• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hope you found what you looking for.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There are some people I definitely hope do not find what they are looking for, because they are looking for very bad things at the expense of others
I think @Amanaki meant "look for what you really want"

What you describe is what their hurt personality think they want

Last edited:

stvdv

I do not support the evil, but if possible I would like to get them toward the good side. In my view, there is always a hope we can save them once you call evil. And if they bugging me, maybe it is a reason they do it, maybe it is me who has something to learn. it can be compassion benevolence or other things to become good our self. But i will not push them away
I met a killer and was nice and respectful to the killer. The killer liked that, and was nice and respectful in return.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I met a killer and was nice and respectful to the killer. The killer liked that, and was nice and respectful in return.

But he was still a killer. Just because a snake sheds it's skin doesn't make the snake less dangerous. Sometimes evil has to be acknowledge as what it is to protect the innocent.

Ellen Brown

The chart is interesting. Didn't know Abraham was that far back though.

I really TRY to coexist with the people of other beliefs, except when they demean my own religious freedoms. I seems clear now that the actions of THE CREATOR have gone on for very much longer than any belief system. Abraham was seen as a friend of God, and for me it seems plausible that he was not the first. What I think about God was molded by the Christian faith. Frankly it did not seem reverent and respectful enough, and for a while I thought Islam was much better. I haven't and won't disavow Islam or the Prophet, but the religions are all part of a family of faiths. I have no idea where this will end?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Really, Abraham should be reading 2100BC. I'd be interested in hearing counterarguments, but to do so I'll have to start a new thread or track down who made the chart.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I see hate as a person... in what way should I show him compassion?
Show him forgivness and show that even he did somethig very bad, you can accept him as a human being. I know 99% of people would not agree with me on this. But it is not up to me to judge him for something he did not do toward my self. and if he do try to kill me, i cn forgive him for his lack of understanding of what he do toward me.

stvdv

The chart is interesting. Didn't know Abraham was that far back though.
I had exactly the same thought

Most of those guys are said to have died at age 700 to 969. If that is true a few 1000 years seems nothing. Quite some health they had back then

I wonder though, with all the killing in Bible at that time, how they got that old.

@Aupmanyav: do you know about age from Veda. I thought Krishna lived 5000 years ago but just 100+ years, not 900+. 100+ I can imagine to be correct.

Could it be month taken to be years in Bible (960 month is 80 years which makes more sense) but then the whole timeframe might be totally different?

Also you need like a computer to keep track of 969 years, or did they keep a diary. Just can't understand. And numbers very exact (year, month, days). 969 years old, at least add some error marge (+/- 5%)

I hope 1 day they dig up Methusalem