• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Showed up Today...

Altfish

Veteran Member
Black? He was Jewish - at best he might have had an olive Mediterranean complexion, but no, not black.

ps Egyptians weren't black either - like all those of the Levant and Turkey these people were of European
descent. Arabs, the Johny-come-latelies, were of African descent, but even they weren't black either.
You know what I was getting at, the comment still applies.

PruePhillip

Can you say that about someone who is divorced and remarried?
Jesus said that is adultery.
Could you say this if you were sleeping a 12 year old girl 'consenting' girl?
Could you say this if you were having an affair?

Truth be told all forms of non-heterosexual, non-married sexual 'systems'
were considered an abomination in the bible - and mostly came with the
death penalty.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Baha'i's leader was executed in 1850. I suppose he gathered a large enough following to be seen as a threat.

That was the Bab, the gate or Elijah always comes first. The Bab's Message was to prepare the world for Baha'u'llah.

Together they fulfill Biblical Prophecy regarding the end of age Messiah.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bahaollah died at the age of 75, but he was not the messiah. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a messiah. He died at the age of 73. Sayyed ʻAlí Muḥammad Shírází aka 'Bab', died young at the age of 31. He is termed as Messiah by Bahais.

Not quite, but you are close, well done, we are getting there slowly. :D;)

I think I have told you that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was taught the Message of the Bab and Baha'u'llah and was gifted many of their books in a trunk, which he lated said he had mastered. ;) He also changed his mind on a few subjects after studying the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

Just saying ;)

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm not sure, @Nakosis . On paper it sounds like he would, but there are often a whole bunch of additional nuances to the subject, too. Ones we probably can't figure out through old religious texts regarding his alleged character and statements.
What was bad about Jesus' character and statements, please?
Quran does not say anything wrong with him, rather Jesus has been portrayed as a bold, straightforward and exemplary person always much needed in the world for worldly peace as well as peace of mind in a spiritual way. Right?
Quran also praises Jesus' mother, his disciples and his truthful followers who were all steadfast in their faith. Right?

Regards

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What was bad about Jesus' character and statements, please?
Quran does not say anything wrong with him, rather Jesus has been portrayed as a bold, straightforward and exemplary person always much needed in the world for worldly peace as well as peace of mind in a spiritual way. Right?
Quran also praises Jesus' mother, his disciples and his truthful followers who were all steadfast in their faith. Right?

Regards

I was bringing into question not what the Scriptures say, but rather, whether they are accurate.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
But events described are not circular, please. There is no blur on Jesus' character.

Regards

There's still the chance the Scriptures aren't providing an accurate report. If we scrutinize the modern media and its article, why too can't we scrutinize the claims of books hundreds or thousands of years old?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Today, his family might have gone to court. Ruling him legally incompetent. At least avoiding a death penalty.
Jesus was tried for claiming to be King of the Jews. The Messiah.
Would any take such a claim seriously today?

I suspect not. Certainly not enough to consider it a capital crime.
LOL... I don't think that would happen... Jesus walked through the crowd that were going to stone him and confused the lawyers so that they couldn't touch him and when the law came for him, he willingly went AFTER they all fell to the ground.
He was, is and always will be the Messiah :)

Clara Tea

JESUS'S 2ND COMING:

Two thousand years ago, Jews looked like Arabs (before mixing with other races, like Germans). Jewish DNA is a strange mixture now, despite the ban on marrying outside of their faith.

Hmm....brown skin....a fence at the Mexican/American border.....deported. Speaks Spanish? Nope....they don't bother to check....they just deport.

But, before being deported, he'd be jobless and homeless, and treated as such. Police would find his meager possessions (Social Security card that would allow him to work, or green card) and toss them in the trash while kicking him out into the desert to fend for himself. Shelter for the homeless? Not in my back yard (abbreviated NIMBY). Laws are for the rich, not the poor.

Who is treating him this way? The Religious Right, which elected several of our recent presidents (Reagan, Bush Sr., Bush Jr., and Trump).

But shouldn't the Religious Right be for the teachings of Jesus? Environmental damage of God's environment so oil companies could greedily make more mammon (money). Tearing down rain forests for lumber, and telling people that logging roads are forest service roads to preserve them. The idea is that Christians will rapture to heaven, leaving behind a toxic waste planet, that they are done exploiting. Homeless people burgeoning and ignored. Empty homes, and many homeless. The rich will soon own everything then charge everyone else rent (at whatever price they choose).

Convinced that rapture is soon, Christians try to accelerate it (Reagan helped arm the Middle East to make it a powder keg, about to detonate into war). Reagan gave state-of-the-art fighter planes to Egypt. Bush Sr. bribed Iran not to interfere with US plans for 20 years (Obama forced to pay that terrorist nation to fulfill the bribe because it is a debt of the US).

God said "thou shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek" but the Religious Right confuses worship and "war ship." We have wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and W. Bush tried to make war in Niger by falsely accusing them of selling Uranium Yellow-Cake to Iraq. All these wars were unnecessary, since none were against terrorists.

The National Debt is huge and growing, and much of it is due to foul ups of the Religious Right presidents, blamed on Democrats.

God appointed psychics to convince people not to fight in Iraq. They were utterly ignored. I suppose that Christ, on his 2nd coming, would be ignored, as well.

Miracles? Miracles are a threat to national security. It means that some entity with super-human powers "might" some day pose a threat to the US (just as Iraq was thought to). Dissection to see what makes Christ tick? In carceration and torture at Guantanamo?

The Religious Right is so far out of touch with Christianity, that they wouldn't recognize the savior if he bit them on the.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Not quite, but you are close, well done, we are getting there slowly. :D;)

I think I have told you that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was taught the Message of the Bab and Baha'u'llah and was gifted many of their books in a trunk, which he lated said he had mastered. ;) He also changed his mind on a few subjects after studying the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

Just saying ;)
I am sure, 'Bab' and Bahaollah also read some books. Don't you think so? What is wrong in reading books? Even Rama and Krishna studied in schools. Rama with Valmiki and Krishna with Sandeepani. It is all 'leela', - world play.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Would he end up in a mental institution rather than have been executed?

jesus_crazy.jpg

Just because people thought he was insane doesn't mean he was.

Jesus today would find a culture that was increasingly hard to engage in a personal level. Before the lockdowns, people were still emotionally unavailable, spending large portions of their time with their faces in a portable console or smartphone.

I've looked at my big brother and his wife, and how ****ing checked out they both are. Their children are running around wild, and half the time they don't pay attention. Absentee parenting, and I don't blame them because I imagine it's more common than you'd think.

Jesus wasn't insane so much as a man who preached radical intimacy and honesty, in a world where people thought themselves civilized because they had the latest tech (Rome was actually very advanced, having everything from water systems that gave people hot baths to cement that is better than modern, to centrally heated rooms using warmed pillars, and they did all of this without electricity). He preached that mankind had lost something valuable in their quest to be civilized. And so he got to see just how "civilized" humanity was as they hung him from a pole and stabbed nails in his hands and feet.

Today, he'd have to learn to use the internet, because many of his audience was on Discord or Twitter or Facebook or Tinder... He'd get banned from several forums for saying something unpopular. So, he'd be forced back offline, where he'd engage with what people still had social ties. He'd go to the church, the library, and occasionally the mall. He'd stay off the hard preaching because now it is a crime to create public disturbances, instead trying to show people how to live the Gospel by being a kind and decent person. But not by being perfect ( "all have fallen short") but by being real. By being a person without a mask.
Then society would declare meeting in public wrong, drinking wine and even going to church unsafe, and browsing at a store off-limits. This is how Jesus gets crucified in the modern world. By being so cut off that he just gives up. Jesus says of end times, "Behold I stand at the door and knock." Jesus comes again to find a world that sprays him down for infections if they welcome him at all. That increasingly chooses government over perfect freedom.

Jeremiah Ames

Can you say that about someone who is divorced and remarried?
Jesus said that is adultery.
Could you say this if you were sleeping a 12 year old girl 'consenting' girl?
Could you say this if you were having an affair?

Truth be told all forms of non-heterosexual, non-married sexual 'systems'
were considered an abomination in the bible - and mostly came with the
death penalty.
Most all people look at the Bible as a guide to history, science, economics, meteorology, geology, and virtually anything and everything else that they can find that they can use to point a finger at someone else.

I wonder where those kinds of people go, to get spiritual information, about how to look inside and fix the ills within themselves. Perhaps that’s the problem, they think they have nothing to fix, so it becomes necessary to fix everybody else.