• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

MJFlores

No, it's scriptural.

You have to have an essay to try to explain it away.
upload_2017-5-20_19-57-34.jpeg

John 1:1 - Wikipedia

John 1:1 is the first verse in the opening chapter of the Gospel of John. In the Douay–Rheims, King James, New International, and other versions of the Bible, the verse reads:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.[1][2][3]

The phrase "the Word" (a translation of the Greek word "Logos") is widely interpreted as referring to Jesus, as indicated in other verses later in the same chapter.[4] This verse and others throughoutJohannine literature connect the Christian understanding of Jesus to the philosophical idea of the Logos and the Hebrew Wisdom literature. They also set the stage for later understanding development of Trinitarian theology early in the post-biblical era.

So you know where this was developed, right?
devilthrone.jpg

images

Muffled

Jesus in me
No bible verse? Sounds like it was taken from Wikipedia only.
Could you provide some scriptures next time?
How would I know if your belief is not concocted from the air or from Turkey?

I don't believe you would recognize the Word if you tripped over it backwards.

I don't believe Wikipedia to be a bad source about history. However if you have a different source that negates it, I will be happy to look at what you say Arius said. However the numbered items are what I believe about what Arius reputedly said.

I believe if a person is serious about learning he should look up his own scripture. There was a time when I studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Holy Spirit would say afterwards "That isn't right." I would have to look up scriptures to find out what was right. Of course if you had the Holy Spirit you would know already if I speak God's Word or not.

MJFlores

I don't believe you would recognize the Word if you tripped over it backwards.

I don't believe Wikipedia to be a bad source about history. However if you have a different source that negates it, I will be happy to look at what you say Arius said. However the numbered items are what I believe about what Arius reputedly said.

I believe if a person is serious about learning he should look up his own scripture. There was a time when I studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses. The Holy Spirit would say afterwards "That isn't right." I would have to look up scriptures to find out what was right. Of course if you had the Holy Spirit you would know already if I speak God's Word or not.

thinking-no-clue-shake-head.gif

I have notice that you don't even cite any source except yourself. Not the bible, your assertions are just multicolored but scriptural? No.

If you studied well with the Jehovah's then you would have learned something, but it doesn't really show.

images

whirlingmerc

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

A number of reasons. Jesus was fully God and fully man. Two natures welded together in one person to be the second Adam redeemer. Adam was tested and failed and all mankind is in Adam and suffers the fall and alienation from God and consequences. Jesus is tempted harder than adam, alone not with someone, in a dessert not a garden, with wild beasts not subjugated beasts with nothing to eat instead of almost everything and Jesus succeeds.

There is also a notion that like Job, the Messiah is tested, suffers and enters into glory and it isn't just Jesus or Job it includes all Christians in many and various ways
Job: Journey from Moral Man to Wise

Muffled

Jesus in me
slide_5.jpg

God is omniscient while Jesus Christ is not.

The Bible teaches that God knows all things (I John 3:20).

If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. I John 3:20

There is one thing that Jesus himself acknowledged that he does not know: his coming. Here is what he said,

"No one knows about that day and hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" (Matthew 24:36).

By his admittance that he does not know his coming, Jesus is at the same time teaching that he is not the true God. If others will reason out and say that Jesus is speaking as a man here on earth, the question is: is he telling the truth or not? If the answer is: he is telling the truth, then we have to admit the truth that Christ is not omniscient, therefore, he is not God.

images

I believe I have to admit I enjoy your graphics and sometimes I can get a good laugh out of it. It beats plain old script. Let's fancy up the Word of God with a lei or two.

I believe this is false. Take for instance the statement that Jesus knew the Pharisees wanted to kill him. Only God knows the hearts of men.

I believe this is false on two counts. !. the verse is not about the coming of Jesus 2. The knowing is not intellectual but experiential and that only occurs if God is still in Jesus at the time.

I believe your conclusion is false because your premise is false.

I believe again you are in error because Jesus speaks the truth and your premise is still false.

Muffled

Jesus in me
thinking-no-clue-shake-head.gif

I have notice that you don't even cite any source except yourself. Not the bible, your assertions are just multicolored but scriptural? No.

If you studied well with the Jehovah's then you would have learned something, but it doesn't really show.

images

I believe I am far beyond the point of learning scripture. I don't need to quote scripture to show how much I know but the JW 's and others who can't even get the scriptures that they quote right, know a lot less than me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Oeste said "The Arians had their bishops just like the Trinitarians. As stated earlier there was a schism in the church. The Trinitarians won due to their stronger theological argument."

I believe the Trinitarians won because the Roman Emperor Constantine was willing to back the majority. I just finished watching the movie "Luther." In it the Reformation was not secure until the Holy Roman Emperor ceased to be belligerent towards the movement.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
View attachment 17565
John 1:1 - Wikipedia

John 1:1 is the first verse in the opening chapter of the Gospel of John. In the Douay–Rheims, King James, New International, and other versions of the Bible, the verse reads:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.[1][2][3]

So you know where this was developed, right?

LOL -- Absolutely!! From the Book of John, Hebrews, 1 John, and the other Gospels.

"And His name shalt be called Emmanuel--God with us"

Can't be any more plain.

I explained it in three lines and it took you two pictures and four paragraphs (or so)

MJFlores

LOL -- Absolutely!! From the Book of John, Hebrews, 1 John, and the other Gospels.

Can't be any more plain.

I explained it in three lines and it took you two pictures and four paragraphs (or so)

images

Matthew 1:25
But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Where is Emmanuel???
Have you seen Emmanuel? Emmanuel!!!

BPfKqCTZhLI6A.webp

That what happens when people jump to conclusions - they could not explain what they are talking about.
upload_2017-5-21_7-35-26.jpeg
Emmanuel Macron (President of France)
Emmanuel Jean‑Michel Frédéric Macron is the President of France ...

Emmanuel (Singer)
Emmanuel is the top Mexican singer who debuted in the 1970s. ...

Tommy Emmanuel (Guitarist)
Born: 31 May 1955 (age 61), Muswellbrook, Australia
Songs: Classical Gas, Guitar Boogie

Probably France, Mexico and Australia have these gods too?

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-21_7-35-26.png
    upload_2017-5-21_7-35-26.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2017-5-21_7-35-26.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 0

Kenny

Premium Member
Where is Emmanuel???
Have you seen Emmanuel? Emmanuel!!!
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, ...blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

MJFlores

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, ...blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Mr. KenS said: "And His name shalt be called Emmanuel--God with us"

Angel to Joseph
images

Matthew 1:20-21New International Version (NIV)

But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

images

That is why I call him my Lord Jesus Christ

well if you really have to insist, start calling him Lord Emmanuel
giphy-9.gif

MJFlores

I believe I am far beyond the point of learning scripture. I don't need to quote scripture to show how much I know but the JW 's and others who can't even get the scriptures that they quote right, know a lot less than me.

Muffled said: I believe I am far beyond the point of learning scripture.
conan.gif

1 Corinthians 4:6
Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

Amplified Bible worded this:

Now I have applied these things [that is, the analogies about factions] to myself and Apollos for your benefit, believers, so that you may learn from us not to go beyond what is written [in Scripture], so that none of you will become arrogant and boast in favor of one [minister or teacher] against the other.

arjuna

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

I believe that Jesus was not God but in God for he was written as saying in John's gospel, 'the Father is greater than I' yet 'The Father is in I, and I in you, and you in me'. For Abrahamic faith reconciliation sakes, I put Jesus in the category of prophet: sent by God and returned to God as great prophet along the way from the beginning to the end and including Mohammed PBUH. Abraham was tested, Cain and Abel were tested, Noah was tested, Abraham and Sarai were tested, Sarah and Hagar were tested, Isaac and Ishmael were tested, Esau and Jacob, and Jacob to Israel was tested, and Joseph and the brothers 'Israel' were tested. God tests creation and contained in the record flows varied response. Jesus was led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Verse 11 reads: 'Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and ministered to him.' Therefore, in the temptation of Jesus, God was not present. God tests us and life is beautiful.

MJFlores

True... but Jesus is both Emmanuel, Son of God and Son of Man.

That is right! Jesus is the Son of God, not God the Son.

Two days ago you quoted: "And His name shalt be called Emmanuel--God with us"

This is the verse pertaining to your quote:

Matthew 1:23 New International Version (NIV)

“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

What means "God with us"? Immanuel

Does Immanuel literally means God? No, it is a meaning of the name.

When the virgin conceived a son was he named Immanuel? No.

What is his name? Jesus

From the Hebrew name אֱלִיָּהוּ ('Eliyyahu) meaning "my God is YAHWEH". Elijah was a Hebrew prophet and miracle worker, as told in the two Books of Kings in the Old Testament. He was active in the 9th century BC during the reign of King Ahab of Israel and his Phoenician-born queen Jezebel. - It does not mean Elijah is Yahweh.

From the Hebrew name יְשַׁעְיָהוּ (Yesha'yahu) meaning "YAHWEH is salvation". Isaiah is one of the four major prophets of the Old Testament, supposedly the author of the Book of Isaiah. ... As an English Christian name,Isaiah was first used after the Protestant Reformation. - it does not mean Isaiah is Yahweh

The name Ken is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Ken is:Clear water. - it does not mean Ken is literally clear water.

images

Kenny

Premium Member
That is right! Jesus is the Son of God, not God the Son.

Two days ago you quoted: "And His name shalt be called Emmanuel--God with us"

This is the verse pertaining to your quote:

Matthew 1:23 New International Version (NIV)

“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

What means "God with us"? Immanuel

Does Immanuel literally means God? No, it is a meaning of the name.

When the virgin conceived a son was he named Immanuel? No.

What is his name? Jesus

From the Hebrew name אֱלִיָּהוּ ('Eliyyahu) meaning "my God is YAHWEH". Elijah was a Hebrew prophet and miracle worker, as told in the two Books of Kings in the Old Testament. He was active in the 9th century BC during the reign of King Ahab of Israel and his Phoenician-born queen Jezebel. - It does not mean Elijah is Yahweh.

From the Hebrew name יְשַׁעְיָהוּ (Yesha'yahu) meaning "YAHWEH is salvation". Isaiah is one of the four major prophets of the Old Testament, supposedly the author of the Book of Isaiah. ... As an English Christian name,Isaiah was first used after the Protestant Reformation. - it does not mean Isaiah is Yahweh

The name Ken is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Ken is:Clear water. - it does not mean Ken is literally clear water.

images
It takes you a whole lot of explaining to change what it says...

Emmanuel -- God with Us
And the WORD was GOD.

I just need the witness of two. Short and sweet.

You may not like it and reject it
Or you could think about it and do something about it
But the truth is something we all have to face.

MJFlores

It takes you a whole lot of explaining to change what it says...

Emmanuel -- God with Us
And the WORD was GOD.

I just need the witness of two. Short and sweet.

You may not like it and reject it
Or you could think about it and do something about it
But the truth is something we all have to face.

6eJkPVo.gif

So where is Emmanuel?

MJFlores

trinity.gif

THE GOD OF THE TRUE CHRISTIAN
CANNOT BE A TRIUNE GOD

The God of the Christians is only one - not one in three nor three in one,
not a Trinity. This is what the true God declared:

“I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me.” ( Isaiah 45:5 NKJV)

There is no God besides God. The Bible also teaches us that there is no one else like Him:

“Remember what happened long ago; acknowledge that I alone am God and that there is no one else like me.” ( Isaiah 46:9 TEV)

God is God alone and there is no other God, there never was and never will be:

“People of Israel, you are my witnesses; I chose you to be my servant, so that you would know me and believe in me and understand that I am the only God. Besides me there is no other god; there never was and never will be.” ( Isaiah 43:10 TEV)