• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Died...

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
1 John 2:2

For all of Man's sins, aren't we all then redeemed?
The payment made in full. Nothing else is being asked of us.

To say God asks anything else from us, isn't this denying the payment Jesus already made?
You don't get a gift if you reject it. My Dad gave me a piece of land but I still had to accept it. Grace isn't forced on anyone.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

To say God asks anything else from us, isn't this denying the payment Jesus already made?
Jesus did not die a cursed death on the Cross so all Pauline-Christianity people (32000+ denominations of them including JWs and Mormons) must please note it that Jesus did not die for redemption of anybody's else's sins, please . Right?

Regards

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You don't get a gift if you reject it. My Dad gave me a piece of land but I still had to accept it. Grace isn't forced on anyone.

Not the way it usually works.
If I pay my son's debt, it is paid.
I can afford it, he can't but regardless the debt and the person that held the debt are satisfied.
He can do whatever he wants or do nothing. Ignore me and the debt completely.

But ok, where does it say in the Bible that we have to accept this payment for the payment to have been made.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Jesus did not die a cursed death on the Cross so all Pauline-Christianity people (32000+ denominations of them including JWs and Mormons) must please note it that Jesus did not die for redemption of anybody's else's sins, please . Right?

Regards

I don't know, wasn't there.
What is your source?

However it is pretty standard Christian theology.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Regards

So you're saying all them Christians is wrong?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What payment?

I like how Christians say in contradictory terms that Jesus died, and then afterwards say he's alive.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What payment?

I like how Christians say in contradictory terms that Jesus died, and then afterwards say he's alive.
Some Christians.
There are Christians who say God(Jesus) died i.e. killed himself on the cross to free man from God.

For God so loved the world that he sacrificed himself so that man would not have to pay for his sin.
That's kind of nice right. Your Dad offs himself so you won't be forced to face him for punishment.