• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just saw this ridiculous commercial for the 2nd time:

Bob the Unbeliever

I like your mention of a beaver's dam.
Years back this area had a drought problem.
One section brought in beavers to help solve the problem.
Well, it worked so overly well that the nearby road became flooded !. Bring on those smart beavers !

Dogs to me have a different intelligence, but beavers can't be made to be house pets.
You can't give a dog or a beaver a blueprint whereas an intelligent person can make different things.
We are to learn even from the industrious little 'ant' according to Proverbs 6:6.
That means we have superior intelligence to learn from lower creation to our benefit.
I read that some modern car shapes are fashioned after the box fish.
Since some fish swim in schools and don't have accidents like car drivers do, then it would be a good idea for intelligent man to study those swimming-in-schools fish and use their navigating abilities for our good use..

This is all well-and-good-- and it establishes that intellingence isn't quite what YOU seem to project it to be, when you claim "intelligent designer"

We do Not have to learn just by trial and error but accurate guidance from Bible principles like the Golden Rule.

Lessons From The Bible:

According to the bible, I ought to never get into debt, but rather instead, sell my daughter (or son if I must) into slavery to avoid the debt.

And also according to the bible, I must stone my neighbor for mowing his yard on Saturday (the Sabbath), for doing work is forbidden.

And if I were lucky enough to have wealth? Such that I could purchase other people's debt-children as slaves? I must never beat them so harshly that they die right away-- they must live several days before dying, THEN I'm okay.

Oh! According to the bible, I must never-EVER eat a cheeseburger again. Or wear cotton-polyester blends.

But it's just fine to drink wine at a party-- Jesus not only drank wine, he even made more that one time.

And I should never forget, that taking whips and chains to a money-lender (banker) is not only a Good Idea? It is Exactly What Jesus Would Do.

Oh! I nearly forgot! The #1 Lesson I took from the Bible? It is just PEACHY for me to drown my disobedient children by flooding the entire planet.

Bob the Unbeliever

What pre-dates even the Flood the ' tar ' that was used was Bitumen.
What is the Dead Sea area had pits upon pits of Bitumen for Noah's use - Genesis 14:10.
No worry about Bitumen catching fire in the flood waters.
There is No way to know just how cool or not the flood waters were at that time frame.

Doesn't help-- it STILL HARDENS WHEN COLD.

Ooops!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Wow!
You sure know how to pick 'em. Those pictures are beautiful!
You just sent my mind right into paradise. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

You can argue with words but a picture is worth so much more. Hard to argue 'flukes' when these are staring you in the face....:rolleyes:

You know, I was thinking about what you said about minds set in concrete, and it reminded me of the saying, "seeing is believing." and thinking that for some, that's not really true, because no matter how much they see evidence of the supernatural, they will always deny it... because of their mindset.

None so blind.....Not just eyes blinded...but minds. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

Looking at this video...

...you realize that the structures seem so impossible by human construct, that many feel the only explanation must be outside this realm, yet no matter how many thousands of years go by without being able to prove otherwise, there are those that will never submit to that option.

Very interesting video. I would like to see the scientists here explain these things......if primitive man was capable of such extraordinary constructs without the technology that we take for granted....what other explanation is even plausible?

Anyone???

We have heard it said that certain things would not have been possible without divine help.
The Bible says that the Israelites won battles with divine help, a case in point, when the attendant of Elisha saw the invisible army.
The Bible says, God shut the door to the ark. Obviously an indication that God was very much involved in its construction.

Would that ever be believed by those who have a closed mindset.
Not even a million years will change their minds.

Pride will not let them. To acknowledge anything extraterrestrial (simply meaning "not from this earth") would be tantamount to believing in Santa Claus. Sometimes they never equate extraterrestrial with supernatural....like everything on this earth is somehow all there must be because their limited knowledge says so. Blind guides are not just in religion apparently.

That will only happen when they are whupped by God.
I really hope they are alive when God starts whupping.
Thanks again for the Paradise reminder. :)

Some disobedient children can be corrected with a look....some with words.....but others need something stronger to get the message across. But for the incorrigible.....there is usually only one way to administer the necessary discipline......for such ones in Israel the law required the death penalty. Last resorts are never pleasant and usually avoidable.

We all need reminders of what is to come.....take care.

Bob the Unbeliever

If the evidence is really not scientific evidence, it shouldn't be so difficult to show why it isn't. To say it isn't fullstop, doesn't carry much weight does it..

The sad thing is? I should not even have to tell it-- because this knowledge is so very basic to ordinary students of science?

It only demonstrates how lacking your education is.

It would take thousands of $$ in educational programs, JUST to bring you up to the Modern Era.

And frankly? I know that even with a million dollar grant?

You would absolutely refuse to listen. You demonstrated this countless times, when you repeat the same DISPROVED arguments over and over and over...

Bob the Unbeliever

The fact that you keep mentioning eternal torment to persons who did not even refer to it, mention it, or believe it, says a lot about your fears.
If you fear that so much, I could imagine how some of your dreams are. I can also imagine how often the thought fills your mind when you think about the end.
Perhaps you may be one of those persons first to "break their neck" to run in a church, if it appeared the end was really imminent.
animated-smileys-laughing-052.gif

No. I do not fear your evil hate-god's custom torture pit. I do not believe in your hate-god. Neither do I believe in your hell-- If I did? I'd not be an atheist...

I actually pity you in your obvious HATE. (see above-- your post reeks of hate)

Only someone completely FULL OF HATE as you seem to be, would be Content To Celebrate In Heaven:

... Knowing there are Other People Being Tortured by the god you claim is "good".

What is worse? YOU THINK THAT INFINITE TORTURE IS FUNNY. (see above)

That is how sick and depraved your religion comes across to us who are Awake.

Bob the Unbeliever

Pride will not let them.

And THIS? This is the most ironic of them all.

Pride-- Theists are SO PROUD of their faith?

They literally deny actual reality itself. Even when presented with photographs and other evidence that proves their silly bible is totally wrong--

-- their PRIDE in their faith BLINDS them to reality.

So yeah. The irony is so strong you could use this post to point to the north pole...

Bob the Unbeliever

Some disobedient children can be corrected with a look....some with words.....but others need something stronger to get the message across. But for the incorrigible.....there is usually only one way to administer the necessary discipline......for such ones in Israel the law required the death penalty. Last resorts are never pleasant and usually avoidable.

We all need reminders of what is to come.....take care.

And SOME disobedient children are so far gone-- that your "loving" god floods the entire planet, including all the fluffy kittens and baby birds.

How MESSED UP is your god that it is SO INCOMPETENT that it needs to KILL to "send the message"?

YOUR WORDS: "death penalty" -- AND YOU DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT?

Sickening.

nPeace

Veteran Member
The sad thing is? I should not even have to tell it-- because this knowledge is so very basic to ordinary students of science?

It only demonstrates how lacking your education is.

It would take thousands of $$ in educational programs, JUST to bring you up to the Modern Era.

And frankly? I know that even with a million dollar grant?

You would absolutely refuse to listen. You demonstrated this countless times, when you repeat the same DISPROVED arguments over and over and over...
Okay. Then I will follow your lead.
Since the education I have is so basic that a ninety+ year old, and even a five year can grasp - with just basic common sense, and reason, it would be pointless to even try explaining it to someone lacking the ability to understand it.
So I rest my case. :nomouth:

Bob the Unbeliever

Okay. Then I will follow your lead.
Since the education I have is so basic that a ninety+ year old, and even a five year can grasp - with just basic common sense, and reason, it would be pointless to even try explaining it to someone lacking the ability to understand it.
So I rest my case. :nomouth:

You just stated why it is pointless to argue with a Creationist.

They have no actual education at all, and they are taught to deny actual reality-- even when it is staring them in the face.

The Grand Canyon? Absolutely destroys the entirety of the Noah Fable. In one location.

And you can go see that Canyon for yourself-- but you will deny actual reality itself-- you will deny what your eyes are showing you.

Because that's how deep Creationist Lies have been brainwashed into it's victims defenseless minds (typically when they were children).

Sad.

nPeace

Veteran Member
No. I do not fear your evil hate-god's custom torture pit. I do not believe in your hate-god. Neither do I believe in your hell-- If I did? I'd not be an atheist...

I actually pity you in your obvious HATE. (see above-- your post reeks of hate)

Only someone completely FULL OF HATE as you seem to be, would be Content To Celebrate In Heaven:

... Knowing there are Other People Being Tortured by the god you claim is "good".

What is worse? YOU THINK THAT INFINITE TORTURE IS FUNNY. (see above)

That is how sick and depraved your religion comes across to us who are Awake.
Bob, you totally missed my point. I don't believe in eternal torment. You don't see any hate in my post do you?
I challenge you - point it out.
...and I don't believe you are not living in fear.

nPeace

Veteran Member
You just stated why it is pointless to argue with a Creationist.

They have no actual education at all, and they are taught to deny actual reality-- even when it is staring them in the face.

The Grand Canyon? Absolutely destroys the entirety of the Noah Fable. In one location.

And you can go see that Canyon for yourself-- but you will deny actual reality itself-- you will deny what your eyes are showing you.

Because that's how deep Creationist Lies have been brainwashed into it's victims defenseless minds (typically when they were children).

Sad.
So how does a ninety+ year old who was not a Creationist become brainwashed?
How does agnostic who was not a Creationist become brainwashed?
How does atheist who was not a Creationist become brainwashed?

ecco

Veteran Member
Fear of what? You guys can't even agree on what's in store for non-believers.

I'm concerned about the negative impact people like you and Scott Pruitt and Betsy De Voss and Mike Pence have on the advancement of science in this Country. China will surpass us long before the armageddon you hope and pray for ever happens.

ecco

Veteran Member
Name some and I'll try to answer.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Who are you talking about here?

I seriously doubt if you can find one that has accepted your myths, well unless that 90 year old is in late stage dementia.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Does anyone seriously believe the Noah's Ark Myth? And if so can you be clear about which version you believe in? There are multiple interpretations of the myth in the Bible, so merely saying "The one in the Bible" will not tell anyone anything useful.
I just got back home and make a 45 minute commute every day through evidence that refutes a global flood. The layers of rock in the road cuts are of various materials laid down over time, pulled beneath the earth and pushed back up again and finally cut through by the crews that built the roads I travel. Among those layers, there is no layer that should be there if a global flood took place. That one bit of evidence is strong enough to refute the validity of a global flood, but it is not alone. There are hundreds of bits of evidence from completely different lines that refutes the flood.

The question I have always wondered is "Why does the validity of the flood matter?". That it never happened does not change my belief. Why does it effect the belief of so many others? I have always assumed it to be a need based on weak faith, but my faith is as fragile as that of others. Perhaps more fragile. So that may not be the answer. What I am not uncertain about is my view of the flood as allegory and the lack of physical evidence that would change that view.

Bob the Unbeliever

The brainwashing takes place many years prior. And age, and diminishing mental capacity?

Does the rest.

Likely what you call "atheist" was not anything of the sort-- but merely a theist who didn't go to church, or some other dodge.

But even it it was? Why do gods NEVER manage to convince someone who is utterly rational, and in control of all their faculties?

Why is it, a person has to suffer some extreme stress, before your god manages to become "convincing"?

Bob the Unbeliever

Bob, you totally missed my point. I don't believe in eternal torment. You don't see any hate in my post do you?
I challenge you - point it out.

So your ugly comment back up the tree, where you were quite certain your god was gonna "beat me up" was NOT your point?

Okay-- you did not use the phrase "beat me up" but that WAS the meaning of your words: You actually believe your god was going to cause me great harm in some way...! Pretty evil, if you ask me.

And no--- I don't fear your myth. I also don't worry if Santa Claus will leave me a coal, at Xmas Time.

Neither am I concerned if the Government Orbital Mind-Control LASERS will beam Republican Propaganda directly into my brain.

And yes: I place ALL these in the same silly category: Fantasy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I just got back home and make a 45 minute commute every day through evidence that refutes a global flood. The layers of rock in the road cuts are of various materials laid down over time, pulled beneath the earth and pushed back up again and finally cut through by the crews that built the roads I travel. Among those layers, there is no layer that should be there if a global flood took place. That one bit of evidence is strong enough to refute the validity of a global flood, but it is not alone. There are hundreds of bits of evidence from completely different lines that refutes the flood.

The question I have always wondered is "Why does the validity of the flood matter?". That it never happened does not change my belief. Why does it effect the belief of so many others? I have always assumed it to be a need based on weak faith, but my faith is as fragile as that of others. Perhaps more fragile. So that may not be the answer. What I am not uncertain about is my view of the flood as allegory and the lack of physical evidence that would change that view.
I think that for the weak in faith the Bible is an all or nothing book. Just as there are people that are atheists for bad reasons there are also people that are Christians for bad reasons.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that for the weak in faith the Bible is an all or nothing book. Just as there are people that are atheists for bad reasons there are also people that are Christians for bad reasons.
This is clearly true, but I'm not sure if reliance on an inerrant scripture is a cause or a symptom. Is a denial of evidence the chosen path of Christians that are Christian for the wrong reasons or coming from Christians that are just ignorant of science and have been wrongly educated to a view that anything not from the Bible is against the Bible. So many things in our life are not from the Bible or in the Bible, but are not inherently wrong.

It may be as you suggest and it is a case of weak faith, but I am uncertain. Though I do lean towards that conclusion myself. However, it may be the result of basic differences in the way people think and in their ability to understand beyond simple day to day life. I am a Chrisitian, but I do not ignore evidence of the world around me. So clearly there are differences in thinking even among Christians. I remain hopeful that education can help bridge this gap, but under the current political conditions, I don't think it will be enough. It must always be that people with understanding should try to help those that do not, no matter how difficult it may be.