• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If life originated in a small warm pond - how can life come from nothing - ?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
chistians dont need proof we live by faith - athiest live by science and proof thats there religion do you agree ..

you missed out reason. Also atheism isn't a religion

Last edited:

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
but if you did have evidence would you believe God did create life ?

If it were compelling evidence, yes. I'd have no reason not to.

would that change waht you believed about the orgins of live , beacuse that would defeat the whole o9bject of faith - which is trust or

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

heb 11:1

Why is faith even necessary? Faith is not a path to truth, IMO. Faith, to me, is no different than wishful thinking. It has no bearing on the actual reality of the world in which we live.

Look at it this way: It was once taught as holy and sacred truth that the Earth was the center of the Universe and that the Sun revolved around it. Scripture was used to back this claim and all who didn't accept it were condemned as heretics and blasphemers and even threatened with death.

"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin." — Cardinal Robert Bellarmine (during the trial of Galileo)

Now, during all the ages that these people's faith told them that the Earth was the center of everything, the Earth itself stubbornly persisted in orbiting the Sun. These people "believed" fervently that the Sun orbited us, but that didn't change reality.

You, like them, fervently "believe" that your god created everything. Maybe it did, maybe it did not. But I don't see how faith has, or could have, any bearing on it at all.

Faith, in my honest opinion, is an excuse that is used when someone really doesn't have a good reason to believe something but they want to believe it anyway. (No offense intended)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
i did not ...it jsut normal used in relgion not science
Of you look, you will see i was asking a question, not making a statement.

Science tends to stay away from the use of "eternal" because the term is used to often as an end all.
Not to mention that there is no way of proving it.

One question I have is why can your god be eternal and nothing else?

markymark

If it were compelling evidence, yes. I'd have no reason not to.

Why is faith even necessary? Faith is not a path to truth, IMO. Faith, to me, is no different than wishful thinking. It has no bearing on the actual reality of the world in which we live.

Look at it this way: It was once taught as holy and sacred truth that the Earth was the center of the Universe and that the Sun revolved around it. Scripture was used to back this claim and all who didn't accept it were condemned as heretics and blasphemers and even threatened with death.

Now, during all the ages that these people's faith told them that the Earth was the center of everything, the Earth itself stubbornly persisted in orbiting the Sun. These people "believed" fervently that the Sun orbited us, but that didn't change reality.

You, like them, fervently "believe" that your god created everything. Maybe it did, maybe it did not. But I don't see how faith has, or could have, any bearing on it at all.

Faith, in my honest opinion, is an excuse that is used when someone really doesn't have a good reason to believe something but they want to believe it anyway. (No offense intended)

thnaks a for all the information i have learned laods - it wont change my faith by intreating anyway - one more question why do atheist scientist become chrisitans

eg:

george r price - francis collins - alsier mcgarth

McBell

Hi Mestimia,

I don't think you're going to get an answer to your question. Might as well dance a bunch !

best,
swampy
I am merely trying to figure out how God can be eternal and nothing else can without a blatant double standard.

i suspect that you are correct, that he he will continue to avoid answering it.
Though I will not be surprised if he replies that he takes it on "faith".
which of course displays a double standard.

markymark

Of you look, you will see i was asking a question, not making a statement.

Science tends to stay away from the use of "eternal" because the term is used to often as an end all.
Not to mention that there is no way of proving it.

One question I have is why can your god be eternal and nothing else?

many thanks for he chat hope to meet up again

McBell

why do atheist scientist become chrisitans
You have to ask them.
Any answer someone gives for another persons personal beliefs is nothing more than guess work unless they heard what they tell you from the person in question.

though I do have to ask:
Why do you think so many leave Christianity?

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
thnaks a for all the information i have learned laods - it wont change my faith by intreating anyway - one more question why do atheist scientist become chrisitans

eg:

No idea. Research them and you can find out for yourself.

Another interesting question to research would be why 93% of the National Academy of Sciences are nonbelievers.

Last edited:

Kerr

eg:

Why ask a question no one of us can actually respond to? Whatever their reasons are, they know it, we dont. It would be like asking why people convert from Christianity to Islam. Or Buddhism. Or decide to leave religion and theism behind and become atheists. You would simply have to ask them.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No one will be able to understand how life was created because we are thinking of
life as we can see it by now,the easier way to think is to accept that there is one god who
got the ability to creat everything out of nothing according to his image,a super
entity of different nature than ours,so to grasp the truth about god existance we
should get out from the box.

from my point of view that the Abrahimic religions were telling us the truth,
from Judaism till islam were talking about the same super entity which always demand
us to be in good morals and to obey his commands in order to be saved in the afterlife.

Quran: The Smoke Prophesy - Video Dailymotion

markymark

You have to ask them.
Any answer someone gives for another persons personal beliefs is nothing more than guess work unless they heard what they tell you from the person in question.

though I do have to ask:
Why do you think so many leave Christianity?

i mean its hard to keep stats on taht i agree some christins have fallen away , but many athiest are also turning to God so its hard to gant offical figure on that - maybe they have not grasp the basic foundations of waht God has done for them