• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a job

TheBrokenSoul

I need a job but need one working from home really because my partner needs some care from me . It is not easy to get a job working from home , especially a job in thinking when I have no academics . Through self study I am quite a good scientist and can design ideas such as submarine science or rocket science .
Shame nobody wants me to think for them for a living . :(

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks , I did want to sort out the homeless problem in England but the Gov and Royals didn't even give me a like on my facebook messages . Oh well maybe somebody will offer me something one day . I can be a good writer too when I want too .

The best job is the one where we use our talents and abilities to the best advantage. Those that like their work, are th3 best workers.

Sometimes though, we need to do jobs to get by, and they can lead to better opportunities.

Regards Tony

PureX

Veteran Member
I need a job but need one working from home really because my partner needs some care from me . It is not easy to get a job working from home , especially a job in thinking when I have no academics . Through self study I am quite a good scientist and can design ideas such as submarine science or rocket science .
What they want is for you to help them make more money. That's what they will pay you for. Perhaps you should look for a way to sell things from your home.

TheBrokenSoul

The best job is the one where we use our talents and abilities to the best advantage. Those that like their work, are th3 best workers.

Sometimes though, we need to do jobs to get by, and they can lead to better opportunities.

Regards Tony
I've done several jobs in the past , I am a time served qualified painter and decorator , have a NVQ level 2 in I.T , been a silk screen printer and had several other types of jobs . I spent years self studying science and was hoping to impress science to get a job thinking but apparently rewriting physics and destroying some present science wasn't such a good idea . They don't like me much at all after showing them their errors .

TheBrokenSoul

What they want is for you to help them make more money. That's what they will pay you for. Perhaps you should look for a way to sell things from your home.
I've done some buying and selling in the second hand market but in my opinion that market is dying off . Buying new stock takes considerable funding which I haven't got .

PureX

Veteran Member
I've done some buying and selling in the second hand market but in my opinion that market is dying off . Buying new stock takes considerable funding which I haven't got .
You don't want to buy the stock for reselling. You want to just do the sales work. Often that involves contacting prospective clients and pitching to them for a sale over the phone or computer. Something that you can do from home.

TheBrokenSoul

You don't want to buy the stock for reselling. You want to just do the sales work. Often that involves contacting prospective clients and pitching to them for a sale over the phone or computer. Something that you can do from home.
That is called telephones sales and being a stock broker isn't it ? I would rather have the stock to be honest , that way it is easier to deal with customer services , delivery etc .

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Try Upwork | The World’s Work Marketplace for Freelancing. for self employed work from home jobs

I don't know if anyone is looking for submarine or rocket designers but you never know

PureX

Veteran Member
That is called telephones sales and being a stock broker isn't it ? I would rather have the stock to be honest , that way it is easier to deal with customer services , delivery etc .
One of the reasons they call these things "jobs" is that most people don't want to do them. That's why other people pay money to get someone to do them. I assume the whole point, here, is that you need to make some money. (Not spend money on stock.) So you're probably going to have to do something you don't particularly like doing, to get it; like phone sales.

TheBrokenSoul

One of the reasons they call these things "jobs" is that most people don't want to do them. That's why other people pay money to get someone to do them. I assume the whole point, here, is that you need to make some money. (Not spend money on stock.) So you're probably going to have to do something you don't particularly like doing, to get it; like phone sales.
To be honest , money does not interest me that much . I just need something that pays a salary and will keep my mind occupied but it has to be something I will get job satisfaction out of .
I did want to set up a UK homeless charity but there is so much red tape involved . This charity would of been a direct approach , housing the homeless rather than an office to visit and a cup of tea for the homeless .
I am at a stage in my life that I want to do something useful with a good purpose rather than robotic jobs .

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thank you for the advice !

I could do freelance writing , speeches or articles etc but getting a start with no academics isn't an easy task . I can write stories and movie scripts but again without academics it is futile .

I only mentioned upwork because i know a guy who is making a decent living freelancing. He is however a qualified 3D artist.

TheBrokenSoul

I only mentioned upwork because i know a guy who is making a decent living freelancing. He is however a qualified 3D artist.
If one of the many science forums I've been on over the years had helped me more to write my scientific paper , we would of been receiving a noble prize for physics :( .
I was heart broken but have recovered now , getting back to reality now .

PureX

Veteran Member
To be honest , money does not interest me that much . I just need something that pays a salary and will keep my mind occupied but it has to be something I will get job satisfaction out of .
But you are thinking wrongly about this, I think. It's not about what you want. It's about what you offer that someone else wants ... enough to pay you for it. And then, from within that set of possibilities, you get to choose what you want. Even a charity has to provide a service someone wants, and find someone willing to pay for it.

TheBrokenSoul

But you are thinking wrongly about this, I think. It's not about what you want. It's about what you offer that someone else wants ... enough to pay you for it. And then, from within that set of possibilities, you get to choose what you want. Even a charity has to provide a service someone wants, and find someone willing to pay for it.
I understand what you are saying and I have tried selling myself because I am quite clever and creative . The charity I had in mind and business plan for was a ''no brainer'' long term investment for somebody with a huge profit potential within a reasonable duration . However , my focus was/is more aimed at homing the homeless than profit potential , additionally cleaning up our UK streets to promote tourism .
I had all the estimates but nobody wanted to donate or invest the 1 million required even though it was guaranteed returns . With 1 million and my scientific strategic plan , I could of housed the entire homeless population of the UK within several years , no other funds required as it was an accumulator strategy .

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I've done several jobs in the past , I am a time served qualified painter and decorator , have a NVQ level 2 in I.T , been a silk screen printer and had several other types of jobs . I spent years self studying science and was hoping to impress science to get a job thinking but apparently rewriting physics and destroying some present science wasn't such a good idea . They don't like me much at all after showing them their errors .
Perhaps you just showed them your errors?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

How do you know you are a good scientist? Has anyone independently evaluated your abilities? Or are you claiming to be an engineer, designing submarines or rockets? Those are different skills, by the way.

To get a job thinking for a living would be wonderful, but usually you need to have a PhD to get such a job.