• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God exists, than why its God's responsibility to prove his existence ?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Of coure this universe is chaotic and in no-order, I don't know what made you to think that this universe is perfect. :)

I don't know about you, but I'm not prepared for giant piano to spawn above me and crush me in order to give me the tail of a pony's head.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Actually, I didn't understood what do you mean by this :)

If the universe was chaotic, nothing would be understood. You would never expect anything coming. Nothing could be predictable. There's always a 50/50 chance for everything, including a piano falling on top of you at any random moment and that making you grow a tail.

ruffen

If the universe was chaotic, nothing would be understood. You would never expect anything coming. Nothing could be predictable. There's always a 50/50 chance for everything, including a piano falling on top of you at any random moment and that making you grow a tail.

The way I see it, a universe with one or more Gods is the unpredictable and chaotic alternative. That is the universe where a scientist cannot be certain if he or she just discovered the Higgs boson or if it's just God or Satan or an angel intervening for some reason and messing with the data.

In a universe with one or more gods, devils, angels etc. which are per definition beings who can "make stuff not follow the laws of nature" is a universe where anything can happen at any time.

Last edited:

ruffen

But what I think chinu meant was that the universe is not "ordered" in a fashion that suggests a deity. The Earth is not at the center, catastrophic stuff happens all the time, and it's an enormous "waste" of space, time and energy if it was all intelligently designed.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
If God exists, than why do you think that its "God's" responsibility to prove "His" existence ?

It is his responsibility to prove his existence 1) If he wants people to know that he exists and 2) especially if he decides to make salvation conditional upon belief in his existence.

Otherwise, if he could care less, then he has no responsibility.

chinu

chinu
1) If he wants people to know that he exists and
No, he doesn't want people to know him.
2) especially if he decides to make salvation conditional upon belief in his existence.
Nor, he want that people should get salvation.

Can you please explain from where people got these ideas of knowing God, or salvation ? :)

chinu

chinu
Human understanding is limited which is not always correct, yes we can expect anything coming, but we cannot be sure anything coming.

Thus, to understand this universe as chaotic is to understand this universe, indeed. :)

chinu

chinu
But what I think chinu meant was that the universe is not "ordered" in a fashion that suggests a deity. The Earth is not at the center, catastrophic stuff happens all the time, and it's an enormous "waste" of space, time and energy if it was all intelligently designed.
Actually what i mean is to understand this universe as chaotic is to understand this universe, indeed. :)

FranklinMichaelV.3

No, he doesn't want people to know him.

Nor, he want that people should get salvation.

Can you please explain from where people got these ideas of knowing God, or salvation ? :)

Which is merely your view unless you have access to the divine yourself. There would be plenty who disagree with you. If you're talking about the God concept then you're talking about what you believe or your group believes. But we can't talk about actual God. Because there is no way to go beyond the concept in our head.

It's why when people describe God there are variations. I've heard loving, wrathfully, all encompassing, personal, impersonal, jealous, envious, benevolent, holy, caring, uncaring etc.

FranklinMichaelV.3

For what ? :)

Asking for what doesn't make your stance any more valid than what others have said.

Can you prove that what you know about god is the only view held?

Whose responsibility is it to take care of its creation? The creation or the creator?

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
Asking for what doesn't make your stance any more valid than what others have said.

Can you prove that what you know about god is the only view held?

Whose responsibility is it to take care of its creation? The creation or the creator?
Actually, i didn't understood what are you asking, can you please rephrase it ?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
If God exists, than why do you think that its "God's" responsibility to prove "His" existence ?

If God demands to be worshipped, and if God demands that you believe in him to be saved, then it's God's responsibility to make himself known.

But since he isn't, God either doesn't exist or God is something different than people make him/her/it out to be.