• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think I am now an atheist

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
If god is that well hidden, so difficult to find, sets so many tests and traps - how do you know you have found him? How do you know you haven't fallen prey to misguidance and others, whose claims you dismiss, have actually found god?
You will know once you have found Him. And He finds you. So with all these religions out there, one needs to pray for help to find God, to know who He is. There is a balance in reasoning. I have come to the conclusion that life did not "just appear," as if by a binding of chemicals that just happened to happen. But that God put it all together, creating the heavens and the earth. I don't want to get too wordy, so I'll leave it there.

YoursTrue

Let's look at Theism in the form that I have always been most familiar with - Christianity

Christianity denies evolution and I see evolution as a fact

To me that's just one example of Theism being at odds with reality

Absolutely, but unlike with Christianity I have compelling reasons to believe in Simulation Theory

I see what you are getting at and I disagree

It is not so much death that I fear, it is more the annihilation that I believe comes along with it

I envy those who feel certain that life continues after death, and that life after death is a good thing
It's interesting because according to the Bible, God alone gives life. And there is to be resurrection in store. That means though that those who are dead are not alive, but will be brought back to life by God's power.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I never said that

So no

But it was for me

It was the reason I believed in God in the first place

You said "And without that reason there is no reason".

What you mean is this is only for you. There is no other reason without that reason. Okay. So that's only for you. No worries.

Then you said that there is minimal reason for the existence of God. ON what basis is that? That is also "only for you"?

Just a clarification.

YoursTrue

Yup. Abrahamic ones.
Only them, you think? Some are...I also read that atheists comprise 7% of the world's population. I do believe many religions are quite ugly. Not sure what atheists are capable of, you think they're better? Be that as it may, you or I won't stop bad things, whatever you think they are. Only a Higher Power can do that, with people that agree what are "bad things."

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When science by man agreed as rich man in forced control.... liars in civilisation claim. Says my man of science destroyed life on earth.

As a sun made sink holes in earth mass when the atmosphere existed.

Man then changed spatial laws freeze held fused law himself. Caused new sin...sink holes. Only stopped opening as earths heavens void vacuum became larger.

By loss of body gas spirit mass he caused burnt out and sacrificed.

Light came from a sun. Law I said told us the sun owned why earths gas was alight. I only want to control invent interact with coldest gas...no light.

I don't own it myself. Law said heavens spirit cannot be contained as stone does not own it. Law first cold stone

I name it god as the sun legally too.

I count infinite 0000how many. How large a power of suck does it can a void vacuum exist as. It could make a sun owner of light shift a dimension. To become coldest light in black mass deep space? Dead sun no light.

By my invention only. As natural law is present only. I made present or gift present a Legal term.

So I had to legalise the planets hierarchy entity status. For legal only.

Not for science at all who knew it was just using planetary substances. For human legal.

As man's theist satanic intention is to invent terms for universal controls. So is not now just using one machine status as machine to earth only as science terms only.

I now use the status machines by many types and world communicated programs to one machine. My systems machines.

Knowing humans live where I want to interact machines reacting. Direct science is not involving humans....yet they are personally involved.

Legal about God. It was never scientific entity God. It was for legal reasons only.

As human science is only human science on planet earth.

I don't believe in sciences religious theisms God. I however believe in the legality of God as said by aware humans. Natural aware humans not theists.

Tiberius

I now realise that the only reason I ever made myself believe in God was out of fear of death and annihilation

Wishful thinking basically

I now see no compelling reason to believe in God

Therefore I think I'm going to have to come out as an atheist

Which is what I was for many years

Although I hope there is a God and recognise there is a slim chance of one existing

I still believe reality is a computer simulation though :p

If you believe reality is a computer simulation, wouldn't that mean that whoever programmed the simulation could be justifiably called God?

DNB

Christian
I now realise that the only reason I ever made myself believe in God was out of fear of death and annihilation

Wishful thinking basically

I now see no compelling reason to believe in God

Therefore I think I'm going to have to come out as an atheist

Which is what I was for many years

Although I hope there is a God and recognise there is a slim chance of one existing

I still believe reality is a computer simulation though :p
No other creature on earth contemplates life and death, morality and spirituality - this is your first clue that man is a spiritual being, not entirely composed of stardust and protoplasm.
You undermined your own argument by claiming that your initial acceptance of God's existence was based on fear of death - do squirrels make radical decisions due to their fear of the future or the unknown? Do mosquitos, fish or trees have the same concerns?
Just the fact that you can conceive of the notion of God, a moral spirit, and feel a helplessness as to what the future holds, shows that you have a spiritual dimension within your constitution as a human (created in His image). Again, physical material, nor any big bang event, did not give man such an abstract awareness of such transcendent thoughts.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
No other creature on earth contemplates life and death, morality and spirituality - this is your first clue that man is a spiritual being, not entirely composed of stardust and protoplasm.
You undermined your own argument by claiming that your initial acceptance of God's existence was based on fear of death - do squirrels make radical decisions due to their fear of the future or the unknown? Do mosquitos, fish or trees have the same concerns?
Just the fact that you can conceive of the notion of God, a moral spirit, and feel a helplessness as to what the future holds, shows that you have a spiritual dimension within your constitution as a human (created in His image). Again, physical material, nor any big bang event, did not give such an abstract awareness of such transcendent thoughts.

"No other creature on earth contemplates life and death, morality and spirituality"

How do we know this?
Maybe dogs have a dog god. When an old dog is staring off into the woods people say "he is thinking about chasing squirrels". How do we know he isn't thinking about his time is about up?

For example....

Asian elephants, like their African cousins, seem to mourn their dead, sometimes even carrying their lost infants in their trunks for days or weeks, new research finds. Whether elephants understand death in the same way humans do is unknown — and probably unknowable.

Asian elephant mom carries dead calf for weeks, new eye-opening videos reveal.

YoursTrue

"No other creature on earth contemplates life and death, morality and spirituality"

How do we know this?
Maybe dogs have a dog god. When an old dog is staring off into the woods people say "he is thinking about chasing squirrels". How do we know he isn't thinking about his time is about up?
Yeah. And maybe cockroaches spend time thinking about this, too. After all, when I see a bug nearby, it runs away really fast if I try to knock it out. Maybe other civilizations figure the population on earth might kill them as many here do without "alien invasion." Maybe they want to stay far away from us, lol! Maybe's could go on -- maybe maybe, science fiction can be interesting, too. Maybe. I suppose.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yeah. And maybe cockroaches spend time thinking about this, too. After all, when I see a bug nearby, it runs away really fast if I try to knock it out. Maybe other civilizations figure the population on earth might kill them as many here do without "alien invasion." Maybe they want to stay far away from us, lol! Maybe's could go on -- maybe maybe, science fiction can be interesting, too. Maybe. I suppose.

You seemed to have missed this part I edited in....

Asian elephants, like their African cousins, seem to mourn their dead, sometimes even carrying their lost infants in their trunks for days or weeks, new research finds. Whether elephants understand death in the same way humans do is unknown — and probably unknowable.

YoursTrue

How do we know this?

For example....

Maybe he's thinking that his "time" is just too short, you think? maybe? maybe he's figuring he needs a pedicure. Maybe he's praying to go to dog heaven and not dog hell? maybe maybe and maybe you think. maybe.

We Never Know

No Slack
Maybe he's thinking that his "time" is just too short, you think? maybe? maybe he's figuring he needs a pedicure. Maybe he's praying to go to dog heaven and not dog hell? maybe maybe and maybe you think. maybe.

Maybe everything just dies and thats it.
Maybe heaven is just a made up dream.
Maybe god is just a made up thing for comfort.

What do you think?

I will pray for you sounds better than **** happens.
Going to heaven sounds better than you just die and thats it.
Etc.

YoursTrue

You seemed to have missed this part....

No, I didn't miss it. Animals have a natural desire to avoid death. Usually. There's no saying why this elephant carried the dead baby. Maybe the elephant didn't like the fact it died and was showing it to the elephant god, you think? Could be you consider that as a possibility maybe. And maybe it was an instinctive action. There are, I believe, gods that look like elephants, aren't there? 'Oh, wait, take your choice or not, has an elephant spoken to you yet about this? Maybe the elephant's brain just didn't evolve yet to contemplate building a casket, or burning the baby's corpse, or buying burial insurance. Maybe they're smarter than humans who go through expensive funeral rites usually.