• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@omega2xx You say Jesus chooses his sheep. You seem so sure that I am not chosen to be led by him to believe something different than you and the majority do.

HOW do you know that?

omega2xx

@omega2xx You say Jesus chooses his sheep. You seem so sure that I am not chosen to be led by him to believe something different than you and the majority do.

HOW do you know that?

I have no problem with someone not believing as I do. All I ask for is Biblical support for what you say. Your interpretation may be better than mine.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
For those who accept man's responsibility we can go to Mt 23:37, ....but you were unwilling. 2 Pet 3:9--If it is God's will that no perish, why not chose them all?
One could say "God chose them all because He desires that none should perish but they were unwilling

Rom 9:16 - So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. Jn 1:13 says basically the same thing.
No argument here...if it weren't the mercy of God that was available, it doesn't matter what man willed.

the question isn't new... Arminianism vs Calvanism.

Who knows... maybe both are wrong in some form

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you're presenting false perspective, etc., then the correct teachings just get mixed in with the garbage.
I have said that "bad association spoil useful habits" is about "correct teachings getting mixed up with garbage", but most people still insist that bad associations mean people.

omega2xx

One could say "God chose them all because He desires that none should perish but they were unwilling

No argument here...if it weren't the mercy of God that was available, it doesn't matter what man willed.

the question isn't new... Arminianism vs Calvanism.

Who knows... maybe both are wrong in some form

I like to think both are right and it is only our spiritual ignorance that makes them look like contraiction.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I like to think both are right and it is only our spiritual ignorance that makes them look like contraiction.
LOL - I always say, "When we get to Heaven, Jesus is going to sit us all down for Christianity 101 and say 'THIS is what I was saying'"

omega2xx

LOL - I always say, "When we get to Heaven, Jesus is going to sit us all down for Christianity 101 and say 'THIS is what I was saying'"

Amen. Wont that be fun?

"Faith is a sounder guide than reason. Reason can go only so far, but faith has no limits."
- Blaise Pascal

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Might I make it to the next level? It is possible. Might I make it to the next level after that?
Probably not.

omega2xx

This is fun!

It is written Jesus says, "get away from me".

Why does he say that?

Depart is a verb and away is a place. What will he tell them?

Matthew 7:22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Matthew 7:22-23

The verb is "get away." A specific place does not have to be mentioned.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think that you must be aware that what was heard of God and then written is not the same thing as what the Bible is. I certainly believe it was possible that God's words were written, but it is not possible that what we have are all those.

I believe this verse supports that view:
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that should be written.

I also believe we can trust what has been written and we can't always be sure that someone saying something is coming from the Holy Spirit is not self deceived.