• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God exists, than why its God's responsibility to prove his existence ?

chinu

chinu
If God exists, than why do you think that its "God's" responsibility to prove "His" existence ?

FranklinMichaelV.3

Depends on what creed you believe in. Many who do not believe in God do so because of lack of evidence, their cultural background, and many other factors. If these people are to be condemned to hell or some sort if punishment, then it would stand that a benevolent diety would simply make themselves obvious to stop that and not only that it would truly preserve the concept of free will.

If you don't believe in hell or the Like it doesn't matter.

Though there is more to it then that. The conflict between world religions would also be resolved. Not just the external conflicts but the internal ones started by doctrine. It would appear that a diety who does not reveal their existence does not care about the death of its creations by other creations who believe in the same thing but differ in doctrine.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
If God exists, than why do you think that its "God's" responsibility to prove "His" existence ?

That depend on if god cares if we know him or not, and what that means. It also matters what other claims come with said god. Ie holy books etc

chinu

chinu
Depends on what creed you believe in. Many who do not believe in God do so because of lack of evidence, their cultural background, and many other factors. If these people are to be condemned to hell or some sort if punishment, then it would stand that a benevolent diety would simply make themselves obvious to stop that and not only that it would truly preserve the concept of free will.

If you don't believe in hell or the Like it doesn't matter.

Though there is more to it then that. The conflict between world religions would also be resolved. Not just the external conflicts but the internal ones started by doctrine. It would appear that a diety who does not reveal their existence does not care about the death of its creations by other creations who believe in the same thing but differ in doctrine.
Friend,
My question is.. if God exists, than why its God's responsibility to prove his existence, rathar than.. why don't people believe in God's existence.

I hope you have readed my question properly. :)

FranklinMichaelV.3

Friend,
My question is.. if God exists, than why its God's responsibility to prove his existence, rathar than.. why don't people believe in God's existence.

But those are linked. People do not believe because God has not made its presence obvious. And it becomes gods responsibility because there is. Supposed punishment for not believing in God. As such it is Gods responsibility because revealing its presence would result in far less suffering.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Friend,

The key word is "if". "If" equates to uncertainty.

IF I can fly, why should I have to prove it to anyone for them to believe me? Why don't people simply believe me?

Because extraordinary clams require extraordinary evidence.

chinu

chinu
That depend on if god cares if we know him or not,
Why doesn't it depends on if one cares to know him or not ?
and what that means. It also matters what other claims come with said god. Ie holy books etc
People can do anything for the sake of their fake religious buisness, But, can you please give me just one single example from any holy book where it is written that God cares people to know him ? :)

FranklinMichaelV.3

Why doesn't it depends on if one cares to know him or not ?
People can do anything for the sake of their fake religious buisness, But, can you please give me just one single example from any holy book where it is written that God cares people to know him ? :)

Pretty sure the bible says not to worship any God but him? So God does want people to know him. Unless you're using know as a synonym for understand. To which Paul mentions those who know/believe have the veil lifted from their eyes.

chinu

chinu
And it becomes gods responsibility because there is. Supposed punishment for not believing in God. As such it is Gods responsibility because revealing its presence would result in far less suffering.
People can say anything for the sake of their false religious buisness, But have you ever realized any such punishement, or any reward that is given to you by God for believing, or not believing him ? :)

chinu

chinu
Pretty sure the bible says not to worship any God but him? So God does want people to know him. Unless you're using know as a synonym for understand. To which Paul mentions those who know/believe have the veil lifted from their eyes.
As already being said that people can do anything for the sake of their false religious buisness. Thus, am sure you are getting the wrong translation. :)

FranklinMichaelV.3

As already being said that people can do anything for the sake of their false religious buisness. Thus, am sure you are getting the wrong translation. :)

You asked for a Holy Book Christians believe the bible to be holy now I know that you may believe they are wrong but they in turn would say the same for you.

Now you can call it false but it would appear that when two sides are saying the other is wrong over theology that the simplest answer is both sides are wrong.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
That because i beg you to teach me fly :)
Why should I?
I am the one who can fly. There is none other like me.
However, a friend of mine is writing on book about me, and how you can strive to be like me. And if you study and believe hard enough, perhaps one day you will have the courage to step of a cliff and test your faith.

ruffen

I think that it might not be God's responsibility to prove his existence, but if the world's big religious texts are to be taken seriously (which they aren't IMO), then it is obvious that God wants to be worshipped and has a desire for humans to believe in him and follow his rules. And in light of that, it should be a very simple matter for the one who created space, time, the cosmos, the Earth and us, to just show that he is real.

And at least one should expect that he wouldn't work so hard to hide his tracks and mask his existence. Examples:

- DNA shows us to be related to other animals
- Fossils show the same
- Plate tectonics show continents slowly drifting apart
- Old fossils and current DNA show bands of species related where continents once were joined millions of years ago, and the timing in the fossil record conincides with the direction and speed of the continents and calculations on when they were joined together
- Light arrives from galaxies far away indicating a very old and large universe - was it planted 6,000 years ago as photons from fake galaxies heading in our direction?
- Everything in the universe, from the Earth's round shape to evolution of life, show absolutely no signs of divine interventions, but just objects following physical and chemical laws that do not change

If God created everything one would expect that he wouldn't meticulously make it appear that everything had arisen naturally.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

It's not God's responsibility; it's YOURS. If you're going to make claims about God, then it's up to you to demonstrate his existence.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation

Let's say I have a new car and decide to show it to my friend. When I point to an empty parking space and there was nothing there. He might ask "where is the car." I say "its right there". "I don't see it. Where is it?" he asks. "Its just there" I respond. "Well how do you know its there". "The salesman told me it was" I respond...

Simply put, before I get into the magical school bus I need to see it first.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Because if there's a crowd of people who don't believe I exist, I'm the only one who can show the actuality of my existence - no pictures, no videos, nothing can prove it besides me.

And I think God just doesn't find it necessary that God exists, God just finds it necessary that we know God has a way.

johnhanks

This gets the whole question backwards. If god existed, why shouldn't its existence be as obvious to us as the earth and the stars? What reason would it have to hide itself?