• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Died...

nPeace

Veteran Member
No, we don't understand that Jesus was no longer spirit in man, he was both human and divine in one miraculous person on earth.
Since we are using scriptures, please quote the scripture(s) that says this.

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us."
"The Word became flesh". Thank you.
Not the Word became "spirit in man".
That is John 1:14

Jesus was never "spirit in man".

Philippians 2:7 says, No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human.
"He emptied himself and became human".
Not he became "both human and divine".

So, if we are going by scripture, your view would be incorrect.
In fact, Jesus himself prayed to his father to receive again what he gave up - his divine nature.
(John 17:4, 5)
4 I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.

Colt

Since we are using scriptures, please quote the scripture(s) that says this.

"The Word became flesh". Thank you.
Not the Word became "spirit in man".
That is John 1:14

Jesus was never "spirit in man".

Philippians 2:7 says, No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human.
"He emptied himself and became human".
Not he became "both human and divine".

So, if we are going by scripture, your view would be incorrect.
In fact, Jesus himself prayed to his father to receive again what he gave up - his divine nature.
(John 17:4, 5)
4 I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.
We are all spiritual beings having a human experience. But we started out in time, Jesus already lived from the eternal past. When humans die our bodies return to dust, we are unconscious until the resurrection in heaven. Jesus was still conscious after the death of his body because his spirit is eternal and divine.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
We are all spiritual beings having a human experience. But we started out in time, Jesus already lived from the eternal past. When humans die our bodies return to dust, we are unconscious until the resurrection in heaven. Jesus was still conscious after the death of his body because his spirit is eternal and divine.
According to Colt. ...and your source is...? A spirit?

Colt

According to Colt. ...and your source is...? A spirit?
My source is the Bible, you should study it more.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

New International Version

Believers Who Have Died​

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Here's what I see from the Bible: the son of God's life was transferred from heaven where he had been with his Father to Mary's womb. He was not an adult in the womb. I say this because some people think Jesus had an adult brain when he was an infant. He grew miraculously in a woman's womb except that his mother was a virgin when she conceived and the Father in heaven enabled the growth of his son by holy spirit.
Well, that sounds reasonable. It's the kind of thing you see happening all the time, isn't it?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I'd like to know what you think about Jesus being the Son of God. Jesus has a father in heaven.

Colt

I'd like to know what you think about Jesus being the Son of God. Jesus has a father in heaven.
I believe that Jesus, aka Christ Michael, is a Creator Son. He has always had a Father in heaven. The Father delegates powers to his Son(s) and in turn to their Son(s). Christ Michael is the creator of our world and many others. He brought into being many Sons of various powers and responsibilities.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
My source is the Bible, you should study it more.
Says the guy who makes an outrageous claim, then when asked for scriptural support, pulls out a random verse which has nothing to do with anything he asserted.

Copied and pasted the entire text from Bible Gateway too... the first result from the google search.
You know that's not called study, right.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17​

New International Version​

Believers Who Have Died​

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
Why did you post this at all? You could have well had quoted John 3:16.
This text does not even hint at anything remotely near "We are all spiritual beings... But we started out in time, Jesus already lived from the eternal past... Jesus was still conscious after the death of his body because his spirit is eternal and divine."

Colt

Says the guy who makes an outrageous claim, then when asked for scriptural support, pulls out a random verse which has nothing to do with anything he asserted.

Copied and pasted the entire text from Bible Gateway too... the first result from the google search.

This text does not even hint at anything remotely near "We are all spiritual beings... But we started out in time, Jesus already lived from the eternal past... Jesus was still conscious after the death of his body because his spirit is eternal and divine."

I said: " When humans die our bodies return to dust, we are unconscious until the resurrection in heaven."

You snarked: "According to Colt. ...and your source is...? A spirit?"

I quoted the Bible concerning the sleep of death part:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

I see you deliberately omitted the relevant part relative to my reply.

Colt

The claim is only outrageous to those ignorant of the scripture while talking down to others.

Thessalonians 5:23

“And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

nPeace

Veteran Member
The Bible helps us to see...
  • The teaching that the person does not die, is Satanic. Genesis 3:4
  • It promotes the lie of Satan - the Father of the lie. John 8:44
  • Satan's ministers are being used to spread this false teaching - a teaching of demons. 2 Corinthians 11:15

(1 Peter 3:18) . . .For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.

(1 Corinthians 15:12, 13) 12 Now if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how is it that some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up. 

Colt

The Bible helps us to see...
  • The teaching that the person does not die, is Satanic. Genesis 3:4
  • It promotes the lie of Satan - the Father of the lie. John 8:44
  • Satan's ministers are being used to spread this false teaching - a teaching of demons. 2 Corinthians 11:15

(1 Peter 3:18) . . .For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.

(1 Corinthians 15:12, 13) 12 Now if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how is it that some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up. 
I have no faith in a Satan God. Human bodies die, the salvaged sons of God are resurrected in a new form. Those who aren't saved will be destroyed, no record that they ever existed.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I said: " When humans die our bodies return to dust, we are unconscious until the resurrection in heaven."
You said more than that. I asked for a source to what you said. Not part... and what you conveniently inserted for reasons unknown to me.

You snarked: "According to Colt. ...and your source is...? A spirit?"

I quoted the Bible concerning the sleep of death part:

I see you deliberately omitted the relevant part relative to my reply.
Actually, you just admitted that you deliberately omitted the relevant parts relative to your reply... which was concerning Jesus' death.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I have no faith in a Satan God. Human bodies die, the salvaged sons of God are resurrected in a new form. Those who aren't saved will be destroyed, no record that they ever existed.
Humans die. The reason your body has no life, is because your life is gone - aka you die.

Colt

Humans die. The reason your body has no life, is because your life is gone - aka you die.
Of course, humans die and or are translated directly to heaven like Enoch and Elijah, but we are spiritual beings having a human experience, you thought that was an outrageous idea.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

(7) Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Of course, humans die and or are translated directly to heaven like Enoch and Elijah, but we are spiritual beings having a human experience, you thought that was an outrageous idea.
Here you are telling someone they need to study the Bible more, and you do not know that nobody died and went to heaven until after Jesus' resurrection.

You read the words "He was no more, for God took him", and you translate that to "he died and went to heaven".
Actually, I don't believe you studied it for yourself. I believe someone told you that.
I consider you a person that has more intelligence than that

Moreover, if you studied the scripture, you would know that Elijah was transfered, or relocated, from which place he wrote a letter.
The people who tell you these things are only superficial Bible readers. They are like those babes Paul spoke about, who can only handle milk.

I can help you exceed them.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

(7) Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.
Very good.
Maybe you can answer a question @Betho_br couldn't seem to handle.
Can you please explain this scripture to me... basically the part about the spirit.
(Psalm 104:29) When you hide your face, they are disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they die and return to the dust.

Colt

Here you are telling someone they need to study the Bible more, and you do not know that nobody died and went to heaven until after Jesus' resurrection.

You read the words "He was no more, for God took him", and you translate that to "he died and went to heaven".
Actually, I don't believe you studied it for yourself. I believe someone told you that.
I consider you a person that has more intelligence than that

Moreover, if you studied the scripture, you would know that Elijah was transfered, or relocated, from which place he wrote a letter.
The people who tell you these things are only superficial Bible readers. They are like those babes Paul spoke about, who can only handle milk.

I can help you exceed them.

Very good.
Maybe you can answer a question @Betho_br couldn't seem to handle.
Can you please explain this scripture to me... basically the part about the spirit.
(Psalm 104:29) When you hide your face, they are disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they die and return to the dust.
No, I never said Enoch or Elijah died a normal death, they were translated to heaven. They had pleased God on earth and were finished their spiritual growth here. Elijah's body was consumed by spiritual flames the instant that he went to heaven.

2Kings2

11 As they were walking along and talking, behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Hebrews 11

"By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I believe that Jesus, aka Christ Michael, is a Creator Son. He has always had a Father in heaven. The Father delegates powers to his Son(s) and in turn to their Son(s). Christ Michael is the creator of our world and many others. He brought into being many Sons of various powers and responsibilities.
And he is called the son because he's either equal to his father or just has that designation?

YoursTrue

No, I never said Enoch or Elijah died a normal death, they were translated to heaven. They had pleased God on earth and were finished their spiritual growth here. Elijah's body was consumed by spiritual flames the instant that he went to heaven.

2Kings2

11 As they were walking along and talking, behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Hebrews 11

"By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
If I don't see death it means to me that I died without knowing I was dying, like instantly or maybe in my sleep.