• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
Well if it's not man's teachings, Then how do come by baptism, When in fact neither Jesus nor Nicodemus said anything about baptism, in their whole conversation in John 3:3-6.

So explain exactly how do you come by baptism, when in fact, neither Jesus nor Nicodemus said anything about baptism. In their whole conversation in John 3:3-6.

You know it can be understood, when an Unbeliever adds unto God's word,
But you as a Christian found adding unto God's word.
Just what exactly gives you that right.

You Christians are pathetic, you'll condemn someone else, who is found adding unto God's word, Then yourself are found doing, What you will tell other people not to do.

I presented God's word as recorded in scripture, that baptism involves water. I showed how the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus is easily understood as referring to baptism. I showed that Paul definitely believed in the necessity of baptism in terms referring to a new life after baptism, which sounds a lot like being born again. Paul and Acts definitely connect baptism and the Spirit. John is known for presenting the sayings of Jesus in very metaphorical terms, as when he talks about the living water as distinct from the water from the well. Which could very well be a reference to baptism, just like Peter connects water and baptism.

You have never answered the question as to why Jesus would refer to a physical birth of a woman as a requirement for seeing the kingdom of God when everyone is born of a woman. You have not explained exactly how the word of God in the scriptures constitutes being born of the Spirit. When does it happen? Do you have to read the whole Bible? Is drone reading sufficient or do you need to understand it as a whole? Presumably that would involve understanding the relationships among the different parts, like Peter and the water of baptism, Paul and the new life from baptism, Acts connecting the Spirit with baptism and so on.

You say that Jesus and Nicodemus never talk about the water being baptism, but they never talk about the word of God being the Spirit either.

I have added nothing, justifying what I say with scripture. You have taken away by ignoring the word of God in scripture. Ironic since that is what you say is needed to see the kingdom of God.

Faithofchristian

I presented God's word as recorded in scripture, that baptism involves water. I showed how the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus is easily understood as referring to baptism. I showed that Paul definitely believed in the necessity of baptism in terms referring to a new life after baptism, which sounds a lot like being born again. Paul and Acts definitely connect baptism and the Spirit. John is known for presenting the sayings of Jesus in very metaphorical terms, as when he talks about the living water as distinct from the water from the well. Which could very well be a reference to baptism, just like Peter connects water and baptism.

You have never answered the question as to why Jesus would refer to a physical birth of a woman as a requirement for seeing the kingdom of God when everyone is born of a woman. You have not explained exactly how the word of God in the scriptures constitutes being born of the Spirit. When does it happen? Do you have to read the whole Bible? Is drone reading sufficient or do you need to understand it as a whole? Presumably that would involve understanding the relationships among the different parts, like Peter and the water of baptism, Paul and the new life from baptism, Acts connecting the Spirit with baptism and so on.

You say that Jesus and Nicodemus never talk about the water being baptism, but they never talk about the word of God being the Spirit either.

I have added nothing, justifying what I say with scripture. You have taken away by ignoring the word of God in scripture. Ironic since that is what you say is needed to see the kingdom of God.

You added unto Jesus and Nicodemus conversation, that's adding unto the word of Christ Jesus and Nicodemus conversation.

Show as to where in John 3:3-6, As to where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about baptism, your adding unto the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus.
Or are you that blind.

Show me one Verse in John Chapter 3,
Verse's 3 thru 6, As to where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about baptism.
Otherwise your adding unto the Conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus.

So how do you come by baptism in the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus, When in fact neither Jesus nor Nicodemus said anything about baptism, in their whole conversation in John 3:3-6.

Just give one verse, where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about baptism.

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
You added unto Jesus and Nicodemus conversation, that's adding unto the word of Christ Jesus and Nicodemus conversation.

Show as to where in John 3:3-6, As to where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about baptism, your adding unto the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus.

Or are you that blind.

Show me one Verse in John Chapter 3,Verse's 3 thru 6, As to where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about baptism.
Otherwise your adding unto the Conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus.

So how do you come by baptism in the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus, When in fact neither Jesus nor Nicodemus said anything about baptism, in their whole conversation in John 3:3-6.

Just give one verse, where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about baptism.

Show me one verse where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about being born of the Spirit meaning the word of God, as you claim, Yet that is your contention. To support it you quoted from 1 Peter. I quoted from 1 Peter showing that he talks about water baptism, which you deny is a teaching of the word of God.

My support for the contention that Jesus is talking about baptism is in the various passages I quoted. Paul links baptism to dying and living again. Acts links baptism and the Spirit. Peter links baptism and water. In other words, born again by water and the Spirit.

You have still to explain why being physically born of a woman is what Jesus meant by being born of water. This is a requirement for seeing the kingdom of God, but everyone is born of a woman. Why would Jesus need to point this out? And why do so in the context of being born again. OTOH, being born again by being baptized by water and the Spirit fits perfectly with the rest of scripture.

If you reply with something new, I will respond. Otherwise not, except maybe to say that you have yet to address my points.

Faithofchristian

Show me one verse where Jesus or Nicodemus mentioned anything about being born of the Spirit meaning the word of God, as you claim, Yet that is your contention. To support it you quoted from 1 Peter. I quoted from 1 Peter showing that he talks about water baptism, which you deny is a teaching of the word of God.

1st Peter 1:22-23, Peter plainly tells how to be born again of the Spirit, Is by the word of God.
But you yet haven't explained, how do you get Baptism from the womb of a woman?

That is what Jesus and Nicodemus are talking about in Verse 4.The womb of a woman, But how do you get Baptism from that?

My support for the contention that Jesus is talking about baptism is in the various passages I quoted. Paul links baptism to dying and living again. Acts links baptism and the Spirit. Peter links baptism and water. In other words, born again by water and the Spirit.

If Jesus was talking about baptism, do you realize, Jesus would haved came out and plainly said so.

Heck, Nicodemus knew what baptism is, he went himself and saw John the Baptist, baptizing People at the river Jordan.
But baptism never came up between Jesus and Nicodemus conversation.
So Jesus and Nicodemus were not in conversation about baptism.
You have still to explain why being physically born of a woman is what Jesus meant by being born of water. This is a requirement for seeing the kingdom of God, but everyone is born of a woman. Why would Jesus need to point this out? And why do so in the context of being born again. OTOH, being born again by being baptized by water and the Spirit fits perfectly with the rest of scripture.

Because that's exactly what Jesus and Nicodemus are talking, The womb of a woman in Verse 4.
That when a woman's water breaks the child comes thru that water, being born of the water.

Why should I expect you to see any of this,
When in fact as smart as was Nicodemus was about the scriptures,
Not even Nicodemus understood what Jesus was talking about.

Note what Jesus said unto Nicodemus in John 3 Verse 10--"Jesus answered and said unto him, are you a master of Israel, and knowest not these things"

Seeing Nicodemus was a master of Israel in the scriptures, than you are, And Nicodemus couldn't even see it,
As smart and skilled in the scriptures as Nicodemus was, but he still couldn't see it, What Jesus was talking about.

So why should I expect you to see it, When Nicodemus himself couldn't see it.

Nicodemus knew what baptism is, how many times, do you suppose Nicodemus went to the river Jordan and watch John the Baptist, baptizing People ?
So Nicodemus knew what baptism was.

But yet, not one time did Nicodemus bring baptism into the conversation between Jesus and himself.

Because Nicodemus knew what baptism was, seeing John the Baptist,
baptizing People, So Nicodemus knew there had to be more to what Jesus was talking about, Than baptism.

If you reply with something new, I will respond. Otherwise not, except maybe to say that you have yet to address my points.

Faithofchristian

FaithofChristian

I cannot get your text in either Reply or Quote. Please re-post in usable form if you can.[/QUOTE\]

I can see your having the same trouble, that Nicodemus is having understanding what Jesus is trying to reveal to him.

Nicodemus knew what baptism was, how many times do you suppose that Nicodemus heard about and saw John the Baptist down at the river Jordan baptizing people.
So Nicodemus knew what baptism was.

But Nicodemus knew whatever Jesus was referring to, went deeper than baptism.

What Nicodemus and yourself are lacking, is that you, believe that everything started with Adam and Eve.

You don't see anything before Adam and Eve were created.

So your lack of knowledge of the scriptures are limited, As was Nicodemus knowledge of scriptures were limited. Of not knowing about the first earth age, before Adam and Eve were created.

Notice in John chapter 3, Verse 10--"Jesus answered and said unto him, Your a master of Israel, and know not these things?"
Seeing Nicodemus was a master of Israel of knowing the scriptures,
Nicodemus thought he knew the scriptures pretty well, until talking with Jesus, Nicodemus didn't know as much about the scriptures as he thought he did.

So that's why you can't make no sense of what Jesus is saying about being born again. Just like Nicodemus couldn't either make no sense what Jesus was saying either.

Had you any knowledge about the first earth age, You would understand what Jesus ment by being born again.

But seeing you have no knowledge of the first earth age, The only logical answer for you would be baptism.

But Nicodemus knowing what baptism was, and knew whatever Jesus was talking about, went alot deeper than baptism it's self.

If I was to ask you, without saying anything about water or Spirit. Just explain what Jesus ment by being born again.
So what does Jesus mean by, you must be born again. What does born again, mean to you?
Just explain ( born again ) what does this mean?

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
Still the same problem. You may have an extra QUOTE and the system is inserting a /QUOTE at the end. All I get is this.

Try replying to your own post and you will see what I mean.

TrueBeliever37

Faithofchristian,
I can't get your post to show up.

1. Who told you that when the Messiah talked about being born of water he was referring to the natural birth? That is man's doctrine. In John 3:6 the Messiah said that which is born of the flesh is flesh. Yet you insist that it is being born of the water, that is the fleshly birth.

What is giving you the right to add to God's word?

2. How can a man (think about it- a grown man) be born of the water?