• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If life originated in a small warm pond - how can life come from nothing - ?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

markymark

I assume your asking if there's evidence to show a god does not exist. To that I say:

The burden of proof is on the one making the claim. If you claim a god exists, it's on you to prove it does, not on anyone else to prove it does not. Debate 101.

Besides, simply appealing to a lack of negative evidence is meaningless. There's no evidence to prove god doesn't exist? So what? There no evidence to prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean that it must therefore exist.

If you want to prove that something is real, you have to provide evidence for it. You can't simply rest on "Well, there's no evidence against it."

Again i dont need to proof anything when i have faith ...something you clearly lack ...IMO

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
Again i dont need to proof anything when i have faith ...something you clearly lack ...IMO

The way I see it, you have no proof so you rely on faith. I've already explained why I see faith as meaningless. If faith is all you have then, as far as I'm concerned, you have nothing.

Last edited:

mycorrhiza

Please watch islamic view regarding big bang and evolution

[youtube]0xXgsndwxD4[/youtube]
Muslim Destroys Atheism (Logical Proof for God) - in few seconds - YouTube

I must say that that video was awful. He clearly has no understanding of evolution and biology and he asks how natural selection can have created the soul... Of course, he also used the "what caused the big bang" argument. Why doesn't that apply to God? What created God?

Of course, the answer is that God is eternal and not created. So why can't the Universe be eternal and not created? I, personally, believe that the Universe is eternal and cyclical. The Universe itself is God.

The man in the video could very much benefit from a more agnostic and open-minded position as he doesn't even seem to consider the possibility that there is no God. Most atheists at least think that it's possible that there might be a personal, transcendent God.

Last edited:

shawn001

Please watch islamic view regarding big bang and evolution

[youtube]0xXgsndwxD4[/youtube]
Muslim Destroys Atheism (Logical Proof for God) - in few seconds - YouTube

Too funny. A dust cloud before the big bang. LOL

Space before the bang. LOL

The big bang wasn't an explosion in the first place.

An eye doctor who knows zip about cosmology and astronomy.

Where do they get the lies to make this up in the first place.

That is as far as I could go.

Astro Physicist Brian Cox, who does actually have credentials in cosmology and astronomy.

How the Earth was formed

[youtube]-x8-KMR0nx8[/youtube]
How the Earth was formed - The Power of the Planet - BBC Two - YouTube

How the Moon Was Born!

[youtube]IO45ZiGql8E[/youtube]
How the Moon Was Born! - YouTube

jamesmorrow

were did the organic compounds come from?

where did your god's compounds come from?

were did those ingredients come from ??

where did your god's ingredients come from?

dont agree as were did macromolecules, such as proteins, polysaccharides, and nucleic acids and amino acids come from ??

where did god's instincts, characteristics, personality, thoughts, nature, disposition come from?

do did the organic compounds just arrive from no where ? ?

did god's compounds just arrive from no where? who chose god's powers for him? who chose god's loving merciful nature for him? did he?? no... because he always existed didnt he... so your god had no control over, no say in his own existence. his instincts, characteristics, personality, thoughts, nature, disposition was out of his control... chosen by someone or something else.. what? nothingness? random chance? what??

many thanks so how can organic compounds just appear from no where??

how can god just appear from nowhere?

where did Inorganic compounds and star dust come from ??

where did god come from?

eternal - wow thats not a very scientific word - so do you agree you dont know were they came from , they just arrived out of thin air ..many thanks

eternal, wow thats not a very scientific word... so do you agree you dont know where god came from? he just arrived out of thin air..... many thanks.

shawn001

FYI

Why these people denying evolution can breath Oxygen in the first place.

Scientific American

The Origin of Oxygen in Earth's Atmosphere

The breathable air we enjoy today originated from tiny organisms, although the details remain lost in geologic time

"So how did Earth end up with an atmosphere made up of roughly 21 percent of the stuff?

The answer is tiny organisms known as cyanobacteria, or blue-green algae. These microbes conduct photosynthesis: using sunshine, water and carbon dioxide to produce carbohydrates and, yes, oxygen. In fact, all the plants on Earth incorporate symbiotic cyanobacteria (known as chloroplasts) to do their photosynthesis for them down to this day.

For some untold eons prior to the evolution of these cyanobacteria, during the Archean eon, more primitive microbes lived the real old-fashioned way: anaerobically. These ancient organisms—and their "extremophile" descendants today—thrived in the absence of oxygen, relying on sulfate for their energy needs.

The Origin of Oxygen in Earth's Atmosphere: Scientific American

Introduction to the Cyanobacteria

Architects of earth's atmosphere

Cyanobacteria are aquatic and photosynthetic, that is, they live in the water, and can manufacture their own food. Because they are bacteria, they are quite small and usually unicellular, though they often grow in colonies large enough to see. They have the distinction of being the oldest known fossils, more than 3.5 billion years old, in fact! It may surprise you then to know that the cyanobacteria are still around; they are one of the largest and most important groups of bacteria on earth.

Introduction to the Cyanobacteria

Early 'see-sawing' Earth experienced hazy shades of life

" Earth's early atmosphere fluctuated between 'organic haze' and a 'haze-free' environment similar to that of Saturn's moon, Titan, a new study has revealed.
And this switch over 2.5 billion years ago was the result of intense microbial activity and would have had a profound effect on the climate of the Earth system.
Research, led by experts at Newcastle University, UK, revealed that the Earth's early atmosphere periodically flipped from a hydrocarbon-free state into a hydrocarbon-rich state."

Early 'see-sawing' Earth experienced hazy shades of life - Yahoo! News India

Fossil raindrops reveal early atmosphere

Fossil raindrops reveal early atmosphere › News in Science (ABC Science)

Can you breath Methane, or primarily natural gas?

Your breathing Oxygen right now because the bacteria called cynobacteria evolved photosynthesis and changed the earth atmophere. Our atmophere today is a direct result of evolution. Look it up.

Which is one reason we landed on Saturn's moon titan, because it has similar organic chemistry to the early earth.

260px-Titan_multi_spectral_overlay.jpg

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Your faith is the manufacture of false proof, in absence of any actual proof

It's simply a cognitive defense mechanism, when your desires are not going to be met

An alternate theory for the creation of the universe. Zoroastrianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Creation of the universe
According to the Zoroastrian story of creation, Ahura Mazda existed in light in goodness above, while Angra Mainyu existed in darkness and ignorance below. They have existed independently of each other for all time, and manifest contrary substances. Ahura Mazda first created seven abstract heavenly beings called Amesha Spentas, who support him and represent beneficent aspects, along with numerous yazads, lesser beings worthy of worship. He then created the universe itself in order to ensnare evil. Ahura Mazda created the floating, egg-shaped universe in two parts: first the spiritual (menog) and 3,000 years later, the physical (getig). Ahura Mazda then created Gayomard, the archetypical perfect man, and the first bull.[39]
While Ahura Mazda created the universe and mankind, Angra Mainyu, whose instinct is to destroy, miscreated demons, evil yazads, and noxious creatures (khrafstar) such as snakes, ants, and flies. Angra Mainyu created an opposite, evil being for each good being, except for humans, which he found he could not match. Angra Mainyu invaded the universe through the base of the sky, inflicting Gayomard and the bull with suffering and death. However, the evil forces were trapped in the universe and could not retreat. The dying primordial man and bull emitted seeds. From the bull's seed grew all beneficial plants and animals of the world, and from the man's seed grew a plant whose leaves became the first human couple. Man thus struggles in a two-fold universe trapped with evil. The evils of this physical world are not products of an inherent weakness, but are the fault of Angra Mainyu's assault on creation. This assault turned the perfectly flat, peaceful, and ever day-lit world into a mountainous, violent place that is half night.

cablescavenger

pls can someone explain how life just emerged in a small warm pond ...who put it there ...how did it just happen , the artical below seems to dispute that - would love to learn a bit about were athiest thing live originated and just came out from nothing

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Darwin's warm pond idea is tested

Life on Earth was unlikely to have emerged from volcanic springs or hydrothermal vents, according to a leading US researcher.

Given that it is a question we are now working on it shows how far we have come since 1859.

It might be that life developed external to the earth, perhaps carried here by comet or meteor impacts. It may be a byproduct of a chemical reaction which took place under supporting conditions either on the earth or in the earth itself.

I am hopeful that scientists will deliver, but who knows?

Which is one reason we landed on Saturn's moon titan, because it has similar organic chemistry to the early earth.

260px-Titan_multi_spectral_overlay.jpg

Interestingly, Titan is one of the worlds in our solar system that may have life.

----It has also been suggested that life could exist in the lakes of liquid methane on Titan, just as organisms on Earth live in water.[133] Such creatures would inhale H2 in place of O2, react it with acetylene instead of glucose, and exhale methane instead of carbon dioxide.[133][134] In 2005, astrobiologist Chris McKay predicted that if methanogenic life is consuming atmospheric hydrogen in sufficient volume, it will have a measurable effect on the mixing ratio in the troposphere.[133]
Evidence for this form of life was identified in 2010 by Darrell Strobel of Johns Hopkins University; an over-abundance of molecular hydrogen in the upper atmospheric layers, which leads to a downward flow at a rate of roughly 1025 molecules per second. Near the surface the hydrogen apparently disappears, which may imply its consumption by methanogenic lifeforms.[133][135][136] Another paper released the same month showed little evidence of acetylene on Titan's surface, where scientists had expected the compound to accumulate; according to Strobel, this is consistent with the hypothesis that acetylene is being consumed by methanogens.----- Wikipedia, Titan (moon)

Titan is a cool place regardless. Its the only other world in our solar system that is known to have liquid lakes.

markymark

I am merely trying to figure out how God can be eternal and nothing else can without a blatant double standard.

i suspect that you are correct, that he he will continue to avoid answering it.
Though I will not be surprised if he replies that he takes it on "faith".
which of course displays a double standard.

sorry friend do you belive in extraterrestrials or aliens

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
sorry friend do you belive in extraterrestrials or aliens

What does that have todo with anything? Also are you asking about on other plantes or visiting this one/ the reason people think yes to either are different.

shawn001

Interestingly, Titan is one of the worlds in our solar system that may have life.

----It has also been suggested that life could exist in the lakes of liquid methane on Titan, just as organisms on Earth live in water.[133] Such creatures would inhale H2 in place of O2, react it with acetylene instead of glucose, and exhale methane instead of carbon dioxide.[133][134] In 2005, astrobiologist Chris McKay predicted that if methanogenic life is consuming atmospheric hydrogen in sufficient volume, it will have a measurable effect on the mixing ratio in the troposphere.[133]
Evidence for this form of life was identified in 2010 by Darrell Strobel of Johns Hopkins University; an over-abundance of molecular hydrogen in the upper atmospheric layers, which leads to a downward flow at a rate of roughly 1025 molecules per second. Near the surface the hydrogen apparently disappears, which may imply its consumption by methanogenic lifeforms.[133][135][136] Another paper released the same month showed little evidence of acetylene on Titan's surface, where scientists had expected the compound to accumulate; according to Strobel, this is consistent with the hypothesis that acetylene is being consumed by methanogens.----- Wikipedia, Titan (moon)

Titan is a cool place regardless. Its the only other world in our solar system that is known to have liquid lakes.

Although were pretty sure some of the moons in the solar system have liquid oceans. But Titan is pretty cool and studying it helps us with the early earth.