible reality every day, enjoy your death.

"You monkeys screwed everything up" - Andras.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We don't know what happened, we just know what is right now in front of our faces and nuclear annihilation seems a bigger possible reality every day, enjoy your death.

"You monkeys screwed everything up" - Andras.
Personally I am not afraid of death, to me it is just a form of transision in to something new :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
What if our universe was not the first one, but just one of many universes that has existed?

Would a string of universes be yet an other reason for people to not believe in a God or gods?

I believe there likely are other universes... so no, it would affect my beliefs none.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

The Baha'i Faith teaches that creation had no beginning, so there's no effect. That would seem unusual I know as this religion developed in an Islamic background. As a person interested in cosmology, it seems quite likely from that point of view. Also quite possible that many universes exist right now.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Baha'i Faith teaches that creation had no beginning, so there's no effect. That would seem unusual I know as this religion developed in an Islamic background. As a person interested in cosmology, it seems quite likely from that point of view. Also quite possible that many universes exist right now.
Very similar to my oen understanding of how things are :)

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I have seen death, but I have no direct answer to what happens when I die, so my words about it comes from my faith and belief:)
There are near-death experiences, but just try to convince someone who doesn't believe in life after death on that basis! I've tried that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I believe in an endless succession of universes. From the Vedic perspective, the age of Brahma's life is much longer than the age of the universe, much much much longer. as in 311 TRILLION years.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Like the other thread my answer to that last question would be 'I don't know.' I imagine it depends on what one means by gods. A lot of universes, including ours, that are the result of natural albeit high physics interactions might mean a god didn't create the universe. But not all beliefs have universe creating gods in the first place.

NArdas

I haven't, but that has no effect on my belief. My faith teaches that the soul is not something you would be able to see.

Talk to numerous end of life professionals and see what they say, death is a living to them
Hospice care is a Blessing! thank you for all your work!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Have you ever watched a soul leave it's body? Healthcare workers and end of care workers seem to see it daily.
Yes I saw my father's soul leave his body at the moment of physical death.

It was like a White floating mist that went from his body.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I suppose it would depend on how it could be determined that our universe was not the first one. How would we know, and if we did have certainty of knowledge, how much actual insight into whether it was caused by a sentient creator would it give us?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I suppose it would depend on how it could be determined that our universe was not the first one. How would we know, and if we did have certainty of knowledge, how much actual insight into whether it was caused by a sentient creator would it give us?
I do not have a good answer to that :)

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

That is basically one Kabbalistic view of the universe. Cyclical universes. This is the seventh
iteration, hence the significance of seven. Maybe the eighth one will get it right.