• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have changed my mind

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I do not believe anymore that the Abrahamic God is the one true God.

But i believe in a intelligent force/spirit/God who has created the universe/universes. But i believe God has no spesific religion.

I believe God send holy souls/wise humans to this world to teach us love, holiness, order, justice, peace, kindness.

I believe God do not care about which religion humans believe in, God care about our heart, that we are kind and loving to each other

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting. What led to your abandonment of the Abrahamic God?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It sounds to me like you still fit under the 'Abrahamic' God umbrella.

What is the difference between believing in an intelligent God that created the universe/(s) that sends holy souls and the Abrahamic God?
Whether or not you believe in the scriptures that are said to be from that God.

Whether you believe in and follow the rules set by this God.

Not every such monotheistic God is the Abrahamic one.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

But i believe in a intelligent force/spirit/God who has created the universe/universes. But i believe God has no spesific religion.

I believe God send holy souls/wise humans to this world to teach us love, holiness, order, justice, peace, kindness.

I believe God do not care about which religion humans believe in, God care about our heart, that we are kind and loving to each other
Good stuff. This sounds like the progression from Old Age thinking to New Age thinking.

Starlight

The violence in the Abrahamic religious books. I do not believe God is behind violence or terrible rules (the only exception is self-defence).

But the Dharmic religious books has also much violence, i do not believe God is behind that violence either.

Yes the different religious books has much wisdom. And i believe God is behind the wisdom and good actions and kindness in the religious books but the violence is not from God.

If God is really loving and just then the logical answer is that God is behind religious books BUT that the violence part or terrible commandments in the books is NOT from God. Much of the content in the religions books is written by humans that use God as a exuse for violence or terrible commandments

Last edited:

Starlight

It sounds to me like you still fit under the 'Abrahamic' God umbrella.

What is the difference between believing in an intelligent God that created the universe/(s) that sends holy souls and the Abrahamic God?
The difference is that i do not believe God is behind the violence and terrible laws in the abrahamic religious books. That is written by humans that used God as an exuse for terrible actions

God do not care what religions humans believe in. What God cares about is that we are kind and loving to each other

Last edited:

Starlight

I have not abandonment the Abrahamic God. The different is that i believe God is universal, God has no spesific religion

Maybe God in reality is deist. I'm not sure

danieldemol

Premium Member
The only solution is that God is not behind the violence part in the religious books

Or

God is a deist
According to my understanding a deist is someone who believes that God set the universe/(s) in motion at the foundation of the material realm, and then does not interfere since.

At the surface your claim that God sends holy souls to intervene would appear to contradict deism.

In my opinion.

Starlight

According to my understanding a deist is someone who believes that God set the universe/(s) in motion at the foundation of the material realm, and then does not interfere since.

At the surface your claim that God sends holy souls to intervene would appear to contradict deism.

In my opinion.
Yes i know

I believe God sends Holy souls to itervene.

But i understand why some people think deist is logical

danieldemol

Premium Member
Whether or not you believe in the scriptures that are said to be from that God.

Whether you believe in and follow the rules set by this God.

Not every such monotheistic God is the Abrahamic one.
So Abrahamic liberals such as liberal Christians are not Abrahamic?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The violence in the Abrahamic religious books. I do not believe God is behind violence or terrible laws (the only exception is self-defence).

But the Dharmic religious books has also much violence, i do not believe God is behind that violence either.

Yes the different religious books has much wisdom. And i believe God is behind the wisdom and good actions and kindness in the religious books but the violence is not from God.

If God is really loving and just then the logical answer is that God is behind religious books BUT that the violence part or terrible commandments in the books is NOT from God. Much of the content in the religions books is written by humans that use God as a exuse for violence or terrible commandments
Does John 13:34-35 sound like this comes from a violent God?

Yes, these are Jesus’ words, but this came from his Father (John 12:49), his God. — John 20:17.

I mean, read Colossians 3:12-14; Ephesians 4:31-32; etc.

Why did Yahweh kill those in ancient Israel’s past?

He was defending His people, and preserving the prophesied line to the Messiah.... those enemies wanted to kill them! (Didn’t you say that killing is ok “only in self-defense”?)

He was fully justified to protect His own.

We should be glad that Yahweh / Jehovah / the Abrahamic God is one who doesn’t hide His past actions! He didn’t have to tell us what He did. But He is very honest & candid....even if such actions (that He Himself had recorded) open Him up to severe scrutiny.

He is fiercely loyal to those He loves!

Starlight

Does John 13:34-35 sound like this comes from a violent God?

Yes, these are Jesus’ words, but this came from his Father (John 12:49), his God. — John 20:17.

I mean, read Colossians 3:12-14; Ephesians 4:31-32; etc.

Why did Yahweh kill those in ancient Israel’s past?

He was defending His people, and preserving the prophesied line to the Messiah.... those enemies wanted to kill them! (Didn’t you say that killing is ok “only in self-defense”?)

He was fully justified to protect His own.

We should be glad that Yahweh / Jehovah / the Abrahamic God is one who doesn’t hide His past actions! He didn’t have to tell us what He did. But He is very honest & candid....even if such actions (that He Himself had recorded) open Him up to severe scrutiny.

He is fiercely loyal to those He loves!
Do you really believe that God commanded the people to kill children?

But no. God did NOT command the people to kill children. The man who wrote that used God as an exuse for terrible actions

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
religion-clockwork_universe_theory-deists-creator-christianity-christians-rman14830_low.jpg

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

God is the most important being and has most right to be valued and exalted. If we choose our own desires as opposed to trying to recognize God and his religion, although we don't harm God, this is a huge injustice, and makes all our supposed good deeds in vain.

If you can't recognize God and his appointed leader pointing you to him, you don't value in truth, and love is meant to value and appreciate in truth. A human choosing what the value and light is and what God is out of desires will never be forgiven unless they repent and come to God's door humble and submissive.

You are probably aware of what Quran says of those who wish to split between God and his Messengers, and want to believe in some things and disbelieve in others... they truly are disbelievers.

It's sad on the day of Arafa, you've chosen this, but God may bring you back, like he guided the brothers of Joseph (a) back to him after their injustice to him and themselves.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So Abrahamic liberals such as liberal Christians are not Abrahamic?
Dude you totally misread what I was saying.

I meant not every single monotheism is Abrahamic.

There are monotheists who do not believe in the Biblical or Qur'anic God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Can I ask, since christianity is christ-focused, why would you need to believe the violence in the bible if your perception of god is a god of love?

Not all christians take a literal approach to the bible.