• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hope you found what you looking for.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I might not have the same belief as you, I might believe something and you do not. But I can not say to you in either case that you are wrong :) I really hope that the life you live, being a spiritual life or a none spiritual life is giving you what you wanted and for those of you who do have a religious or spiritual belief can find peace in mind and body, that what you believe is the right good for you.
I will support you in your quest for new answers and I will always be open to answering your questions. But I can not promise my wisdom will guide you to where you need to be.

To those who like to make critique of religions or spiritual living, I am open to your questions and your critique of where i am in my own seeking for truth. Some times you open my eyes to something I had not thought of, or when I go back and look at the teaching I find that my understanding was limited too :) So in both speaking with very spiritual people and to speak to super atheists is something I can learn from :)

No matter what, I am grateful for being a part of this group :) And I wish all of you find what you been searching for :)

Lots of folks aren't searching for anything, and also lots never did. They're still really content people.

In Hinduism, there are also two distinct types of searching ... searching for the path, and searching for God as the ultimate truth, call it nirvana, self-realisaion, nirvikalpa samadhi, enlightenment, whatever. Some folks think the search is over when they find their path, but I'd say that's just the beginning, not the end.

I've never personally found the idea of 'searching' appealing. It's a negative affirmation to to yourself that you're not happy, or never will be happy because you're always searching. There's a hidden frustration in there, and it may be better just to sit back and watch.

Also, when you express it publicly, the proselytisers pounce. Then it becomes other people's thoughts, not yours, thus neglecting the most important thing ... What do you believe?

Random thoughts ... sorry if it's off your topic.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What do you imply with Krishna being mythological?
Krishna never physical existed. Krishna stories bit blown out of proportion. or....
I do not know what is true. There are two kinds of Krishnas. The mischevious boy of Nandagaon and the king of Dwarika. Perhaps some stories were mixed up. The Gujarat coast where Dwarika exists was always famous for trade with kingdoms in the Persian Gulf (Dilmun). We were always good in mixing up things. For example, mixed Vishnu with avataras and mixed Rudra with Shiva.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Vedas, as I previously said, do not have any absurd claims other than the poetic exaggerations when they were praying to their Gods and Goddesses.
Thanks. Good to know that Vedas don't have absurd claims. Using common sense, age 960 month in the Bible seems reality, and 960 years probably poetic exaggeration.

IE stands for Indo-Europeans, i.e., who came to Central Asia as Indo-Iranians, and even later came into India as Indian Aryans.
Thanks, I would never have guessed that

Sati's immolation:
Daksha's daughter, Sati, had married Shiva against her father's wishes. Daksha did not invite Shiva, his Son-in-Law, when he conducted the 'yajna'. Shiva tried to dissuade Sati from going to her father's house, but Sati did not listen. At her father's house, she scolded Daksha for not inviting Shiva. Daksha was adament that he would not call an indigenous person to his 'yajna'. Slighted, Sati jumped into the 'yajna' fire and immolated herself.

When Shiva came to know of this, he became insanely angry. He plucked a hair from his head and thew it on ground, thereby giving rise to a very ferocious incarnation 'Veerabhadra', and asked him to go and destroy Daksha's 'yajna'.
Great story with lots of poetic exaggeration. Does make the story juicier. They know it now, they knew it back then. Better not not-invite Shiva to your party.

SoTrichotillomania might have originated from Shiva (most stories have great symbolism in them)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Is it OK if I've never felt called to search for anything. Life is more serendipitous for me.
Yeah, there are two ways 1. Live a life in 'dharma' (Karma Yoga) or 2. Live a life in 'dharma' and make your search and get your truth (Jnana Yoga). Both ways are good. I would not suggest a life outside 'dharma'.

stvdv

At her father's house, she scolded Daksha for not inviting Shiva. Daksha was adament that he would not call an indigenous person to his 'yajna'. Slighted, Sati jumped into the 'yajna' fire and immolated herself.
Daksha acted a bit like a "He-goat".... mehhh. Even then some parent's (always father it seems) arrogance and ignorance caused much trouble.

When, his sorrow did not seem to end, Vishnu and all other Gods and Rishis came to Shiva and requested him to abandon his anger. He finally conceded. Now about Daksha, the God's requested him to revive him in some way. He asked them to bring a head. The first living being that the God's came across was a he-goat.

The Gods beheaded it and brought the head to Shiva. Shiva put it on Daksha's body and revived him. Daksha, then asked to be forgiven.
Great lesson: Make mistake, don't forget to ask to be forgiven.

I love Hindu stories for their great simple life lessons. Not much changed in a few thousands years. Still fathers too arrogant to say sorry and still sweet daughters getting all the pain

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Better not not-invite Shiva to your party.
Shiva is the coolest God. Easiest to please and quickest to grant boons. Happy with the marijuana drink (Bhang) that he makes with Parvati. Does not own anything except his skin clothes, a trident and a rattle. Dances when mood hits him.

410366498_7b80b609c7_z.jpg

stvdv

Shiva is the coolest God. Easiest to please and quickest to grant boons. Happy with the marijuana drink (Bhang) that he makes with Parvati. Does not own anything except his skin clothes, a trident and a rattle. Dances when mood hits him.
Yes, I experienced He is very easy to please. But I rather avoid to displease Him

Reading your story, He does have some unsolved emotional issues (of course that's all maya to mirror/teach what is inside us:))

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I might not have the same belief as you, I might believe something and you do not. But I can not say to you in either case that you are wrong :) I really hope that the life you live, being a spiritual life or a none spiritual life is giving you what you wanted and for those of you who do have a religious or spiritual belief can find peace in mind and body, that what you believe is the right good for you.
I will support you in your quest for new answers and I will always be open to answering your questions. But I can not promise my wisdom will guide you to where you need to be.

To those who like to make critique of religions or spiritual living, I am open to your questions and your critique of where i am in my own seeking for truth. Some times you open my eyes to something I had not thought of, or when I go back and look at the teaching I find that my understanding was limited too :) So in both speaking with very spiritual people and to speak to super atheists is something I can learn from :)

No matter what, I am grateful for being a part of this group :) And I wish all of you find what you been searching for :)

If your house is on fire, should I shout a warning or leave you be?

stvdv

I've never personally found the idea of 'searching' appealing. It's a negative affirmation to to yourself that you're not happy, or never will be happy because you're always searching. There's a hidden frustration in there, and it may be better just to sit back and watch.

All people Search nowadays:

God
&
Google

Both start with "Go"

Just "Go" for it

Which ever makes you happy

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, there are two ways 1. Live a life in 'dharma' (Karma Yoga) or 2. Live a life in 'dharma' and make your search and get your truth (Jnana Yoga). Both ways are good. I would not suggest a life outside 'dharma'.
I looked up "dharma".
I still don't know what it is.

stvdv

I might not have the same belief as you, I might believe something and you do not. But I can not say to you in either case that you are wrong :) I really hope that the life you live, being a

To those who like to make critique of religions or spiritual living, I am open to your questions and your critique of where i am in my own seeking for truth

If your house is on fire, should I shout a warning or leave you be?
He said "If you have critique you can say so"

So, I guess, both are fine: Shout and Silence

You should do what "you desire" it seems
Not important what the other wants

Some people like it that way anyway:D

Last edited:

stvdv

Believe it or not, not everyone is addicted to the internet, and using google. Lots of folks on this planet don't even have computers and/or access to the internet.
Thanks, I believe you on your word
So I need not Google to check this
I don't use Google much, anyway:D