• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God existed would there be proof?

Kfox

Hmmph.
All you are doing is trying to deflect the underlying cause of climate-change, by claiming it is everybody [ the masses ] who is responsible for emissions, and so usury plays no part.
No; I’m making the point that the wealthier the middle class becomes, the more people will be able to afford to drive cars, and will be able to afford to fly on Airplanes. These type of luxuries is what cause the majority of emissions. The ability to afford a car or an airline ticket is hardly the super rich you were referring to I would guess.

night912

Ah .. another denier, I see.
See the previous post #677
Ah.......another instance of posting articles containing information that one is ignorant of, I see.

People will remain being ignorant whenever they post articles thinking that its contains the information that they want it to contain.

muhammad_isa

No; I’m making the point that the wealthier the middle class becomes, the more people will be able to afford to drive cars, and will be able to afford to fly on Airplanes. These type of luxuries is what cause the majority of emissions. The ability to afford a car or an airline ticket is hardly the super rich you were referring to I would guess.
Mumble, mumble.
Many people in the world struggle to eat, never mind transport.

setarcos

The hopeful or the hopeless?
Each generation tends to feel the same, and yet we're still here almost 2000 years after those words were uttered.

So, my point is that when and if it happens, I'm prepared.
I'm glad for you. Many will be unprepared. The exact timing has been declared in scripture to be the sole decision of the Father. However its also clear from scripture that signs of the quickening to the end times will be given.
Its true the more we try to predict the coming of Christ the closer we get to mere speculation. Time and time again those who thought they knew were proven wrong.
Its also true that never in history has the entirety of our species been so globally effected by events taking place now. Never in our history have we been in a position to effect our own existence on a global scale. Never in history but the past few generations have we learned so much in so little time and never in history have we been so secure in our progress while creating at the same time ever more ways of destroying that progress in an instant.
I don't claim to know the time. As its been said...no one can. All I'm claiming is that it sure seems that history is in the midst of a quickening towards global disaster made worse by those who tout the so called progresses society has accomplished as proof against the former.
How quickly is this quickening progressing though? No clue.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The great architect designer a man one self yet many men agreed.

The men's owned god concept designer scientist. Large body of one man as men.

Is there a God?

Not when you are allowed to invent by design as science.

All problems designer architect civilization builder men. Who introduced invention for a rich man's lifestyle gain by his families slavery.

Everytime he wanted to increase rich gain our life style changed.

So he preached don't complain look at the lifestyle you have all gained.

At earths natural detriment.

Is not rationally intelligent.

So he has been named satanist...scientist...destroyer. the rich man's brother agreement I have dominion over all things.

My concept I will know understand name everything as men then own control manipulate it.

Is there a God? No. You remove it daily.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I think you've hit the nail on the head .. "without destroying the global economy" .. that's your top priority isn't it?

No, but you seem uninterested in facts or the truth. Do you think destroying the global economy in favour of archaic superstition is a sound move?

What you call "the global economy", however, is more about privileged nations such as the G7, I would say.

Yes but your rabid faux working class hero routine is risible bs. You seem to think we will enter some golden age of egalitarian freedom by destroying global capitalist economics, oddly though beyond vague references to your woo woo superstitious beliefs, you haven't actually said what is going to replace it? Quelle surprise...

It is quite obvious to me, that mankind cannot continue consuming ever increasing amounts of fossil fuels.

If anything were obvious to you, you might realise fossil fuels are a finite resource, thus it would be mathematically impossible to contuse using "ever increasing amounts," but hey why trouble your pretty little head with facts now. How about about we dumb this right down, lets say there is enough resources to produce food and clean water on the planet to sustain X amount of people, what happens when pass X? Any thoughts?

One step at a time. I don't envisage the majority of people giving up their privileged status due to usury any time soon.

They're a majority now, the percentage is getting higher each time you indulge one of your hyperbolic rants. :D

The population increases and decreases for a variety of reasons.

The global population is increasing exponentially, you do know what that word means right?

In the case of the near future, I envisage war and disease will cause it to decrease.

So no need to worry then. :rolleyes: Personally I'd prefer a more empathetic solution that mass deaths through war and disease, but then I'm a heathen, who actually cares about the general well being.

i.e. Things will get worse, before they get better :(

Ok one more time then...things can't get better unless we find some way to address the exponentially increasing human population. Hopefully with something other than war and pestilence. Like I don't know, making an attempt to eradicate poverty in developing nations, ensuring women globally are not chained to their reproductive cycles, making sure every child on the planet has access to a proper education, just off the top of my head.

You could trying praying for it of course? I'm dubious though, especially if your crazy notion to eradicate usury ends the motive to offer credit, as we might as well all get a large rock each and fight it out in the streets. :rolleyes:

muhammad_isa

If anything were obvious to you, you might realise fossil fuels are a finite resource, thus it would be mathematically impossible to contuse using "ever increasing amounts,"
We have been consuming ever increasing amounts, ever since the industrial revolution.
It is also obvious that fossil fuels are finite, and something has to give one way or another.
At the moment, year on year, annual consumption is still increasing.

Try to make me look foolish as you wish, but the only foolish ones here is those that deny truth.

muhammad_isa

No; if empirical evidence was presented, we would believe it.
That is very similar to a climate denier who claims there is no evidence, and that "the scientists" are bearing false witness.

It is not that hard for us to convince ourselves to believe one thing or another. That is part of the denial process.

I grant you, that it can work both ways.
i.e. both believer and disbeliever can fool themselves

..but somebody who repeatedly claims that there is no evidence of a supreme being is letting themselves down, imo.
A person who is not particularly religious, is another thing.

There is reams of evidence. It is just that you want to claim that there is reasonable doubt, and please yourselves.