• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Science were a woman, would it be smart one?

questfortruth

What in the toxic misogyny is this OP?
DISCLAIMER:
I love members of LGBTq, Me to, Feminism, Black Lives Matter. Please do not see in the thread any of wrong-hood.

This makes no sense. None. It is Agenticity at its finest; a conscious, intentional attempt to attribute human qualities to a non-human object. It's utter dribble. Sorry to be harsh, but I struggle to find a gentler way to express myself.

science doesn't hold a certain thing to be true because its "logical" or "sounds right".

Science is "knowledge"; it has no emotion;

The quote, which most likely belongs to Armand de Richelieu:
"Give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest
person, and I will find in them something to hang him for.''
Which in my case sounds like if the reviewer says: "Give me a
scientific manuscript written by the hand of the most talented
scientist, and I will find in it some reason to reject it.''
This injustice is wishful thinking. To avoid this, one must set
as aim: good papers must be accepted, wrong papers must be rejected.
And never vice versa!

I've never understood the point of "sending [his] son to die for us". What exactly was God trying to achieve, and why did anyone, let alone God's own son, have to die to achieve it?

1. God is not a sinner, so it was not a suicide mission. They murdered Godman. There are verses in the Bible, which tell, that God has not wanted for Jesus to die. Otherwise, the Judas would not go to hell for the sin of Betrayal.
2. conventional medicine like Prozak, Rispolept, Goloperidon has no effect on Atheism, Evolutionism, and the "Big Bang giving life" idea.
To cure these states of mind the drinking of the Holy Innocent Blood of Godman and Eating His Holy Body is absolutely necessary.

There was no other way for human beings to be saved, only a perfect sacrifice was good enough, Jesus Christ.

Science is supposed to be all about the facts. If that were the case, it would make for a boring woman. The reason females are interesting is partly due to them not thinking in a linear fashion. Yes, it's sometimes frustrating and irritating, but it does keep things interesting.

But science is ultimately wrong most of the time, so yeah, it could be female.

No other way for humans to be saved? Hypothetically, isn't it God's choice to do whatever He wants with humans? If He wants to save humans, then He can save them.

Even setting aside the question of whether God even exists at all, how can any human being speak with reliable authority on what God actually wants?

"I am founding my Church" (Jesus Christ, Bible). "Holy Spirit will teach you everything" (Jesus Christ, Bible)

Who should we blame when a plane crashes and kills one or two hundred people?

Who should we blame for hurricanes, tsunamis, lightning strike, hail damage, cot death?

God is Spirit. There are two spirits. God Jesus and the false god (satan, evil spirit).
Blame for every bad thing the satan. Never blame loving Jesus, who died for me.

You said there was a revolt, a rejection of God, which justifies God's methods.

We can not judge God the Highest Suverene Judge. He has way more power over us than Biden and Putin together. He can execute us without making sin at any moment. Hereby He is doing always GOOD, even by executing us in hell.

God had deliberately denied knowledge of good and evil to Adam and Eve

That is false knowledge. It is wishful thinking. "You will be like gods" (says satan in Genesis).
Fake, ill, dying gods. So, if you are truly god, then tell us please is the Riemann Hypothesis true or not?

Oh, and as for whether sin is heritable, there are examples where God curses someone "to the third generation". But for the more general principle,
“But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:20-26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
10 Commandments
The idea that the ten commandments serve as an adequate moral guide is simply nonsense.

Consider "thou shalt not kill", for example. Not only is it take for granted that your army and your law enforcement agencies and your state may kill, but in the bible God [him]self orders massacres of people already conquered and beaten.

And what about self-defense, negligence, accident, insanity, provocation, mercy killing, honor killing, human sacrifice to God and so on?

And Christians regularly flout it by observing Sunday instead of Saturday as the sabbath.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. God is not a sinner, so it was not a suicide mission. They murdered Godman.
Unfortunately, according to your own text that's wrong. According to your own text Jesus set out on a mission to die, deliberately refused opportunities to escape, and engineered his own death.

I've pointed this out to you before.
There are verses in the Bible, which tell, that God has not wanted for Jesus to die. Otherwise, the Judas would not go to hell for the sin of Betrayal.
No. In the bible, Jesus knows he's going to be betrayed, and does exactly nothing to stop it. One part of that nothing was refusing to identify Judas at the Last Supper. Another was failing to leave Jerusalem straight after dessert on a fast donkey.
2. conventional medicine like Prozak, Rispolept, Goloperidon has no effect on Atheism, Evolutionism, and the "Big Bang giving life" idea.

To cure these states of mind the drinking of the Holy Innocent Blood of Godman and Eating His Holy Body is absolutely necessary.
The Eucharist is from ancient Greek practice, the eating of bread symbolizing Ceres, goddess of crops and the earth, and drinking wine, symbolizing Dionysos / Bacchus.

The cannibalism symbolized in the Christian version is grimly repugnant. I don't see it luring many unbelievers to Christianity any time soon.

And if it did, none of that would detract from the evidence of evolution or the modern theory of evolution, or make the CMB radiation go away.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
DISCLAIMER:
It is not about any living women or any of women of the future or past. It is an imagined unrealistic being, just like Harry Potter.

See, the problem is in using stereotypes about women.

If you say "science is like a woman," which I see you essentially did in another post, that means you're abstracting characteristics and traits from what it means to be a woman. Negative ones. That's where the misogyny creeps in.

For instance it would be misandry if I were to say, "such and such is like a man, big and brutish and angry." The very act of abstracting negative stereotypes is problematic.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:20-26‬ ‭NIV‬‬
So how many people will be living on the earth, say 200 years after the Kingdom is set up? 500 years? 2,000 years? Or will copulation and reproduction cease?

And ─ correct me if I'm wrong ─ doesn't it say in Mark, Matthew and Luke that the Kingdom will be established in the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience?

Or do you know some 2,000 year old people living quietly out there right now?

And ─ correct me if I'm wrong ─ doesn't it say in Mark, Matthew and Luke that the Kingdom will be established in the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience?

No, Jesus answered these questions:

“Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.” As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:1-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

If you understand the prophecies already written in the Old Testament and NT letters about Jesus’ return, End of the Age, Anti-Christ etc. You would see what Jesus is communicating.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, Jesus answered these questions:

“Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.” As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:1-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬
No, rather ─

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.” [RSV]​
If you understand the prophecies already written in the Old Testament and NT letters about Jesus’ return, End of the Age, Anti-Christ etc. You would see what Jesus is communicating.
Jesus is not mentioned or alluded to in the Tanakh. Not once, not anywhere. He no more resembles the Jewish concept of a Messiah than I do. (And the Suffering Servant is the nation of Israel.)

No, rather ─

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.” [RSV]​
Jesus is not mentioned or alluded to in the Tanakh. Not once, not anywhere. He no more resembles the Jewish concept of a Messiah than I do. (And the Suffering Servant is the nation of Israel.)
Are you getting warnings for preaching? I am so just wondering @Polymath257. Or is it different?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you getting warnings for preaching? I am so just wondering @Polymath257. Or is it different?
I'm not preaching, so I'd be surprised to get a warning for preaching.

I'm pointing out to you what the texts of the NT actually say ─ and in Mark, Matthew and Luke, as you'll have seen from my post, it's clearly stated that the establishment of the Kingdom is going to occur in the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience.

But after nearly 2000 years ... nothing.

The generation that sees these signs will not pass till Jesus returns.
“Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God. Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:1-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@blü 2 - Isaiah 53
Jesus Christ is the suffering servant
Only in Christian lore. In fact Jesus is never mentioned in the Tanakh, and has none of the qualifications of a Jewish messiah, being neither a civil, military or religious leader of the Jews, nor anointed by the Jewish priesthood.

Isaiah's "Suffering Servant" is the nation of Israel.

What you will find, however, is that the writers of the gospels loved to take passages of the Tanakh as prophecies of Jesus, and write their version of Jesus so that Jesus fulfills the "prophecy". All four gospel writers do this, starting with Mark, but Matthew is, I'd say the most transparent. For example ─

His Jesus is born of a 'virgin' because Isaiah 7:14's 'almah "young woman" is translated into Greek in the Septuagint as parthenos "virgin". Luke copies this. However, the Jesus of Mark is an ordinary Jew with an ordinary family until his baptism, when God adopts him on the model of David's adoption as son of God in Psalm 2:7. And Paul and the author of John never mention anything about virginity.

He invents the unhistoric 'Taxation Census' story so as to get Jesus to be born in Bethlehem to “fulfill” Micah 5:2.

He invents the unhistoric 'Massacre of the Innocents' story so as to get Jesus into Egypt to “fulfill” Hosea 11.1.

He absurdly sits Jesus across a foal and a donkey to ride into Jerusalem "to fulfill prophecy" (Matthew 21:2-5) in Zechariah 9.9.
None of the "prophecies" will withstand a close look.