• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think people believed people's spirits were underground when they died.

Frank Goad

In 1 Samuel 28:8 it looked like Saul believed a familiar spirit could call up Samuel's ghost from under the ground.

In Isaiah 14:9-11 Isaiah told the King of Babylon that hell under the ground was ready for his death.

In Isaiah 29:4 It says someone is suppose to die.And their voice will come out of the ground.

And in 1 Samuel 28:9-14
.The witch of endor says right out she sees Samuel's ghost come out of the ground.

I think people believed people's spirits were underground when they died.I agree.Do you agree or disagree?:)

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
There is an association between death and an underworld in many cultures and worldviews such as ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Norse religions and theology. I personally don't believe in an afterlife, though.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
People believe all kinds of things! There’s no end…

Many years ago I had a guy tell me he thought people’s “souls” went to Sun, to keep it burning. (All I can say is, a soul must be powerful fuel!)
He had nothing to support such a view, he just believed it.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
People believe all kinds of things! There’s no end…

Many years ago I had a guy tell me he thought people’s “souls” went to Sun, to keep it burning. (All I can say is, a soul must be powerful fuel!)
He had nothing to support such a view, he just believed it.
You are correct, there is really no end to what people can and will believe. We have the ability to examine our beliefs, test them, and see if they have even a remote chance of reflecting reality -- but that's a lot of work, and if your beliefs don't seem to be doing you any harm, there's no reason for a lot of people to expend the effort.

I sometimes think there are two kinds of people in the world -- those who genuinely want to understand, to know, and to know why they know, and those who already "know," and are just trying to ensure that nothing interferes with what they "know."

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
In 1 Samuel 28:8 it looked like Saul believed a familiar spirit could call up Samuel's ghost from under the ground.

In Isaiah 14:9-11 Isaiah told the King of Babylon that hell under the ground was ready for his death.

In Isaiah 29:4 It says someone is suppose to die.And their voice will come out of the ground.

.The witch of endor says right out she sees Samuel's ghost come out of the ground.

I think people believed people's spirits were underground when they died.I agree.Do you agree or disagree?:)

In Judaism, Sheol is where people go after death. It seems to alternately refer to the grave and/or generally the place where everyone ends up (unlike Christianity's heaven vs. hell). It's similar to the ancient Greek underworld, Hades (name of the place and the god), and in Greek translations, "Hades" is used as the translation of "Sheol".

There were a couple of different interpretations of where it was located (depending on the era) Hades (aka Domos Haidou, "House of Hades") generally is thought to be underground and temples known as Ploutonia (singular: Ploutonion) dedicated to the god Hades were erected at places considered to be entry points to the underworld. That was usually caves that had deadly fumes emitting from them. Example: Ploutonion at Hierapolis. Christianity distorted the concept of the underworld into its notion of Hell.

Brian2

Veteran Member
In Judaism, Sheol is where people go after death. It seems to alternately refer to the grave and/or generally the place where everyone ends up (unlike Christianity's heaven vs. hell). It's similar to the ancient Greek underworld, Hades (name of the place and the god), and in Greek translations, "Hades" is used as the translation of "Sheol".

Christians have a similar view but some Christians don't seem to realise that hades was mistranslated as "hell" in some Bibles and sheol was mistranslated as the "grave" in some bibles.
And there also is the post Jesus belief in the Bible that all those who die in Christ (Christians) go to be with the Lord.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I personally don't believe in an afterlife, though.
I believe in "chemical recycling' of what we are constituted of and not in afterlife, I am an atheist Hindu. However, Hindus believe that the souls are sent to heaven or hell, immediately after death (no waiting till the end of times). A few tortured souls linger as ghosts because of some unfulfilled desire or want of proper death rituals, they speak directly to the living. Those in heaven turn into guides for their progeny (Pitr, Paters) and those in hell may seek relief by charity given in their name or proper conduct of their death rituals by their progeny.
That may end up being a lonely existence!
No. Vulcanlogician cn find his own type of people and be happy with them. :)
Since you're here, I'm not sure I believe you ..
He is here to discuss and state his views. Not perhaps for friendships unless he meets one of similar views.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In ancient times the transmitted cooled nuclear design of men caused voices to be heard in tunnels.

As tunnels took oxygenated water cooled microbes we lived with into ground mass burning tunnels. Walls of tunnels was set gas alight. I saw it in visions. I saw an evil muscular half beast man body strange head in the tunnel.

It was like I was inside the tunnel system myself and came face to face with it. Via man's machine transmitter studies I was given the vision.

And Bio life had also sought underground tunnel refuge in nuclear UFO fallout. Knew to take shelter.

Yet as hot air came into the tunnels or caves they died also. Found mummified by reactive drying out as it was proven instant.

Humans living in deep tunnel system blocked off tunnels survived by underground deep water supply.

As they knew to seek refuge just like you built underground again waiting. As you know liar brother.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In ancient times the transmitted cooled nuclear design of men caused voices to be heard in tunnels.

As tunnels took oxygenated water cooled microbes we lived with into ground mass burning tunnels. Walls of tunnels was set gas alight. I saw it in visions. I saw an evil muscular half beast man body strange head in the tunnel.

It was like I was inside the tunnel system myself and came face to face with it. Via man's machine transmitter studies I was given the vision.

And Bio life had also sought underground tunnel refuge in nuclear UFO fallout. Knew to take shelter.

Yet as hot air came into the tunnels or caves they died also. Found mummified by reactive drying out as it was proven instant.

Humans living in deep tunnel system blocked off tunnels survived by underground deep water supply.

As they knew to seek refuge just like you built underground again waiting. As you know liar brother.
Reason why a healthier human emerged life with mutant human.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We have many caves (we do not have very deep caves) which are considered to be gates of hell, where demons disappeared in mythology and they are supposed to have been closed by Gods or heroes. Also, these are not caves with deadly fumes.

"Gates of Hell" - Google Search
patal-bhuvaneshwar-temple_1545387588.jpeg

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Never came across any in all my years of caving. :oops:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I think Russian scientists did. I read different articles of their discoveries.

Of hearing voices screaming in hot deep earth digs.

As father said when your satanic science brother sent human life to hell it was recorded until cooling no longer existed.

Is how much he loves us as God the rock loves us you know.

So if you ask him why he believed it's where his memory stopped.

When life gets harmed he then hears memory. As living humans caused it. Yet they forget they all died too.

It's why they said no man is God so you wouldn't think human life safe in nuclear science.

Reading it is supposed to force you to re theory. No man is God.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

The scriptures you cited support my opinion that the Bible's depiction of the afterlife contradicts itself. For instance, Hebrews 9:27 implies that a person faces judgment immediately after death, and 1 Corinthians 5:8 implies that a Christian who dies is instantly in the presence of the Lord. However, Revelation 20:13 conflicts with Hebrews 9:27 by stating that "the sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them," and "each individual was judged according to what they had done."

Furthermore, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 conflicts with 1 Corinthians 5:8 because it says, "13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

Moreover, Matthew 27:51-53 implies soul sleep for believers. It says, "Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many."

Daniel 12:2 implies soul sleep for both believers and unbelievers, which conflicts with Hebrews 9:27 and 1 Corinthians 5:8. It states, "And many of those who slumber in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to disgrace and everlasting contempt." 2 Chronicles 32:33 also implies soul sleep: "And Hezekiah slept with his fathers; and they buried him in the upper part of the tombs of the sons of David; and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem did him honor at his death." And Manasseh, his son, reigned in his place. " There are other similar verses: 2 Chronicles 33:20; 1 Kings 15:8; 1 Kings 16:28; 2 Kings 13:13; and 2 Kings 14:29.

And John 11:11-15 implies soul sleep as well. It states, "After saying these things, he said to them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I will go to awaken him." The disciples said to him, "Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover." Now Jesus had spoken of his death, but they thought that he meant to take rest in sleep. Then Jesus told them plainly, "Lazarus has died, and for your sake I am glad that I was not there, so that you may believe." But let us go to him. " Notice that Jesus did not say that Lazarus' spirit went directly to heaven after death and was in His presence or that Lazarus' spirit faced judgment immediately after death or that his spirit came up from under the ground. He said that Lazarus had fallen asleep and that he would go wake up Lazarus, but Lazarus was dead.

As I've demonstrated with the multiple scriptures I quoted, Frank, the Bible isn't exactly clear on what happens in the afterlife. Do human spirits ascend from the ground, as the verses you cited imply, or do some human spirits ascend from the sea and Hades and then face judgment, or do all human spirits face judgment immediately after death and all believers in Christ are immediately in his presence after death, or do human spirits (believers and unbelievers) fall asleep in the grave to be resurrected later in the end times?

Last edited:
This is very interesting. It would seem that God allowed the witch-doctor to envision Samuel so she could talk to him through summoning. It would seem that God thought it would be good to have Saul a chance to speak to Samuel through a sort of vision. If you didnt know witch-doctors try to imitate miracles of prophecy, interpretation and visions. Sometimes it works to a bad or negative effect. Other times it doesnt work but draws on powers and influence of demons.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you only had one place of refuge from a human caused thesis. Said in modern times... let me put my machine in a cave now. Wouldn't you say as old sun UFO mass had already converted removed earths mass?

Safest place to be. As your survival thought as a natural life is first before being a theist.

I've seen studies where tunnels were also dug out by humans. We wondered why.

So like today if you were naturally conscious psychic aware before. Humans prove they are. You would own pre warning's. You'd realise you're aware. You'd say I gained visions please believe me.

Family ignored you.

You'd have time to gather food and stores taking animals family as deep into earth as you could.

Reasoned. Once all life was carbon combusted by our loving science brother. Origin earth science a very long time ago. The end his human theory.

Machine from dusts back to my invention of dusts I created copying...whilst everything became ashes.

Why sciences origin reference is the occult. New ground holes would have opened in man's caused attack. On origin earth as history sciences own machine causes.

Memories of it.

Just like new sink holes have in modern day nuclear and heavens experiments. Opened to nothing beginning end thesis.

Scientist argues I have residue. Natural laws never did. His warning.

That advice would have told humans in old testament sciences caused approaching attack to go underground. Safest place.

Just as you thought it was in modern theoried.

As all advice is given to us. We copy.

Science proves it tries to copy creation in a small version.

So they took refuge. Some died as oxygen was depleted and air hot. So you'd find evidence of humans in caves mummified. Wearing updated clothing.

As it did happen. Humans entered gods stone ark as earth is God first. The ark. The arks holy position gods rock stone ark. The only real traveller in space.

In thesis the wood ark review was built as anti. Against heavens wood owned nature. Wood already a minused body mass now small trees once naturally were giant trees.

Metals. As science was machine. No machine was wood. You can't build wood. Carbon belonged to trees. Science combusted nature. Science built metals. Returned it from metal seams now dusts. The warning.

You reicarnated it.

As they did take food storage and animals with them. They have proven they survived by living underground. Yet the heavens nuclear event still mutated genetics by environmental change.

Then they came out re emerged when mountains fall attack flooding over mountains cooling stopped. It ended upon mountain top.

As it stated mountains face above was seen totally veiled hidden burnt and scorched. As angel of gods cloud fell from above. End result ice snow on mountain tips stopped mountains disintegration.

Where science temple was built upon mount...theme beginning gas in volcanos... Ain..the mount end sealed.

Earths mountains already existed in natural space laws.

Theist. Said volcanos erupted gases first position. A sealed mountain end highest. Lied. As it had no scientific advice. As theism is a human choice practiced on beliefs and not facts.

Today modern man is already prepared for its returned human causes . UFO sun ark destruction. Already Built underground themselves. Stored food. Is storing seeds.

How aren't you notified and warned rich man?

It was always your life that chose it for humanity on earth. It's your history the sciences that said you want to as men to leave the earth by technology of a blasting machine vehicle.

It's all in your head. The information.