• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you believe that to be born again means that the Spirit of Truth lives in you then what Jesus says has no meaning. Does it?

Where two or more are gathered in my name, I am there. Matthew 18:20

Where The Spirit of Truth goes, Jesus goes. Where Jesus goes, the Spirit of Truth goes. Surely you know that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think that answered the question...

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it teeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

There is two parts to this...

He dwells WITH you... present...

and shall be IN you... future.

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them,Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
1 Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I ask because so many times the reason for a disconnect when two people talk is because we haven't established what we believe as a foundation. This has to do with who is teaching and how we are being taught.
You are the one who is misunderstanding it proving to me you DO NOT have the Spirit of Truth with you. Why are you pretending?

We are not alone. You said so yourself! We are a body of believers. John 14:17

With us he abides and by you he will be.

The first one παρ’ ὑμῖν μένει meaning the body of believers. The second one ἐν ὑμῖν ἔσται
meaning with you personally as the need may be.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You are the one who is misunderstanding it proving to me you DO NOT have the Spirit of Truth with you. Why are you pretending?
OK... I think we have a disconnect here and probably why we keep bumping heads.

Once again you judge... I would never judge your heart nor accuse you pretending...

Rom 8:
33 Who will bring a charge against God's elect people? It is God who acquits them.
34 Who is going to convict them? It is Christ Jesus who died, even more, who was raised, and who also is at God's right side. It is Christ Jesus who also pleads our case for us.

I think I will bow out of our sharing with each other and I'll just let Jesus plead my case.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK... I think we have a disconnect here and probably why we keep bumping heads.

Once again you judge... I would never judge your heart nor accuse you pretending...

Rom 8:
33 Who will bring a charge against God's elect people? It is God who acquits them.
34 Who is going to convict them? It is Christ Jesus who died, even more, who was raised, and who also is at God's right side. It is Christ Jesus who also pleads our case for us.

I think I will bow out of our sharing with each other and I'll just let Jesus plead my case.
You said John 14:17 where it says "The Spirit of Truth in you" is future tense.
I told you that it means by, but you refused to listen. Didn't you?
Judging someone and witnessing something are not the same.
I am witnessing that you think you are right. God is right.
You aren't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With The Spirit of The Truth a person can not lie. If he or she does not know something then the truth is, "I don't know". To be passing nonsense off as the truth is faking you have the truth.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is to believe in something only if it comes a certain way not like the Jehovah's Witnesses who are being taught not to trust anything unless it comes from the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

What is your source @KenS? Yourself?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
a word, the Word

From lego; something said (including the thought); by implication, a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension, a computation;
specially, (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (i.e. Christ) -- account, cause, communication, X concerning, doctrine, fame, X have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say(-ing), shew, X speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.