• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And yet your religion is none?
I do not believe that faith and religion are the same things.

Faith is belief. I think that my faith is similar to your faith.
Religion is something that defines faith but if you confess a religion you become a servant of IT.
John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free
Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, because faulty translation has occured. Obfuscating translations.
I agree with you. To add "make" at Matthew 28:19 is a faulty translation. Obey the fault if you will. I am saying that you shouldn't make yourselves a slave to the words.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that to profess a "religion" is to choose a path. I do not choose a path.
Isn't Christianity about choosing a shepherd? How can a sheep choose his own path?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Is to believe in something only if it comes a certain way not like the Jehovah's Witnesses who are being taught not to trust anything unless it comes from the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

What is your source @KenS? Yourself?
???????

omega2xx

I think that to profess a "religion" is to choose a path. I do not choose a path.
Isn't Christianity about choosing a shepherd? How can a sheep choose his own path?

It is more about the Shepherd choosing the sheep. Then they follow the path their shepherd takes.

Cynicism and skepticism are the crudest form of quasi-intellectualism... Let the cynic become cynical of his cynicism and the skeptic skeptical of his skepticism and join the battle. R.C. Sproul

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you changed the scripture? It is written that God loved the world and sent his son, but what you seem to say is the God loved some people and sent his son for those ones. @omega2xx

You guys are so cute like a baby whenever you say that I can't believe some of the scriptures are right if I don't believe that all of it is right.

omega2xx

Are there two different paths to salvation? Or is everyone who does not get chosen doomed to be without God?

God's sovereignty and man's responsibility in salvation is a theological knot that theologians have not even loosened, let alone untied.

The problem is that the Bible clearly speaks of both.

For those who accept man's responsibility we can go to Mt 23:37, ....but you were unwilling. 2 Pet 3:9--If it is God's will that no perish, why not chose them all?

Now the other side of the coin. Rom 9:16 - So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. Jn 1:13 says basically the same thing.

Even the passage on being morn again teaches that we play the same part in our spiritual birth that we played natural birth.

These 2 apparent contradiction are an antinomy---2 truths that seem to be contradictory. When you were born did you start living or dying---Yes. When we are to cleave to someone, are we to be joined or do we need the old meat cleaver?

IMO, they only seem contradictory to us because of our limited knowledge. They are not contradictory to God.

Cynicism and skepticism are the crudest form of quasi-intellectualism... Let the cynic become cynical of his cynicism and the skeptic skeptical of his skepticism and join the battle. R.C. Sproul