• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Donald were a Democrat...

Would you support Donald's Fraudulent means to enact your political hopes?

• Yes! The end justifies the means.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure. Even though I'm a Christian, lying for Christ is acceptable.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Donald Trump were a Democrat and used all his lying, and fabrications, and fraudulent manipulations to push through the Democratic platform's agenda, trampling the Constitution underfoot, attempting to steal the election from the Republicans, and seize absolute power over all three branches of government for the sake of the things you believed in a Democrat, would you support him? Would you throw integrity down the toilet for the sake of getting what you wanted politically?

exchemist

Veteran Member
If Donald Trump were a Democrat and used all his lying, and fabrications, and fraudulent manipulations to push through the Democratic platform's agenda, trampling the Constitution underfoot, attempting to steal the election from the Republicans, and seize absolute power over all three branches of government for the sake of the things you believed in a Democrat, would you support him? Would you throw integrity down the toilet for the sake of getting what you wanted politically?
What is meant by "Truth at the expense of integrity is no price to pay"?

Jeremiah Ames

No answer makes sense to me.

But all three might work for a donald supporter, I don’t know.

Does it matter what party a person is in?

Supporting donald requires only one characteristic, imo.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I've just been through this, in the election in Canada. I am a Liberal -- I support the Liberal party and have voted (mostly) Liberal throughout my long life. In our most recent election -- which happened just this past Monday -- I voted Conservative. I could no longer support the vanity and dishonesty of the Liberal leader (and Prime Minister), and felt that I could honestly support much of the agenda of the Conservative party and its leader.

I am a slave to my own ethics -- not to any political party.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is meant by "Truth at the expense of integrity is no price to pay"?
Yeah, that was confusing. I tried to edit that, but it wouldn't let me. That means the truth of what we believe in, at the expensive of integrity, more or less.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, that was confusing. I tried to edit that, but it wouldn't let me. That means the truth of what we believe in, at the expensive of integrity, more or less.
You can ask the moderators to edit it for you.

(So tempted to check the last one since it appears to be anonymous)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Donald Trump was a Democrat.

Twilight Hue

See? He couldn't get votes from Democrats because they had too much integrity. So he became a Republican, who would be willing sell their soul to the devil. Proof is in the pudding.
Or they drove him mad and is out for blood.

Yerda

Veteran Member
If I was convinced he would be the first step toward what I'd like to see happen?

I won't lie, I'd have to think about that.

Twilight Hue

lol. His father drove him mad, and that's why the whole world is now suffering. Poor broken mad Donald.
His niece says he's mad as well. Trump is now suing her.

Quite a family.

Reminds me of the saying that you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends.

Yerda

Veteran Member
His niece says he's mad as well. Trump is now suing her.

Quite a family.

Reminds me of the saying that you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends.
Can't vote for the family you get but you can vote for the pres...wait, never mind.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I see. But isn't that just repeating the ends justify the means point, i.e. that the "truth" one subscribes to is more important than the avoidance of dirty tricks to spread it?

But overall I feel these questions of yours suggest a misunderstanding about why so many people were appalled by Trump. It was not just tribal politics. It was precisely because Trump engaged in constant lies and the stirring up of hatred, i.e. the political ends of the Republican party "justifying" the disgusting and socially destructive means. As far as Trump himself, I don't think he had any ideological drive, really. He was interested in power to feed his grotesque and fragile ego, and in spreading hate, because he is basically an evil person. He adopted short-term policies and causes that served these personal ends of his, as he saw that that was his best route to the power he craved.

No previous Republican president (and Bush Junior was pretty ghastly) has attracted anything like the same levels of disgust - and indeed fear for the future of US democracy itself. That is evidence that the antipathy towards Trump was something unique to him. And understandably so. There is no great mystery about it.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Donald Trump was a Democrat.
Perhaps he was. But he realized he could not get elected dog catcher running on the Democrat ticket. The general Dem population does not have millions of easily swayed one-cause (abortion) evangelists. The general Dem population does not have millions of gullible undereducated people that believe he can eg. restore coal miners' jobs. The general Dem population does not have millions of anti-immigration isolationists. I could go on, but you should get the picture - he did.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
upload_2021-9-27_23-9-21.jpeg