• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Showed up Today...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yeah, what is impossible for a person who can raise the dead, cure blindness or leprosy in a jiffy, make the lame walk or move mountains? Only that he would not do it on request (Excuse: your faith was not strong).

Spiritual beings are here to further humanity's progress and are not concerned with doing things that would blow up humanity.

This was addressed in a fun way in the book Good Omens. The human antichrist who really isn't said: ‘I mean, there’s some stuff could do with alt’rin’, but then I expect people’d keep comin’ up to me and gettin’ me to sort out everythin’ the whole time and get rid of all the rubbish and make more trees for ’em, and where’s the good in all that?

Can you imagine the "smite those evil ********". "NO the other people are the evil ********, smite them" :eek:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Would he end up in a mental institution rather than have been executed?
Of course not ...

but definitely the majority would fail to recognize him and miss out on their "once in a life time chance", esp. on RF reading the replies here

firedragon

Veteran Member

I am not an expert. What I know is that there are many afterlives. It is not monolithic, and each person creates his or hers own after life. The focus is not really on the after life, it is on this life and how you mould this life will assist in shaping the next. I have read the the famous witch Robert Cochraine believed in a place he would go to when he died, a place created by himself and his own ancestors. Since there is no clergy per se though people like this Chchraine created his own clan, there is no central teaching.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

jesus_crazy.jpg
If Jesus showed up, nobody would know it was Jesus.

If Jesus returned to this world, how would you know it was Jesus?

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Yes, during the first time.

Something like this in one's own hometown:

1 Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. 2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.

“Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? 3 Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Just look at the post and realize that people haven't changed a bit. They probably would still crucify him.

Today, his family might have gone to court. Ruling him legally incompetent. At least avoiding a death penalty.
Jesus was tried for claiming to be King of the Jews. The Messiah.
Would any take such a claim seriously today?

I suspect not. Certainly not enough to consider it a capital crime.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

jesus_crazy.jpg
I feel I should bring up something about Raelism.

Rael once talked to a Jewish Rabbi and said, "If Moses were here today would you listen to him or keep using the Torah?" The Rabbi said, "The Torah."

Rael said, "That is the/a problem."

PruePhillip

In the US & UK he'd be vilified because he was black, a migrant.

Black? He was Jewish - at best he might have had an olive Mediterranean complexion, but no, not black.

ps Egyptians weren't black either - like all those of the Levant and Turkey these people were of European
descent. Arabs, the Johny-come-latelies, were of African descent, but even they weren't black either.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If Jesus returned from being a dead man as all humans as humans die not matter how special we think they are.... his genetic DNA man's body would be re expressed.

He would in fact be enabled to hear all past human DNA memories and prove to be very spiritual. As a man or even men.

If his DNA returned he would also hence prove atmospheric father Abba cloaking. The device human machine encoded causes encoded. Into atmospheric gas conversions.

To disappear then reappear as atmospheric causes. To be cloaked artificially.

Seeing cloaking was known in human sciences. Used in machine conditions again.

So then humans today would say actually you never died and you never really bodily disappeared. As the cloaking cause is active again.

Thanks for teaching me what human science magic is.

Seeing past lives are proven to be relived and remembered constantly.

At the same moment life would be stigmata dying unnaturally in various cell bleeding and cell converting effects.

And it has. Ebola.

So if earth is turning into a cloaking device and we are not machines then man as jesus warnings are about temple pyramid science nuclear effects and real.

lukethethird

unknown member
If Jesus Showed up Today...
We'll probably have to wait 40 years or so until we first read about his return, written by some anonymous author from who knows where.

Jacob Samuelson

jesus_crazy.jpg
The conundrum is that Jesus was a little over 30 when he was executed. His ministry was only about 3 years of his life. Jesus was very careful to be allowed the time he needed to get out the simple thing He wanted to say. It would be very probable that Jesus' second visitation be as how the Book of Revelations put it. He would wait for the time where the world would be in unbearably desperate need for a Savior. People would not have the luxury of calling him insane. Rather every knee would bow and every tongue confess He was the Christ. I hate to use this analogy, but sort of like an opposite Hitler. Jesus would come extremely popular because of need, and also because he was expected by his followers. BTW I only use Hitler because that dude was truly insane. I mean straight out of a mythical legend insane and if that crazy psychopath convinced nations that he was God, I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't have much problems doing the same. Not comparing the persons just the techniques.

RestlessSoul

Today, his family might have gone to court. Ruling him legally incompetent. At least avoiding a death penalty.
Jesus was tried for claiming to be King of the Jews. The Messiah.
Would any take such a claim seriously today?

I suspect not. Certainly not enough to consider it a capital crime.

It was Pilate who called him those things. He was framed, in other words, for appearing to threaten the status of the priestly class in Roman occupied Judea. Which makes it extremely ironic, that so many religious hierarchies have since used his name to justify their own worldly authority.

Jesus didn't seek out the rich, the privileged, or the powerful, to convey his message to. His ministry was to the poor and the downtrodden, the outsiders, the dispossessed. So unless you fit into one of those categories, you'd never even know he was here until he'd gone.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Reminds me of the movie "Messiah" on Netflix.

Kind of made you to want to believe but also created an element of doubt. He performed several miracles. Tricks a stage magician could probably pull off.

Makes me wonder if the Messiah showed up, whether I'd root for him or not. :shrug:

I'ld expect to be able to tell the difference between true magical power and stage magician tricks.

Let's say the magical appearance of a rabbit.

A stage magician will make the apparition happen inside some mysterious hat of which he will insist that it is "just an ordinary hat".
True magical power would not require such mysteriousness and could make the rabbit appear right before your eyes instead of in some mysterious, yet "ordinary", hidden compartment.

As for rooting for him.... That would entirely depend on what he says and if his actions match what he says.

Upon meeting such a fellow, I'll either be ecstatic, or scared sh!tless.
Ecstatic if I like what I hear and see.
Scared if otherwise.

Still a little scared either way though. Assuming human psychology, having such power would be real tempting to abuse to get ones way.