• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have changed my mind

nPeace

Veteran Member
No it's quite different. There is no evidence that God inspired the Bible or any other sacred text. It is entirely an item of faith for a person. The theory of evolution, on the other hand, is based on evidence (and tons of it).
That's what you believe.
Your words... You are confusing knowledge with belief.

I will not argue with someone who identifies as belonging to Judaism, and asserting that there is no evidence that God inspired the Bible, and then making such a statement as the theory of evolution, on the other hand, is based on evidence (and tons of it).

If you have not seen the evidence that God inspired the Bible... I don't even want to know where your faith came from, and why you even identify with it.
I know there is tons of evidence there are quite a lot of fakers, and the scriptures concerning them will be fulfilled.

As for the evidence that the Bible is inspired by God, I don't need to repeat myself. That would be pointless, and just a meaningless cycle, especially to one who identifies as belonging to Judaism.
Peace.

Bird123

Maybe you missed what she said.

Meandflower said:

But i believe in a intelligent force/spirit/God who has created the universe/universes. But i believe God has no spesific religion.

I believe God send holy souls/wise humans to this world to teach us love, holiness, order, justice, peace, kindness.

I believe God do not care about which religion humans believe in, God care about our heart, that we are kind and loving to each other

She did not say she does not believe in any religion, she said she believes that God has no specific religion. She also believes in Messengers of God (God send holy souls/wise humans)

Yes, she is headed in the right direction. There is always more for each of us to Discover. What she has Discovered should not be discounted.

Religion is a creation of mankind. Take it as such. Religion reflects mankind more than anything else. Religions value the petty things mankind holds so dear. Tell me she isn't at least starting to see that.

We are all special souls sent by God to touch the lives of others. Tell me she hasn't touched you. On the other hand, there are souls who volunteer to go through great adversity in order that someone else sees and understands.

As far as God sending a messenger to specifically tell you the choices you should make,that will never happen. God will never intimidate, coerce or manipulate anyone's choices. On the other hand, mankind will attempt to intimidate, manipulate coerce and control your choices.

God places Truth around us all. Each makes those choices and each learns from the results of those choices.

It is all so simple yet there is Genius behind everything. It is truly a Masterpiece!!!

The first thing God pointed out to me is that mankind carries such a narrow view. I cry that. Even when one thinks one has all the answers, there is more to Discover. The answers are all around you. They are not coming from messengers. They are waiting to be Discovered.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

PearlSeeker

I believe in the abrahamic scriptures, but i do not believe God is behind the violent and terrible rules and actions in the religious scriptures. I believe humans is behind the violence part of the scriptures.
Scriptures are inspired. It's like music - some compositions are more inspired some less. Only a completist would listen to everything Mozart wrote for example.

The other thing is that Bible is not historically reliable...
I believe God is behind the abrahamic religious scriptures but i do not believe God is abrahamic. God has no religion. God is universal. That is the reason i do not believe the abrahamic God is the one true God, because God has no spesific religion. God do not care what religion humans believe in. I believe God only care about our heart. That we are kind and loving to each other.
Nice said. What's the next step? Completely give up religion or compromise?

I remained in Christian church but some of my personal views would be probably labeled as heresy, disbelief, syncretism...

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe that is because I know God personally and He tells me what I need to know.
Yikes. I'm sorry, but this voice of God that you hear telling you these things is no more accurate than the same voice that tells Muslims the quran is of God, or Mormons that the BoM is God's word. It's not God's voice that you are hearing, its your own emotional response.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Please keep in mind, that those children will be brought back to life in the Resurrection!
Who has the power to resurrect? (Have you thought of that?)

And yes, God will resurrect them. And their parents again, according to Scripture. (Acts of the Apostles 24:15, “unrighteous“)

But at that time, what were they to do, w/ their parents dead? Starvation wasn’t / isn’t a kind way to die.

And the Canaanites were filthy people, in every way imaginable! We have evidence that they were even involved in child sacrifice!
One of the archeologists who found proof of child sacrifice was Merrill F. Unger, who wrote: “Excavations in Palestine have uncovered piles of ashes and remains of infant skeletons in cemeteries around heathen altars, pointing to the widespread practice of this cruel abomination.” (Archaeology and the Old Testament, 1964, p. 279)
Another source is The Bible Handbook, revised edition, by Henry Halley. He wrote: “Temples of Baal and Ashtoreth were usually together. Priestesses were temple prostitutes. Sodomites were male temple prostitutes. The worship of Baal, Ashtoreth, and other Canaanite gods consisted of the most extravagant orgies; their temples were centers of vice.”
Then Halley states that near these sex temples, archaeologists “found great numbers of jars containing the remains of children who had been sacrificed to Baal. The whole area proved to be a cemetery for new-born babes.” Also found were “enormous quantities of images and plaques of Ashtoreth with rudely exaggerated sex organs, designed to foster sensual feelings. So, Canaanites worshiped, by immoral indulgence, as a religious rite, in the presence of their gods; and then, by murdering their first-born children, as a sacrifice to these same gods…..
Do we wonder any longer why God commanded Israel to exterminate the Canaanites? Did a civilization of such abominable filth and brutality have any right longer to exist? . . . —Pages 166, 167.

And these children were exposed to such behavior & ideas! Would you think they were mentally & emotionally abused? Their life would have been miserable.

I’m sure you’ve heard of “R.I.P.”, yes? Believe it. Trust that Jehovah always knows best. And when they’re resurrected, Isaiah 65:17 will apply.
What a terrible exuse you wrote.

So because the adults of the cananites used child sacrifice, then God thought all the children of the cananites should be killed?? That make no sense at all!! The children was innocent!!

And it was terrible that the adults cananites used child sacrifice BUT that God according to the Bible commanded people to kill all the children is even more terrible!!

God did NOT command the people to kill children. The man who wrote that in the Bible used God as an exuse for terrible actions.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
They will be brought Back to LIFE!!! Do you get that?
And when they are resurrected, it will be without those wicked influences.

Would you rather they starve? Or maybe be captured by other Canaanites, and raised to kill more of God’s people?

What a terrible exuse you wrote.

It was not an excuse. It was a reason!

if I knew my son would be taken away from me, and then raised to be a monster, I’d want him to be put to sleep - RIP - and then wait on God to resurrect him later.

Don’t let emotions cloud your reasoning ability.

Why was Abraham going to offer up Isaac? (Hebrews 11 17-19)

Have a good day.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If men said I am a builder.

The spirit of my sacrifice was a crime.

Where would it be?

In the heavens wAter oxygen keeping you alive,?

Or.

Inside men's machine. The God of science planet earth?

Seeing he proudly espoused science was satanism and the evils of Satan sealed by God in hell. One. Mass. Stone.

Men said I had a secret.

The carpenter he said is tectonic plates.

And the theme the End. Destruction. Terror. The last.

What holy status did he teach?

He never taught holiness he realised what he should have considered was holy.

So Satanists proved they removed what held fusion fused and removed it. Satan sealed inside of earth.

Collapse and the end life occurred.

Men's first memories. The satanist science brothers. Men.

A confession heard and recorded was written. It was documented known.

Men of science did it.

Built the end plate collapse by its consumption. Men built it.

What sacrificed life. And today they call it a theory. It was a confession. Science had caused it.

God the earth memory became a recorded story. And told us UFO was released as the end. The signs of the broken seal. Already broken.

Men had to agree to stop nuclear science to allow opened space to cool so pressure would shut off the end.

Satanists would not allow gods healing

Simple fact of evidence.

Thinking you theoried a new God reaction when you confessed you caused it.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
God did NOT command the people to kill children. The man who wrote that in the Bible used God as an exuse for terrible actions.
I have doubts the actions even happened. But yes, the reliabilty of those words being said by Moses is suspect. Are we talking about Moses here? I am barging into a conversation a little blind.