• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hope you found what you looking for.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No matter what, I am grateful for being a part of this group :) And I wish all of you find what you been searching for :)

It is great to share what is from the heart with each other. With that, there is no darkness and we find a Unity in our Diversity.

Regards Tony

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
But he was still a killer. Just because a snake sheds it's skin doesn't make the snake less dangerous. Sometimes evil has to be acknowledge as what it is to protect the innocent.
Not always true.

Was not a he though. The killer I met was named "Terror", but was a she.

All feared her (and I understand, as I once saw her attack her previous owner; scared the hell out of me seeing her like that). But when with me she is sweetness itself. I can even pull her tail, because she trusts me and I always have been nice to her.

David1967

Premium Member
I really TRY to coexist with the people of other beliefs, except when they demean my own religious freedoms. I seems clear now that the actions of THE CREATOR have gone on for very much longer than any belief system. Abraham was seen as a friend of God, and for me it seems plausible that he was not the first. What I think about God was molded by the Christian faith. Frankly it did not seem reverent and respectful enough, and for a while I thought Islam was much better. I haven't and won't disavow Islam or the Prophet, but the religions are all part of a family of faiths. I have no idea where this will end?

Abraham was certainly not the first. Remember when he met Melchizedek king of Salem who was a priest of G-d?

MonkeyFire

Show him forgivness and show that even he did somethig very bad, you can accept him as a human being. I know 99% of people would not agree with me on this. But it is not up to me to judge him for something he did not do toward my self. and if he do try to kill me, i cn forgive him for his lack of understanding of what he do toward me.

What's the difference between saying no to violence (non-violence), and hating violence? even non-violence can wind up as an anti-christ if you let hatred be the devil because they are relative to one another... as we remain passive.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

Abraham was certainly not the first. Remember when he met Melchizedek king of Salem who was a priest of G-d?

There are those who say that Melchizedek was a "type" of Jesus. It seems very likely to me that there were many before these folk and we don't know the half of it. I wonder if Ahura Mazda was real, and did he come before them? Are the images carved into stone at various Archeological sites World wide related? I think they depict real individuals. I don't think that those who carved those images had so much time to write fictional science fiction stories in stone. Perhaps much of the talk about the ancients today is meant to be a distraction from the knowledge and study of God?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I hope you found what you looking for.: Yes, Amanaki, I have found what I was looking for, the absolute unity of all things in the universe - "Sarvam Khalu Idam Brahma' (All things here are Brahman).
Really, Abraham should be reading 2100BC. I'd be interested in hearing counterarguments, but to do so I'll have to start a new thread or track down who made the chart.
That is blasphemy, AT-AT. You are a Bahai. How can Abraham be later than Krishna? Check with HoJ.
Show him forgivness ..
Amanaki, you don't live in my part of the world. Even your part is going to change.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is blasphemy, AT-AT. You are a Bahai. How can Abraham be later than Krishna? Check with HoJ.

The dates are not really known, this is another example

images.jpeg

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@Aupmanyav: do you know about age from Veda. I thought Krishna lived 5000 years ago but just 100+ years, not 900+. 100+ I can imagine to be correct.
Vedas and Krishna are not from the same root. Vedas are IE, Krishna is an indigenous Indian myth. They got mixed up later. Vedas are older than 4,000 BCE (because at that time the sun-rise on the day of Vernal equinox fell in the asterism of Orion. Perhaps the Krishna myth was already present when Aryans came to India after 2,000 BCE. The conflict of the two beliefs got us the stories like Krishna lifting the Govardhana Mountain to save the people of Vraja from the wrath of the Aryan God, India; and the story of Shiva ordering the destruction of Daksha's 'yajna' after self-immolation of Sati. Daksha was the an Aryan figurehead (Prajapati).

Krishna-Goverdhan-Leela-Lifts-Mountain-14x19-Inch-Poster.jpg
Veerabhadra_by_thandav.jpg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What's the difference between saying no to violence (non-violence), and hating violence? even non-violence can wind up as an anti-christ if you let hatred be the devil because they are relative to one another... as we remain passive.
The difference is the with no hate nothing will stick to you. With hate there are still attachments to this physical world, and how we treat each others. I do not wish to feel hate toward anyone, but sometimes it is difficult to stay 100% neutral

stvdv

Thank you for your information. Good info.

Question: Do you know if Vedas claim that there have been "humans" with age 600 till 1000 on earth?

Vedas and Krishna are not from the same root. Vedas are IE, Krishna is an indigenous Indian myth. They got mixed up later. Vedas are older than 4,000 BCE (because at that time the sun-rise on the day of Vernal equinox fell in the asterism of Orion.
IE is not "id est" I guess. What does it mean (could not find with google)?

Perhaps the Krishna myth was already present when Aryans came to India after 2,000 BCE. The conflict of the two beliefs got us the stories like Krishna lifting the Govardhana Mountain to save the people of Vraja from the wrath of the Aryan God, India
100% sure when you would ask me

and the story of Shiva ordering the destruction of Daksha's 'yajna' after self-immolation of Sati. Daksha was the an Aryan figurehead (Prajapati).
Bible God was not the only God "into business of demolition" , so it seems

stvdv

Some of the years are completely wrong on that chart. But then, some of the figures it names are mythological in the first place (Abraham, Moses, Krishna, etc.).
What do you imply with Krishna being mythological?
Krishna never physical existed
Krishna stories bit blown out of proportion
or....

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Do you know if Vedas claim that there have been "humans" with age 600 till 1000 on earth?
IE is not "id est" I guess. What does it mean (could not find with google)?
Bible God was not the only God "into business of demolition" , so it seems
Vedas, as I previously said, do not have any absurd claims other than the poetic exaggerations when they were praying to their Gods and Goddesses.
IE stands for Indo-Europeans, i.e., who came to Central Asia as Indo-Iranians, and even later came into India as Indian Aryans.

Sati's immolation:
Daksha's daughter, Sati, had married Shiva against her father's wishes. Daksha did not invite Shiva, his Son-in-Law, when he conducted the 'yajna'. Shiva tried to dissuade Sati from going to her father's house, but Sati did not listen. At her father's house, she scolded Daksha for not inviting Shiva. Daksha was adament that he would not call an indigenous person to his 'yajna'. Slighted, Sati jumped into the 'yajna' fire and immolated herself.

When Shiva came to know of this, he became insanely angry. He plucked a hair from his head and thew it on ground, thereby giving rise to a very ferocious incarnation 'Veerabhadra', and asked him to go and destroy Daksha's 'yajna'. Veerabhadra led Shiva's army and did so. He upturned Lord Brahma's throne, broke the teeth of Pusha, an Aryan God. Indra, the chief Aryan God, had to hide behind Brahma's chair to save himself. In the end, 'Veerabhadra beheaded Daksha.

'Shiva' came to the place where the 'yajna' was being conducted. He was inconsolable when he found the half burnt body of Sati. Shiva bore it on his shoulders and roamed all around India like a madman till Sati's body started disintegrating, and her body parts fell at 52 places. For exmple, Sati's ear rings fell in Varanasi, that is why a portion of Ganga's beach there is known as 'Mani karnika' (Ornament of the Ear). Her vulva fell in Assam and the place has the well-known temple of 'Kamakshi' there.

When, his sorrow did not seem to end, Vishnu and all other Gods and Rishis came to Shiva and requested him to abandon his anger. He finally conceded. Now about Daksha, the God's requested him to revive him in some way. He asked them to bring a head. The first living being that the God's came across was a he-goat. The Gods beheaded it and brought the head to Shiva. Shiva put it on Daksha's body and revived him. Daksha, then asked to be forgiven.

Sati was later born in the house of the king of mountains, Himalaya. She was named as Parvati. Parvati conducted a long austerity to get Shiva as her husband. At the end of the auteriities, she even abandoned eating leaves on which she was surving, henceforth, being also known as 'Aparna' (who would not even eat leaves to survive. Finally Shiva relented and married Parvati. For Hindus, Parvati is the best and the most loving mother.

Sati with Shiva, Shiva asking Sati not to go, Sati's self-immolation, Veerabhadra destroying Daksha's Yajna, Shiva wandering with Satis body, Daksha, Parvati's austerities, finally the happy ending - Shiva Parvati with their sons, Ganesha and Kartikeya (Murugan).
satiwithshiva.jpeg
Don'tgo.png
KA1_021.jpg
Veerabhadra.jpeg
wanderingshiva2.jpeg
Daksha.jpeg
2.-Aparna.jpg
20x28-Big-Poster-Shiva-Parvati-Ganesha-Karthik.jpg

Last edited: