• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I stay off of commercial planes as much as possible.

Ellen Brown

I tried to find information on this....what's your source?

On YouTube, there is a commercial airline pilot, Blancolirio, who is absolutely rock solid, and scientific in these things. Yes, Boeing DOES keep putting bigger and bigger engines on an old framework to chase the need for more and more efficiency. The "big throat fan Jet engines" are much more efficient, but the increased power causes aggravating trim issues.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Hollow Points and Glaser Safety Slug rounds are perfect for airplane cabin safety in common non-magnum handgun calibers. Better to risk a bullet hole in the airplane than to allow the goons full control of the cockpit 9/11 style. Yes, defending against terrorists has some risks. Not challenging terrorists with adequate weapon power is even more risky. I was a soldier and now I'm home defender and a hunter. I know something about weapons and guns. The sky marshals that do carry guns use the proper handguns, ammo and calibers for safety sense. Modern Glaser ammunition is detuned in power.It has low penetration by man stopping power still. It was originally designed for use in aircraft cabins by sky marshals in the 1970s. TASERs lack the repeating firepower of modern autoloading handguns and revolvers when confronting bad guys in numbers. A TASER is a one-shot deal for one opponent. A TASER has limited range and accuracy. It had much less penetration power (needed to get the electrodes to bare skin through thick clothing) than even the most frangible Glaser round has to punch through thick clothing. A Glacer round or two will still knock down and incapacitate a bad man in body armor long enough to restrain him, knock him out cold, kill him with a close head shot and/or disarm him.
Yeah. Because that's a concern :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I avoid air travel like the plague!

I do so for several reasons:

1. the government could shoot me down and murder me as a passenger in certain situations as in hijackings and terror takeovers of the planes

2. I am not allowed to be armed on board as a passenger for my own self-preservation

3. I hate the TSA a_sholes at the airports: the last time I flew commercial was in late 2002, the TSA jerks hassled me about a gold Parker pen/pencil set in my briefcase: they were fingering all through my personal briefcase; I don't like this patting-down crap either, I prefer human dignity and liberty over "safety"

4. I hate how airlines nickel and dime you these days for extra baggage, headphones, pillows and blankets... things that used to be complementary and not charged extra to the customer

5. the stewardesses aren't as nice and as attractive as they used to be

6. airport parking costs an arm and a leg

7. I hate dealing with taxi companies

8. I am not sure there is adequate armed security on board as armed sky marshalls and armed cockpit crews: there are guns and special ammunition available designed not to pierce aircraft skin but still effectively bring down dangerous people on board
I avoid flying as much as I possibly can.
But sometimes one must make sacrifices to stay married.

Adding to your list....
9. There are innumerable things which can go wrong & cause the plane to crash.
(Always remember when you're bouncing around at 20,000 feet in the air....
Guys like me designed those flight controls.)
10. TSA employees are ill trained, poorly vetted, low wage employees who are prone to fondling one's junk.
11. Poor air quality on planes.
12. Imperious pilots & staff on planes.
13. Much time wasted waiting.
14. Planes spread disease.

I know...I know...air travel is statistically safer than driving.
But this thread is about hating air travel.
We have a right to feel the way we do about such things.
And we still have to drive to & from that **** infested ****ing rassin frassin airport.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Statistically, I'll bet it's safer to simply not take
the trip which would require air or ground travel.
Stay at home as much as possible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Remove all sharp objects from your person, and find a room with no windows and no lights.
And padding on the walls.

Everyone has their preferences, most of which aren't based upon rational analysis.
You hate being clean shaven.
@BSM1 hates Waldo.
I hate flying.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I tried to find information on this....what's your source?

It was actually a comment from a radio station. But...

As the 737 expands in capacity and capability, many in the industry are asking just how far Boeing can push the 50-year-old platform.
"Boeing has always made fantastic, safe aircraft," Ross Aimer, the CEO of the airline consulting and legal firm Aero Consulting Experts, told Business Insider. "But in the case of 737, a simple way to describe it is, how many times can you modify your old 1980s Honda Civic? This is basically what Boeing is doing with the 737."
The Boeing 737 Max is likely to be the last version of the best-selling airliner of all time

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
1. the government could shoot me down and murder me as a passenger in certain situations as in hijackings and terror takeovers of the planes

Put down the bong.

2. I am not allowed to be armed on board as a passenger for my own self-preservation

Sure. We want the general public having guns in a hollow metal tube hurtling through the air at 500 mph.

5. the stewardesses aren't as nice and as attractive as they used to be

The point is not for them to be attractive, they provide a service. This is not the 60s. Besides, some of the guys are pretty cute.

8. I am not sure there is adequate armed security on board as armed sky marshalls and armed cockpit crews: there are guns and special ammunition available designed not to pierce aircraft skin but still effectively bring down dangerous people on board
...I don't like this patting-down crap either, I prefer human dignity and liberty over "safety"

You are so scared of terrorists you avoid flying, yet wish there was less airport security in the name of liberty?
You are worried about getting shot, but wish there were more guns on board?

thinking-face_1f914.png

Milton Platt

It was actually a comment from a radio station. But...

As the 737 expands in capacity and capability, many in the industry are asking just how far Boeing can push the 50-year-old platform.
"Boeing has always made fantastic, safe aircraft," Ross Aimer, the CEO of the airline consulting and legal firm Aero Consulting Experts, told Business Insider. "But in the case of 737, a simple way to describe it is, how many times can you modify your old 1980s Honda Civic? This is basically what Boeing is doing with the 737."
The Boeing 737 Max is likely to be the last version of the best-selling airliner of all time

Interesting Analogy...Well, the Civic is currently on it's 10th iteration.....but as long as the public likes the style, handling, and features it offers, it can be redesigned an almost unlimited number of times...after all, just like aircraft, it is just a name used by the company to designate a specific item. The current Civic bears no resemblance to the original civic whatsoever, except at a very basic level (4 wheels, steering wheel, doors, seats for passengers are in all versions). Same for the aircraft. To say that flying in the current aircraft is in any way equivalent to flying in one of the one built in the first year of it's existence is ridiculous. All that said, many people have flying and other phobias. I have a friend who is deathly afraid of birds.....Maybe someday you will overcome yours. In the meantime, your travels will be somewhat restricted and slowed, but so be it. You can have a phobia, but trying to rationalize it to other people is a whole different thing.

To quote from the article you linked to:

Aimer said that the original 737-100 Boeing delivered to launch customer Lufthansa in 1967 is a "totally different airplane" than the jet we fly on today. "Now it has evolved into the something else," he said.

So by reading the very link you yourself provided, we see that it is "a totally different airplane"