1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ideas concerning the cross. || JESUS ADHERENTS ONLY.

Discussion in 'Same Faith Debates' started by Desert Snake, Jun 30, 2017.

1. djhwoodwerks

djhwoodwerks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    In other words, you can't refute my last posts, correct? I will start a new thread if you would like to keep going.

That just applies to me, correct? I mean, it's not at all possible for you to be wrong, right.

Thank you for not calling me a complete liar! There must be some validity to what I have said.

I will if you will! Witnesses are always pointing their fingers at all other religions, but won't point them back at their own. Always making justification for their teachers errors and condemning other religions for theirs.
    You say this without ever asking if I celebrate holidays. My, my! But you don't judge people, do you?

That's where you're wrong Deeje, only the unrighteous are judged. I thought I already showed you that. :shrug:

John 5:28-29 (ESV Strong's) Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

How can a person who is not guilty of a crime have to face a judge? If we repent and ask for forgiveness for our sins, God is "just and faithful to forgive us", if He forgives us, why do we have to appear in front of Him as judge? And, as your "Spirit led" teachers claim,

*** bh p. 214 par. 3 Judgment Day—What Is It? ***
    Are these scrolls the record of people’s past deeds? No, the judgment will not focus on what people did before they died. How do we know that? The Bible says: “The one who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” (Romans 6:7) Those resurrected thus come to life with a clean slate, so to speak.

Judgment will not focus on what we do before we die, correct? And if we are acquitted of our sins when we die, how can we be judged for them?

I'll tell you one more time, NOT everyone is called/appointed to preach or teach Deeje. God has appointed teachers for the church. If everyone is supposed to be doing it, why would God appoint those teachers? Witnesses don't go out "preaching" they go out recruiting. You go out telling people about how bad the world is and that God has a plan for the FUTURE to make everything good.[/user]

2. djhwoodwerks

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    Do you?

3. djhwoodwerks

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    Where will I find "paradise earth" in the Bible?

4. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +582
    Religion:
    Christian
    All throughout the Bible.

5. djhwoodwerks

Ratings:
    +776
    Religion:
    Christian
    The question was, "WHERE in the Bible will I find paradise earth?"

6. 12jtartar

12jtartar Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Religion:
    Christian

7. Hockeycowboy

Hockeycowboy Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,362
    Religion:
    Christian
    If I may add my two cents....not even we ourselves believe the teachings we espoused 100 years ago. it’s been refined....so many differences! We now recognize that there’s a hope for living here on Earth forever, Isaiah 45:18, Psalms 115:16, Matthew 5:5, Revelation 21:3-4 (before 1935, we thought the hope was only heaven); we at one time celebrated holidays....I mean, it goes on and on!

I guess the one constant, has been exalting Jehovah as God, elevating His worship.

Here’s one:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011648?q=he+opted+for+Jehovah&p=par

The whole article is interesting!