• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a job

Khudayar

Try Upwork | The World’s Work Marketplace for Freelancing. for self employed work from home jobs

I don't know if anyone is looking for submarine or rocket designers but you never know

Thanks for the link. Do you know if it transfer money overseas, especially the ME?
I live in Turkey, and the govt. banned paypal and alike websites. so I need to know whether I get the payment via legal bank transfers or do they use only paypal? Thanks.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thanks for the link. Do you know if it transfer money overseas, especially the ME?
I live in Turkey, and the govt. banned paypal and alike websites. so I need to know whether I get the payment via legal bank transfers or do they use only paypal? Thanks.

As far as i am aware they can pay through bank accounts.

WonderingWorrier

I've done some buying and selling in the second hand market but in my opinion that market is dying off . Buying new stock takes considerable funding which I haven't got .

New stock doesnt take considerable funding to start. A few cheap products that can go for large amounts of profit can build up funding very quickly.

Yeah markets do die off. Thats why you have to be able to think ahead to keep ahead.

Look at any product. Think about new uses for that product.

The more different uses you can think of, the more niche markets you can create and enter.

Other sellers will eventually notice and they will start copying you until the market dies.

Get in, get out. Small orders. Dont get stuck with too much stock in a price war.

Always be thinking of the next products to move to.

Less is more. More profit for less work. Less sales. Less shipping.

The next products can move up in quality and value (not quantity).

I will give you an example:
Do you have $50? You might be able to turn every $50 into $500 per 10 sales.

With novelty stainless steel hipflasks.

Stainless steel has a quality reputation.
And it doesnt have to just hold liquor.

I've just seen some Stainless jerrycan petrol container hipflasks new on Ebay for down to $5 each.

Could buy some and move them into the bathroom categories.

Some men might want a reusable stainless steel fuelcan aftershave bottle for $50.

Could become a new fuelcan shampoo or bodywash. Possibly repackaging and rebranding some other bathroom products to make them worth even more. Men can feel like tough guys while they are helping to remove plastic from the environment.

Possibly ok in kitchen categories they might be a nice hot sauce bottle.

And what about a fuelcan hipflask for people with petrol powered remote controlled cars.
Miniature stainless fuel can.
That could be another category.

Dont follow markets. Make your own markets.
Fresh photos and new written descriptions towards the niches

Ebay is an online marketplace..
Realise it is even possible to buy new products on ebay where the market has died and move them into other areas of ebay for a new life.

Khudayar

As far as i am aware they can pay through bank accounts.

I registered the website and it seems they have the bank transfer option which is nice.
But all the jobs I applied so far (short text translations), want my telegram account. And when I contact them on telegram, they give me a paragraph to translate and I do. I translated the texts in images right away on telegram, so they know I am not using some translation software. And they tell me they are a company (APPEN) and I need to trust them, and I would get paid later after long hours of work which does not sound trustworthy at all.
What's more is that I can not ask for payments at regular intervals but rather at the end of the project. They also ask for insurance deposit from me.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I registered the website and it seems they have the bank transfer option which is nice.
But all the jobs I applied so far (short text translations), want my telegram account. They give me a paragraph to translate and I do. And they tell me they are a company and I need to trust them, and get paid later after long hours of work which does not sound trustworthy at all.

I don't know of anyone who has been conned by them, the company hiring tje freelancer agrees to payment and does pay.

If they default contact Upwork who will chase it up for you.

Any company who does default is banned.

My brother in law uses them, never been conned and earns a decent renumeration.