• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

MJFlores

upload_2017-5-25_9-40-11.png

THE GOD OF THE TRUE CHRISTIAN
CANNOT BE A TRIUNE GOD

The God of the Christians is only one - not one in three nor three in one, not a Trinity. This is what the true God declared:

“I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me.” ( Isaiah 45:5 NKJV)

There is no God besides God. The Bible also teaches us that there is no one else like Him:

“Remember what happened long ago; acknowledge that I alone am God and that there is no one else like me.” ( Isaiah 46:9 TEV)

God is God alone and there is no other God, there never was and never will be:

“People of Israel, you are my witnesses; I chose you to be my servant, so that you would know me and believe in me and understand that I am the only God. Besides me there is no other god; there never was and never will be.” ( Isaiah 43:10 TEV)

kjw47

I have read nothing about it being proven a small g

Those that know Jesus did. The trinity scholars know 100% they teach lies--Facts prove it. Its hard to give up billions they rake in.
Jesus teaches he has a God---so your scholars have got to teach--God has a God---but there is only one God making trinity scholars liars-Every time a trinity is taught, Jesus is being called a liar by those teaching it

Jesus taught--John 17:3--The one who sent him=Father-John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Paul taught the same-1Cor 8:6--now either Jesus and Paul are liars or trinity teachers are. We all must choose who we believe-----Gods advice= This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Those that know Jesus did. The trinity scholars know 100% they teach lies--Facts prove it. Its hard to give up billions they rake in.
Jesus teaches he has a God---so your scholars have got to teach--God has a God---but there is only one God making trinity scholars liars-Every time a trinity is taught, Jesus is being called a liar by those teaching it

Jesus taught--John 17:3--The one who sent him=Father-John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Paul taught the same-1Cor 8:6--now either Jesus and Paul are liars or trinity teachers are. We all must choose who we believe-----Gods advice= This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM.

LOL... I don't think so.

Sounds like you had a problem with money.

I find it quite Biblical, if not, even necessary for God to complete the redemption of man.

HOWEVER, whether it is a requirement to receive Jesus as Lord, is another story. I don't see where it is a requirement to believe that he is God=The Word or Jesus-the man but simply "If you believe that he was raised from the dead and confess him as Lord you will be saved".

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You're conveniently forgetting that Jesus, while being fully God, was also fully human. And part of being human is being subject to temptation.

Based on scripture I can accept Jesus as spiritual from God and physically human, but not physically God,

MJFlores

HOWEVER, whether it is a requirement to receive Jesus as Lord, is another story. I don't see where it is a requirement to believe that he is God=The Word or Jesus-the man but simply "If you believe that he was raised from the dead and confess him as Lord you will be saved".

whereisit1.gif

Something is really wrong with your post.

"If you believe that he was raised from the dead and confess him as Lord you will be saved"

What is the exact letter for letter verse on this?

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It is a requirement to say or speak that Jesus is Lord because

Acts 2:36
“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

If you deny God made Jesus, Lord how can you pass the second requirement?

The second requirement is that you believe God raised Jesus, the man, from the dead. It is a requirement to believe that in your heart. If you believe Jesus is God and rose from the grave - you will not be saved.

kjw47

LOL... I don't think so.

Sounds like you had a problem with money.

I find it quite Biblical, if not, even necessary for God to complete the redemption of man.

I think other teachings apply to that to make it a truth. Why? Because Jesus is clear here at Matt 7:21-23-- every one of these will believe and confess him as Lord. This is judgement--Jesus tells them---GET away from me, you worker of iniquity--I must confess I never even knew you. A worker of iniquity = a practicer of sin( willfull)-- Jesus was clear--only those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( be saved).

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I think other teachings apply to that to make it a truth. Why? Because Jesus is clear here at Matt 7:21-23-- every one of these will believe and confess him as Lord. This is judgement--Jesus tells them---GET away from me, you worker of iniquity--I must confess I never even knew you. A worker of iniquity = a practicer of sin( willfull)-- Jesus was clear--only those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( be saved).
You haven't said anything I don't agree with.

rharris001

People saw Jesus when he was on earth. (He was not invisible).

Yet, Jesus himself says at John 1:18, "No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

That is why Jesus came to declare the invisible God. (Col 1:15)

Jesus asked his closest companions - the ones he chose, the Apostle - a question, "Who do you say I am?"

How did Peter answer? How did Jesus respond to Peter's answer?

Peter answered: "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

How did Christ respond to Peter: "Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

Sadly, many today would answer Jesus incorrectly if they were asked this same question. And, Jesus would not favorably respond to them as he did Peter.

Those who claim and believe that Jesus is God is getting it from a source another than the Father in heaven. It is a false teaching.

The Apostle John at John 20:31 makes a deep statement about why I wrote what he wrote: John said, "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

So John did not believe Jesus was God. He knew who he was.

Muffled

Jesus in me
"And His name shalt be called Emmanuel--God with us"
images

Matthew 1:25
But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Where is Emmanuel???
Have you seen Emmanuel? Emmanuel!!!

BPfKqCTZhLI6A.webp

That what happens when people jump to conclusions - they could not explain what they are talking about.
View attachment 17570
Emmanuel Macron (President of France)
Emmanuel Jean‑Michel Frédéric Macron is the President of France ...
View attachment 17572
Emmanuel (Singer)
Emmanuel is the top Mexican singer who debuted in the 1970s. ...
View attachment 17574
Tommy Emmanuel (Guitarist)
Born: 31 May 1955 (age 61), Muswellbrook, Australia
Songs: Classical Gas, Guitar Boogie

Probably France, Mexico and Australia have these gods too?

I believe God is called by many names and so are men. There was a Jesus (at least one) between Isaiah's prophecy and the birth of Jesus of Nazareth but that one could not have been Immanuel because he was not God with us as Jesus of Nazareth is.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muffled said: I believe I am far beyond the point of learning scripture.
View attachment 17576

1 Corinthians 4:6
Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

Amplified Bible worded this:

Now I have applied these things [that is, the analogies about factions] to myself and Apollos for your benefit, believers, so that you may learn from us not to go beyond what is written [in Scripture], so that none of you will become arrogant and boast in favor of one [minister or teacher] against the other.

I believe you ought to try understanding what you read.
I cor. 4:7 ¶ For who maketh thee to differ? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? but if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory as if thou hadst not received it?

So whose understanding do you have? Was it received from God or is it your own? I receive mine from God and I certainly believe it is available to anyone who wants it. I believe if you can't receive then you shouldn't be judging me as deficient because I can receive.

I believe you do.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that Jesus was not God but in God for he was written as saying in John's gospel, 'the Father is greater than I' yet 'The Father is in I, and I in you, and you in me'. For Abrahamic faith reconciliation sakes, I put Jesus in the category of prophet: sent by God and returned to God as great prophet along the way from the beginning to the end and including Mohammed PBUH. Abraham was tested, Cain and Abel were tested, Noah was tested, Abraham and Sarai were tested, Sarah and Hagar were tested, Isaac and Ishmael were tested, Esau and Jacob, and Jacob to Israel was tested, and Joseph and the brothers 'Israel' were tested. God tests creation and contained in the record flows varied response. Jesus was led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Verse 11 reads: 'Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and ministered to him.' Therefore, in the temptation of Jesus, God was not present. God tests us and life is beautiful.

Welcome to RF.

I believe there are two ways to look at this. Jesus is not God in essence because the body which is part of Jesus is not God. However God is resident in Jesus giving Jesus the identity of God and we recognize identity by who is thinking, speaking and doing things.

I believe that is due to your being taught that or by being fooled by a false textual reference in the Qu'ran. The word "merely" a prophet is not in the text but was inserted as false text. I believe it makes sense for God to prophesy directly through Jesus, so of course He is a prophet.

I believe this does not follow from the premises.

MJFlores

I believe you ought to try understanding what you read.
I cor. 4:7 ¶ For who maketh thee to differ? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? but if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory as if thou hadst not received it?

So whose understanding do you have? Was it received from God or is it your own? I receive mine from God and I certainly believe it is available to anyone who wants it. I believe if you can't receive then you shouldn't be judging me as deficient because I can receive.

I believe you do.

What I believe is what the Lord Jesus Christ said about Himself that He is the ONE SENT by the one true God and that he is a man who heard the truth from God.

images

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” (John 17:3 NKJV)

“As it is, you are determined to kill me, A MAN WHO HAS TOLD YOU THE TRUTH that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things.” (John 8:40 NIV, emphasis mine).

At the point of death, even the people who murdered him said he is a man, the son of God.

Centurion.jpg

“And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, ‘Surely THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD!’” (Mark 15:39, NIV, emphasis mine).

After the apostles received the Holy Spirit they began preaching to the people of Jerusalem.

upload_2017-5-28_7-37-45.jpeg

“So, all the people of Israel should know this truly: GOD HAS MADE JESUS — THE MAN YOU NAILED TO THE CROSS — BOTH LORD AND CHRIST.” (Acts 2:36, New Century Version, emphasis mine)

“The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had murdered by hanging Him on a tree. GOD EXALTED THIS MAN TO HIS RIGHT HAND AS RULER AND SAVIOR, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” (Acts 5:30-31, Holman Christian Standard Bible, emphasis mine)

Even Paul preached Jesus to the Gentiles

upload_2017-5-28_7-41-40.jpeg

“For there is one God and ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MEN, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS” (I Timothy 2:5, NIV, emphasis mine)

So my understanding and my belief is the Lord Jesus Christ is truly a Man, not God.

arjuna

Welcome to RF.

I believe there are two ways to look at this. Jesus is not God in essence because the body which is part of Jesus is not God. However God is resident in Jesus giving Jesus the identity of God and we recognize identity by who is thinking, speaking and doing things.

I believe that is due to your being taught that or by being fooled by a false textual reference in the Qu'ran. The word "merely" a prophet is not in the text but was inserted as false text. I believe it makes sense for God to prophesy directly through Jesus, so of course He is a prophet.

I believe this does not follow from the premises.

'God gave Jesus the identity of God' ? yet identified as 'son': 'this is my son in whom I am well pleased' for example. Jesus told the Pharisees in John's gospel referencing OT text: 'you shall all be sons and daughters of God'. I am not affected by a false textual reference in the Quran. My passion is in reconciling the three faiths of Jew, Christian and Muslim. Reading von Rad and the documentary theory, the Hexateuch was a compilation of some three to five traditions woven into one. I believe Jesus' two writings in the sand in the disputed John 8 (woman brought in adultery) as Jesus 'before Abraham' encourages a reconciliation of historical narrative. It is a long shot to think how the Jewish OT content, the NT and Koran text could be blended into a shared historical narrative among the A faiths with the help of other faith traditions (Dalai Lama). But of course this call for peace and non division would probably cause an uproar. What do you think? My entry into this (I cannot find readers) is at www.lojongglue34.blogspot.com

Muffled

Jesus in me
'God gave Jesus the identity of God' ? yet identified as 'son': 'this is my son in whom I am well pleased' for example. Jesus told the Pharisees in John's gospel referencing OT text: 'you shall all be sons and daughters of God'. I am not affected by a false textual reference in the Quran. My passion is in reconciling the three faiths of Jew, Christian and Muslim. Reading von Rad and the documentary theory, the Hexateuch was a compilation of some three to five traditions woven into one. I believe Jesus' two writings in the sand in the disputed John 8 (woman brought in adultery) as Jesus 'before Abraham' encourages a reconciliation of historical narrative. It is a long shot to think how the Jewish OT content, the NT and Koran text could be blended into a shared historical narrative among the A faiths with the help of other faith traditions (Dalai Lama). But of course this call for peace and non division would probably cause an uproar. What do you think? My entry into this (I cannot find readers) is at www.lojongglue34.blogspot.com

I believe you might get excused if your English is not great. "giving" in this context does not mean donating but means resulting. In English we will say we add one to one giving us two. In the same way God being resident in Jesus results in His identity as God.

I believe you need to study what "son" means in this context. Son can mean many things in different contexts. For instance the Qu'ran states that God is "above having a son." I don't know what the Arabic inferences might be for the word translated as "having" but the logical thing that God is above having is physical intercourse with a woman to conceive a son.
That did not happen with Jesus so He is not a son in that context. However God did cause Mary to conceive so Jesus is a son in that context.

I believe you will have to provide a reference because that exact wording did not show up in a search. However if you are talking about John 10 then I do not see Jesus making that kind of statement.

I believe it is rational but there will be members of each faith that do not.

It appears to me that the Dalai Lama does not view things through a Buddhist lens but has his own light.

I believe the only people who truly have peace are Christians. That however does not keep the world from being antagonistic towards Christians.

TrueBeliever37

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

This is what I believe. First - There is no Trinity.

John 4:24 says God is a Spirit. Ephesians 4:4 says there is only one Spirit. God is Holy - he is the Holy Spirit. It is not another person.
God said in Joel 2:28 that in the last days he would pour out his Spirit on all flesh.

Matthew 1:18, 20 says that Mary was found with child of the Holy Spirit. That means the Holy Spirit is the Father of the child born.

Isaiah 9:6 was a prophecy that a son would be born, and he would be the mighty God, and the everlasting Father. So this child would be
both the Father and the son

Isn't that what the Messiah himself taught? He said I and my Father are one. John 10:30 When asked to show them the Father he said, He that
hath seen me hath seen the Father and how sayest thou, Show us the Father?
John 14: 7-9

God was manifest in the flesh. I Timothy 3:16 The fleshly body was called the son. The eternal Spirit dwelling in the body was God.
The scripture bears this out in many places such as: Col. 2:8.9 - For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. John 14:10 - The Father
that dwelleth in me
he does the works. II Corinthians 5:19 - God was in Messiah reconciling the world to himself.

God didn't have blood to shed for man's sins. So he willingly took on a body like ours that could feel pain, be tempted, and suffer death. He did it
to show us how much he loved us and to be an example for us.

The eternal Spirit of God can't die and it can't be tempted, but the fleshly body he took on could die and could be tempted. The reason there was a test
was because the devil was trying to keep the Messiah from being the perfect sacrifice. If he succeeded in causing him to sin, we wouldn't have the chance
for remission of our sins.

But, the Messiah took everything the devil could throw at him, and overcame and was victorious.

djhwoodwerks

John 4:24 says God is a Spirit. Ephesians 4:4 says there is only one Spirit. God is Holy - he is the Holy Spirit. It is not another person.

So God is going to send Himself? Jesus is talking about 2 different beings here.

John 14:26 (ESV Strong's) 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Jesus didn't say, GIVE, He said SEND.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Flores, even after I have been among you such a long time?

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart,
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God (PLURAL) is one LORD (SINGULAR): (In the Christian view, of course)

I believe the plural here does not support the Trinity, but the plural as the omnipotent power of God singular. This use of the plural is common in the OT.

Muffled

Jesus in me
[QUOTE="djhwoodwerks, post: 5255169, member: 57254"]So God is going to send Himself? Jesus is talking about 2 different beings here.

John 14:26 (ESV Strong's) 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Jesus didn't say, GIVE, He said SEND.[/QUOTE]

I believe it is quite logical for Him t send Himself since He can't come Himself. The concept of 2 beings is a false assumption that does not agree wit scripture.

I don't believe I understand what your point is since it make sense that it isn't a gift but a sending as foretold. Tongue is a gift. Peace, joy and love come by grace as the fruit of the Spirit.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe the plural here does not support the Trinity, but the plural as the omnipotent power of God singular. This use of the plural is common in the OT.

I believe the plural was used for things that are not finite. A rock is finite because it has borders and can be seen as one entity. A body of water is finite because it has borders but the water itself is referred to in the plural like saying waters. God is infinite so He is referred to in the Plural. God is everywhere so one might refer to the God in New York, in Paris, in Rome but He is not three Gods for being in three places but is still only one God.